i hope someone here can help me on this.. - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-18-2006, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

Question i hope someone here can help me on this..

on afla digest and oldbottles, they refer to a sensor on the motor that retards the ignition, there even is a re-call for this, it states that the plug should be removed from this sensor for emissions( state of ca.)but i cannot find it, there are 2 sensors fit this discription, both look like water temp. senders for the bosch fi. ecm.one of these sensors retarde the ignition on all bosch spiders and gtv- and gtv6 cars.any idea with one it is?thanks........oh yes just to wet your appt. when you dis-connect this sensor,it really helps the perfromance..

Last edited by bianchi1; 06-18-2006 at 05:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-18-2006, 07:52 PM

White One,
See pic, yellow arrow. Thats the only coolant temp sensor (in the intake manifold) served by a single wire. I didn't peel back the outer shielding to see what color it is--would suspect that Spider colors may differ from the purple/white in GG's paper. That sensor is the forward most between cylinders 2 & 3. Let us know if you see tangible improvements--I didn't see any TBs related to the Spider & this sensor.
Name:  Ig Temp Sensor.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  86.7 KB
Cheers,

Paul
'86 Spider Graduate
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-18-2006, 08:50 PM Thread Starter

thanks battlebug...but..

from what i can find out it.s a sensor going to the motronic ecm. i will check tuesday on my day off...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-18-2006, 09:14 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to he3r0
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by bianchi1
from what i can find out it.s a sensor going to the motronic ecm. i will check tuesday on my day off...
then check right next to the ecm. I think it is the vacuum sensor, right behind passenger seat? as far as I remember it is used for retarding ignition.

Maciej ->Ex: CITROEN GS 1220'78, NISSAN SENTRA'94, SPIDER GRADUATE'85,
VVO 960'97, VVO 940'94, Renault Megane'99, Now: VVO V70XC'98, VVO 142 '72, BMW K75S '93
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-18-2006, 10:07 PM Thread Starter

just got home from work

alfa tech bulletins....87,01 and 89,02....it's a coolent temp to ignition retard....it's a sensor that retards the igntion untill it reaches 95f/35c., to parfrase.." it has 2 failure modes, the first failure is not advance the igniton timing upon reaching 95f, the next failure mode it, cannot make up it's mind and retards and advances the timing whenever it wants too.if your car has an irregular idle, high emissions or is powerfull one min and slow the next, then the odds are this is your problem." go to www.oldbottles.com/italiancarspage3htm..for the full write up on this.. thanks
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-18-2006, 10:59 PM

From what I've understood this only pertains to GTV6's and Milanos. And would be the single wired sensor on therm housing. The sensor shown above is strictly for the temp. gauge.

Dan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode