here is the tool:
1) screw threaded rods with sparkplug ends into sparkplug holes, remove nuts and washers from threaded rods.
2) slide metal plate with holes on to rods, plate now sits on head studs, with threaded rods sticking up through holes.
3) drop washers on each threaded rod and screw nuts by hand down.
4) using wrench tighten nuts one to two turns max at time so you all tightening evenly, what happens is the head starts to raise against the plate, this will work until the top of the head rises to the top of the studs(bottom of the plate sitting on the studs). always star with two and three first.
5) undo the whole business lifting the plate high enough to take the four shorter bolts pictured placing then vertically between the plate and the studs (using studs # 3&4 and 7&8
6) repeat the process with the nuts and washers turn one to two turn at a time evenly on nuts, this raises the head farther up until you reach the top of the bolts.
7) the studs are long, the head thick repeat the process using the four longest bolts.
8) it takes several hours but it works.
ONE MORE THING, YOU DID REMOVE THE TWO BOLTS AT THE FRONT OF THE HEAD THAT
COME UP FROM THE FRONT COVER INTO THE HEAD?
84 Spider Veloce
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
solve problems, learn something new!