vote on my new paint colour... - Page 3 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 12:15 PM

What is that Blu Medio AR370 color you speak of? Is that 91 Spider red?

As for Maaco.. we'll, you get what you pay for. Most all paint jobs look shiny and pretty when new, but how about after 1-5 years?

I do have friends in the auto repair/paint business, however experience has taught me to be careful of doing business with friends..

If they paint your car and you are less than satisfied with the result, what then?

91 Spider Veloce
87 Spider Veloce - in pieces
86 Spider Quadrifoglio - hooked me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 12:48 PM Thread Starter

Red face kenny, sorry

just my paint is pretty old
post #33 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 01:31 PM

That's ok, most of the clearcoat is flaking off mine - It needs repainted too. I'll keep mine Ivory though. It's rare enough to see an Alfa in my town, but when you do they are either red, black, or silver. As far as I know, I have the only ivory one. Plus it goes pretty good with the dark blue interior.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 01:42 PM

red all the way

1987 Red Spider Veloce
counting down the days 'til I can do some body work...
post #35 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 05:36 PM

Garage
yeah, but which red.. i hate the orangy orginal red that my duetto is, infact i'm thinking of changing the whole car to atlantic blue pearl (subaru outback current colour).... yes, bring on the flames.. .it looks nioce.

anway, OTHER than red, what colours does the duetto look good in.. and does naybody have pics of different coloured roofs.. i need to replace my roof too but it will have to be imported so i can't touch or see prior.. what's the best looking, lasting roof for a duetto (i'd consider a beige/tan roof on a good red.. did they do this with the 101 spiders ?)

C
post #36 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 06:40 PM

I like certain blues too. - but please no flames - hehehehe. Subaru blue is nice, and so is the blue they use on the new Mazda RX-8's - kinda pops really good in the sunlight.

Top - I like Robbins myself, but I have a new clothtop here (still in the box)that came with my car when I bought it. It's from Crown upholstery in Georgia? Never heard of them, but it looks to be really high quality. Alot better than the old top on the car anyway. But it's black (which is fine by me for my car).

I have seen a couple of tan-top pictures on the Alfa Picture forum above this one. Not sure Tan goes with blue, but I've been surprised before. My ivory car has a blue interior, and it goes together well.
post #37 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 07:01 PM

Garage
any pics... i'm interested in the size of the rear window, if it zips out, what does rolled quarter panels mean, and is it lined on the inside ie.. can you still see the mechanism, or is it all hidden ?

Cheers
post #38 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 07:10 PM

The new one (still in the box) that I have is not lined (not sure they ever came that way), but is a 3 layer canvas/cloth/mohair material. The window doesn't zip out. (but I have a/c too) - I can respect the want for a zip out window - my MG has one, and I use it all during the hot summer months for human cooling. I've yet to own any convertible (and granted, I've not had many) that you can't see the top bows and folding scissors.

Maybe someone else knows about the liner part. I can get one for my MGB that's called a cabriolet top, that has a liner that hides most of the top mechanisms - and has an insulation pad between that and the top material. I'd bet it's awsome for noise reduction, but my head already sometimes touches the top bars and I'm only 5'10". So I figure the liner would take away headroom and I'd rather drive top-down most of the time too.

Just my other 2 worth.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode