post #136 of 158 (permalink) Old 04-14-2016, 01:03 PM

JON, I'm in touch with a guy doing repros. Will KYITL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #137 of 158 (permalink) Old 08-24-2016, 04:46 PM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
What are folks doing for decals and stickers for their SPICA cars? I've tried getting in touch with John, but he seems to be MIA and I'm on the hunt for the proper stickers and decals for my 69 1750 SPICA Spider.

Brian __________________________________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #138 of 158 (permalink) Old 08-24-2016, 06:01 PM

Garage
I have the same problem contacting John Duncan. I tried the AOL email address; I pm'd him here; I placed an order through CLASSIC CAR DECALS - Restoration stickers for classic cars.. Nothing happened. I had http://www.ccnow.com (the company who handles payment for CARCLASSIC.BIZ try to contact him....nuthin'. Finally cancelled the order.

I came here tonight looking for a way to contact him, and found this thread. I'm looking for a complete sticker set for a 71.Spider, and specifically a SPICA box silver decal.

71 Spider

Last edited by Lokki; 08-24-2016 at 06:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #139 of 158 (permalink) Old 08-24-2016, 09:56 PM

No better intelligence here

I'm in the same boat. I've sent a few messages to John lately (last 6 months) and have heard nothing back. So not sure what the story is. So for FISPA, Framm and SPICA items, it is a problem.

That said, there are some other sources for certain other items, if you're in need; such as:

Stickers

Gifts & Accessories - Classic Alfa

OKP Parts and Engineering GmbH

Good luck,
Scott
post #140 of 158 (permalink) Old 08-25-2016, 03:08 AM

Garage
Comit Oil Housing Decal.

Hello, I have the same problem. Tried to contact John several times but no answer. I am looking for a clear picture of the lettering of the Comit filter housing of my 1968 1759 gtv in order to reproduce the decal by myself.

Thank you in advance, Theodore
Attached Images

Thodoris, Athens
1961 GIULIETTA SPRINT
1968 1750 GTV
1971 1750 BERLINA
1978 ALFETTA GTV 2000 L
1986 SPIDER VELOCE
2004 SPIDER 2000 JTS
post #141 of 158 (permalink) Old 08-25-2016, 05:52 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokki View Post
I have the same problem contacting John Duncan. I tried the AOL email address; I pm'd him here; I placed an order through CLASSIC CAR DECALS - Restoration stickers for classic cars.. Nothing happened. I had Sell Online | Sell Items Online | Accept Credit Cards Online | Merchant Account Alternative (the company who handles payment for CARCLASSIC.BIZ try to contact him....nuthin'. Finally cancelled the order.

I came here tonight looking for a way to contact him, and found this thread. I'm looking for a complete sticker set for a 71.Spider, and specifically a SPICA box silver decal.
I don't know if that website belongs to John. I know that he is extremely busy with life and job. The occasional request that trickles in may not be motivation enough to fire up his printer.

I will try again to see if I can reach him.

post #142 of 158 (permalink) Old 08-25-2016, 06:20 AM

Garage
Thanks Brian

I am not sure that that website belongs to John either.... I only tried it after I failed to make contact with him through his AOL email address and by pm'ing him here.

However, whether it belongs to John or not, no one is home there.

Perhaps we could convince John to do a sort of "Last Call" production run if we gathered enough people to make it worth the bother?

71 Spider
post #143 of 158 (permalink) Old 08-25-2016, 01:47 PM

I found a shot of some various canisters on the BB, attached. Not sure if any are "correct". Also attach is a shot of my black canister—after cleaning and repainting. The rusty black FIAMM canister shows the decal I think I need to find.

I also attach a pdf doc I found on the bb that may have some useful info.

I also am awaiting word back from John. The latest contact info I have for John is:

John M. Duncan

I'll try him one more time after sending this.

If anyone finds other sources, please advise. I'll update if I reach John. I'm also looking for a FIPSA decal for the fuel filter canister. Thx.
Scott
Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: pdf Oil Filters 750 - 105 v4.pdf (866.7 KB, 154 views)

Last edited by papajam; 08-25-2016 at 04:31 PM. Reason: contact info removed for privacy concerns
post #144 of 158 (permalink) Old 08-25-2016, 01:52 PM

Question Message left

Just called and got John's voicemail. I left a msg, so we'll what happens. More when I know it.

Regards,

SDP
post #145 of 158 (permalink) Old 08-25-2016, 04:27 PM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinsky View Post
Just called and got John's voicemail. I left a msg, so we'll what happens. More when I know it.

Regards,

SDP
Posting someone's personal phone number and email address in a public forum is irresponsible. By so doing, you have more than likely spoiled it for everyone. Please remove his number and email address.

Nevermind, I have connections and got it removed.

Last edited by ossodiseppia; 08-25-2016 at 04:32 PM.
post #146 of 158 (permalink) Old 08-25-2016, 04:54 PM

Apologies

Sorry for the unintended transgression. I guess I am unfamiliar with protocol on the BB, etc. I also didn't know John intended to keep his info confidential, since I thought he was selling to the public.

Anyway, that said, I am properly chastised I guess and relay my mea culpa to John or anyone else offended. I will refrain from similar missteps in the future. No offense intended obviously.

SDP
post #147 of 158 (permalink) Old 08-25-2016, 05:55 PM
Australian Member
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Bill Gillham was making decals and also Uri Schwartz in Israel was. I have bought from both these people as well as JD. All are good quality and reasonably priced. If you can't find JD try the other 2.
post #148 of 158 (permalink) Old 08-25-2016, 09:10 PM

Smile

Thx for the tips!
post #149 of 158 (permalink) Old 08-26-2016, 05:52 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso 2300S View Post
Bill Gillham was making decals and also Uri Schwartz in Israel was. I have bought from both these people as well as JD. All are good quality and reasonably priced. If you can't find JD try the other 2.
The email I sent to Bill, yesterday, bounced. Uri made me a few stickers before the printer technology started producing printers for home use. I can check with him as well.

post #150 of 158 (permalink) Old 08-26-2016, 05:54 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinsky View Post
Sorry for the unintended transgression. I guess I am unfamiliar with protocol on the BB, etc. I also didn't know John intended to keep his info confidential, since I thought he was selling to the public.

Anyway, that said, I am properly chastised I guess and relay my mea culpa to John or anyone else offended. I will refrain from similar missteps in the future. No offense intended obviously.

SDP
It was an innocent mistake. I just don't want him to get pummeled wit phone calls.

Let us know if you hear from him.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode