1966 Duetto, Add a rear stabilizer bar - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-28-2005, 02:39 PM Thread Starter

1966 Duetto, Add a rear stabilizer bar

Hello All,

Any thoughts on how to add a rear stabilizer bar on a 1966 Duetto. I now have the extended bolts to receive the bar on the trailing arms, but I don't know where to attach the clamps and rubber bushings. I am guessing you drill holes and bolt the clamps onto the underside of the trunck. Where are the clamps connected on a 1969 ? Thanks for your help !!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-28-2005, 04:11 PM

Just look at a 1969 1750 - which had a small rear bar. In fact, that's the best place for the parts - bar, clamps, links. The links connect to new bolts on the rear of the trailing arms that have an extended shaft for them. The only tricky part is the clamps for the bar against the body. Looking at the 1750 (anybody out there have a camera handy?) you can see where the clamps go. The bolts go right thru the body. Actually, the bolts come from the body out, adn the bushings and clamps fit over those, then the nuts.

But the bolts that are vertical come thru the floor in an area where the rear package shelf is doubled. I cut a 1 inch dia hole thru this so that I could get the bolt into the floor sheet metal, then covered that hole with a plug.

Robert
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-29-2005, 10:43 AM
GTD

Quasi
Check with Osso. He probably has a good pic and could supply you with the correct dimensions for proper location.

Alfa Sapiens

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode