Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Rapid City SD, Black Hills of South Dakota
The old one slides easily. A new one probably won't. Silicon grease will help, I'm sure. BTW, I went out today and drove at 60+ and couldn't tell any difference in wind noise from the that small gap above the windscreen. I tried it as is, and with some closed cell insulation stuffed in there to fill the gap. There was a crosswind today, and that made more noise than anything. If you want to know what kinds of suspension and axle noise your car is making . . . drive with the top up . . . you'll hear all of it.
I still want to work on that front edge and get the seam turned down more. It's not really wide enough to reach all the way to the stainless windshield trim though. The Alfa installation book specifies that as well as when I talked to Randy at EasyOn tops. It's just really hard to get right so it looks even across the leading edge of the bow. When you glue it, it would seem that you need to greatly exagerate the downturn of the seam, so that when stretch pressure is put on it, it pulls back into the right place. Especially hard since the contact cement only goes on the underside and not on the top of the front bow.
GTD - what company offers that glass window. I would assume that it would have to be a zipped window that is unfastened when you fold the top.
Last edited by Roadtrip; 11-05-2005 at 11:47 AM.