1750 Berlina - my new ride
Been a while - I've been Alfaless for a few years.
Taken a detour to Japanese and English classics, always with the plan to get back to Italy - to Alfa.
I've been through a long thought process - chrome bumper Alfetta GTV, maybe Giulia again, even a flirt with Fiat 124B Coupe and Lancia Monte Carlo. But now I am close. So **** close.
I've taken a look at a 1750 Berlina.
It looks and drives great.
Small cosmetic things that need fixing.
Question that the experts may help me in answering:
1. Front grille and lights are from a 2000 - is it possible to get hold of an original 1750?
2. Rear lights look like originals - but are there differences between series 1 and 2 cars?
3. Engine has been replaced by 2 litre unit - fine by me
4. Chassis number is: AR 1763386. Can anyone help with model and production date details?
5. The retainer straps/levers are missing on all 4 doors - but new ones will come with the car. But the mounting bracket on the door opening is missing on three of the doors - can they be sourced?
If I am lucky, it will be parked in my garage in a couple of weeks.
a. Get hold of an original 1750 front grille and lights
b. Lower it at the rear end - probably get Alfaholics springs and shocks - experience/recommendations
c. Seems ok at the front, but may consider a slight lowering - experience/recommendations
I've had a numb er of Giulia Supers, but this one seems to a lot more 'laid 'back' when driving at 60-80mph, but could use a slight tightening of the suspension - hence the lowering.
I will primarily be using the Berlina for lot's of summer driving - winding country roads, short sprints on motorways and long distance on B roads with speed limits of around 60-70mph.
Track days will be maybe once a year.
So, what are your thoughts.
Current - 1750 Berlina. Past - Giulia x 3, 75 Evoluzione, 155, 156, 146, Lotus Europa, Jaguar 420G and many more.
Last edited by perholmen; 06-11-2018 at 12:24 PM.