Giulia and Berlina Picture Roll-call - Page 43 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 358Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #631 of 1677 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 07:23 PM

Rob, Nice catch..when will we see them in the States? Frank
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 1677 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 06:04 AM

Thank you Frank,
I don't know yet. They are working on the Promiscua and than they will start on the TI. I am not in a hurry. May be I will keep them in Europe for a while and have some fun next Summer going up and down the Swiss Alps.

Happy Motoring
Rob

No more Alfa's for now, maybe one more in the near future.
post #633 of 1677 (permalink) Old 10-12-2010, 06:32 AM
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Anfanuts
Finally Home!!

I finally got my little jewel home after some looking, some waiting, a Euro 8000 mile tour, and then more waiting to get her home to the US! She fits well with all the greenery here! Just in time for the nice Fall touring weather. She shares the stable with her cousin, a red 69 roundtail. All we need now is the white coupe for the Alfa Italian Trifecta. Hmmmm. One more for the US Super Force. Hope to see you on the road out there somewhere.
Attached Images

Anfanuts; Ph.A., B.S.A., U. of NOTASME
Now
- Spider Veloce, '69 US1750/4.56 LSD (
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)(
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
) - since '75 for that early mid-life crisis!
- Pinyo - '72 Super, 2L/4.30LSD (
)(
) - for that late mid-life crisis!!
- Gina Lolo Bianca - '65 early Series 1 Super, white/lt.blue-gray, stock 1600/4.56

- for the heck of it now!!!
- Dijonaise- '73 Giulia Super 1.6, Giallo Piper/black, very stock (
) - for the 2017 Euro trip -

- "PF Ziggy" - 1991 ES-30 Sprint Zagato #550 - for pure hedonism now -

Gone-
- El Blanco - '75 Super, ex-Nuova to earlier Super style, 2L/4.30LSD, white/gray-black -
-

- Colonel Mustard - '67 Giulia Sprint GTV, Giallo Ocra/black, very stock, 1600 (
) -

- '70 1300 TI, 2L/4.10LSD, white/black - for a short while only . . .
- Benjamin - '76 ex-Nuova to 1600 Super (
) - for the 2011 Euro trip
- '69 1750 Berlina (wish I still had)
Links
Pinyo's 2010, 10 wk, 8000 mi "Super" Euro-Trip Blog -

Benjamin's 2011, 7 week, 3500 mile "Super2" Euro-Trip Blog -

Gina Lolo's 2011 Alfa Convention, 3350 mile Roadtrip blog -

Dijonaise's 2017 6 week, 4400 mile Euro Driving Trip blog -

Dijonaise's 2019, 5 week, 3800 mile Euro Driving Trip blog -

Last edited by Anfanuts; 10-13-2010 at 06:36 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #634 of 1677 (permalink) Old 10-16-2010, 03:40 AM

Two Giulia's on this page who found a new owner and both Giulia's are comming from The Netherlands!!!! The Giulia with bodywork by Introzzi is saw some weeks ago at the garage of previous owner, when looking for a Giulia Sprint 1600. Looks like there are more and more Giulia's leaving the country to find a new home.

GT 1300 Junior ('67) GT Junior 1300 Unificato ('75)
Giulia NS 1.3 TS ('77) 147 GTA Selespeed "Bianco NUvola"
post #635 of 1677 (permalink) Old 10-16-2010, 07:19 AM

Garage
Leaving NL

Seems like a number of dutch hoarders have been grazing the Euro Giulia meadows and gathered the nice examples to NL.
There is a market for them and good examples fetch interesting money.
No wonder with the amount of dutch afficionados! (single biggest representation at the Centennial proves that again)

I am sorry to see them leave, really..
But if they get good homes, all the better for our children and grandchildren.

Joost
Giulia Ti, 1962; Giulietta Sprint 101 1960, Spider 2000, 1980, Berlina 2000 1972
post #636 of 1677 (permalink) Old 10-16-2010, 02:19 PM
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Yes, you guys have done yeoman's work preserving and enjoying so many Giulia's (TI's and Supers) for a long while now. We truly appreciate it. Hats off for your honorable service indeed!! With over 500,000 made and only a handful having been imported to the US in 1966-67, and another handful since, we are trying to fill a serious gap in doing our share now. We probably still have under 500 here, definitely under 1000. In truth with the solid Euro, many good US cars (GTV's, GTV6's, roundtails notably) have been going that way now, so it's only fair that a few come back here to good homes - especially a few of these sweet little cars that we've been deprived of. Thanks again!

Now
)(
)(
- Gina Lolo Bianca - '65 early Series 1 Super, white/lt.blue-gray, stock 1600/4.56

Gone-
- El Blanco - '75 Super, ex-Nuova to earlier Super style, 2L/4.30LSD, white/gray-black -
-

- Colonel Mustard - '67 Giulia Sprint GTV, Giallo Ocra/black, very stock, 1600 (
) -

Links

post #637 of 1677 (permalink) Old 10-16-2010, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuliettalover View Post
Seems like a number of dutch hoarders have been grazing the Euro Giulia meadows and gathered the nice examples to NL.
There is a market for them and good examples fetch interesting money.
No wonder with the amount of dutch afficionados! (single biggest representation at the Centennial proves that again)

I am sorry to see them leave, really..
But if they get good homes, all the better for our children and grandchildren.
Oh, ho! Now I get it, Joost. You're doing it to us again, aren't you? First it was all those tulip bulbs you sold us. We all thought they were scarce when, in fact, you had an indless supply! Now you're doing it with TI's and Supers.
I'll bet there are thousands---thousands and thousands!!---of Giulias tucked away by horders just waiting for some naive American come along. But your game won't work this time because I've already bought mine!

Crafty Dutch.

Jim . . . '72 Super 1300, '70, 1750GTV, 2nd series,
'62, Lancia Flaminia Zagato3c, 2nd series
post #638 of 1677 (permalink) Old 10-16-2010, 05:32 PM
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Dang Jim, I was trying to be nice. We may want another someday . . . And we were both hoping that those Super tulips here would now go up, up, up! But whether they do or not, they are fun, fun, fun.

See link. LINK1 LINK2

Now
)(
)(

Gone-
-

) -

Links

Last edited by Anfanuts; 10-18-2010 at 07:27 PM.
post #639 of 1677 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 12:40 AM

Garage
Jim's reaction

Jim, unlike tulip bulbs, we cannot replicate Giulia's.....

But you will not get mine. Too fond of it

Joost
Giulia Ti, 1962; Giulietta Sprint 101 1960, Spider 2000, 1980, Berlina 2000 1972
post #640 of 1677 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 06:08 PM

Dutch people were very clever in the 60's and 70's to like the Alfa's.
The American's rather were driving there big cars and didn't want to buy Alfa's.
As Holland is not a consuming world like the US back than, there are still a lot of Alfa's. But don't forget that the Dutch imported a lot of Alfa's out of Italy in the 80's and 90's on private basis.
But at the end it doesn't matter where the cars are going to. They are still driven by Alfisti. I happen to love the station and and I was the very first to react, bought it and have it restored in Holland. But I happen to live in the USA.

At the end we are all one family, aren't we.

Happy motoring.

No more Alfa's for now, maybe one more in the near future.
post #641 of 1677 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 06:42 PM

Spreading the Joy...

Rob, Thanks to you I now enjoy what has become my favorite automobile, the 1965 Super that you imported and kindly passed on to me... I think that the exchange of cars and your willingness to share your finds, make the Alfa ownership and fellowship very special in the car collecting arena... Thank! Frank
post #642 of 1677 (permalink) Old 11-27-2010, 05:10 AM

This is my Giulia Super "biscione" 1971
Attached Images

post #643 of 1677 (permalink) Old 11-27-2010, 06:49 AM
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Very nice! Interesting to see a "snake". Is the interior original? I looks like a 72+ "unificata" with the interior door/window handles and driveshaft tunnel binacle, and bumpers. If OE, '71 must have been a transition year. More pics please!

Now
)(
)(

Gone-
-

) -

Links

Last edited by Anfanuts; 11-27-2010 at 06:00 PM.
post #644 of 1677 (permalink) Old 11-27-2010, 11:02 AM

Garage
Very nice indeed! Is seat upholstery from elvezio esposito?

Giulia Super "Biscione" 28th February 1969
post #645 of 1677 (permalink) Old 11-27-2010, 06:28 PM

Thank you Anfanuts. The interior is original
Attached Images

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode