Giulia and Berlina Picture Roll-call - Page 102 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 359Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1516 of 1681 (permalink) Old 10-31-2016, 12:10 AM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anfanuts View Post
Is that a column shift? Grey interior? I think I looked at that car many years ago FS if it is. Very pretty color combo; I still think of that car.
Nope, it has a red interior and floor shift.

Tim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1517 of 1681 (permalink) Old 10-31-2016, 07:29 AM

Here is my Berlina 2000

To be build and driven next year!

Alfa Romeo Berlina "wide body"
Attached Images

post #1518 of 1681 (permalink) Old 10-31-2016, 07:39 AM

Niiiice, Cant wait to see it with the wheels on, keep us updated

73' Berlina, 72' TR6, 97' T100, 08' GTI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1519 of 1681 (permalink) Old 10-31-2016, 07:42 AM

Will fit the Autoparco's - 6J versions

Like these
Attached Images

benjoys02 and Anfanuts like this.
post #1520 of 1681 (permalink) Old 11-27-2016, 07:51 PM
KVN

Unfortunately, installing spacers is going the wrong way: the rubbing is most likely coming from the tire hitting the fender. The real wheel space is very tight on Supers and TI's and many wheels that fit GTV's and Spider cause rubbing on the outside fender. The first thing you need to do if tell us what wheels you are using, along with their offsets.

Rubbing at the rear is also caused by worn rear axle bushings which allow lateral movement of the whole axle.

Tire sizes are also critical. Generally speaking any tire larger than a 185 cross section put the tire quite close to the outside fender.

The optimum offset that seem to work best with Supers and TI's are 30mm to 38mm with the advantage being toward the larger offset. Basically the more the outer rim is moved inboard the better.

To get some additional offset it's possible to machine a few mm's off the brake-hub.

My Super has the Classic Alfa 6x15x29.5mm GTA style wheels with 185x65x15 tires and stock suspension. It was also fitted with a overload "Granny" spring which mounted obove the differential and added approximately 1in to the rear ride height. When I removed this spring, lowering the rear about 1 in., I found that I now get occasional rubbing when accelerating around corners. I suspect this is caused by the rear axle's lateral movement. New bushes are in order.[/QUOTE]

I just re-read my messages and realised I might have been unclear about my thoughts regarding adding spacers. I was referring to spring spacers that would prevent the rear height to lower so much; not wheel spacers.
post #1521 of 1681 (permalink) Old 11-27-2016, 07:53 PM
KVN

Quote:
Originally Posted by 180OUT View Post

Unfortunately, installing spacers is going the wrong way: the rubbing is most likely coming from the tire hitting the fender. The real wheel space is very tight on Supers and TI's and many wheels that fit GTV's and Spider cause rubbing on the outside fender. The first thing you need to do if tell us what wheels you are using, along with their offsets.

Rubbing at the rear is also caused by worn rear axle bushings which allow lateral movement of the whole axle.

Tire sizes are also critical. Generally speaking any tire larger than a 185 cross section put the tire quite close to the outside fender.

The optimum offset that seem to work best with Supers and TI's are 30mm to 38mm with the advantage being toward the larger offset. Basically the more the outer rim is moved inboard the better.

To get some additional offset it's possible to machine a few mm's off the brake-hub.

My Super has the Classic Alfa 6x15x29.5mm GTA style wheels with 185x65x15 tires and stock suspension. It was also fitted with a overload "Granny" spring which mounted obove the differential and added approximately 1in to the rear ride height. When I removed this spring, lowering the rear about 1 in., I found that I now get occasional rubbing when accelerating around corners. I suspect this is caused by the rear axle's lateral movement. New bushes are in order.
I just re-read my messages and realised I might have been unclear about my thoughts regarding adding spacers. I was referring to spring spacers that would prevent the rear height to lower so much; not wheel spacers.
post #1522 of 1681 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 07:05 AM
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Anfanuts
Anyone for Piper Yellow? Stock '73 1600. Getting the car ready to use on an upcoming 6 week Euro driving trip. Route suggestions/POI's welcomed!! LINK
Attached Images

Anfanuts; Ph.A., B.S.A., U. of NOTASME
Now
- Spider Veloce, '69 US1750/4.56 LSD (
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)(
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
) - since '75 for that early mid-life crisis!
- Pinyo - '72 Super, 2L/4.30LSD (
)(
) - for that late mid-life crisis!!
- Gina Lolo Bianca - '65 early Series 1 Super, white/lt.blue-gray, stock 1600/4.56

- for the heck of it now!!!
- Dijonaise- '73 Giulia Super 1.6, Giallo Piper/black, very stock (
) - for the 2017 Euro trip -

- "PF Ziggy" - 1991 ES-30 Sprint Zagato #550 - for pure hedonism now -

Gone-
- El Blanco - '75 Super, ex-Nuova to earlier Super style, 2L/4.30LSD, white/gray-black -
-

- Colonel Mustard - '67 Giulia Sprint GTV, Giallo Ocra/black, very stock, 1600 (
) -

- '70 1300 TI, 2L/4.10LSD, white/black - for a short while only . . .
- Benjamin - '76 ex-Nuova to 1600 Super (
) - for the 2011 Euro trip
- '69 1750 Berlina (wish I still had)
Links
Pinyo's 2010, 10 wk, 8000 mi "Super" Euro-Trip Blog -

Benjamin's 2011, 7 week, 3500 mile "Super2" Euro-Trip Blog -

Gina Lolo's 2011 Alfa Convention, 3350 mile Roadtrip blog -

Dijonaise's 2017 6 week, 4400 mile Euro Driving Trip blog -

Dijonaise's 2019, 5 week, 3800 mile Euro Driving Trip blog -

Last edited by Anfanuts; 03-08-2017 at 05:50 PM.
post #1523 of 1681 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 07:14 AM

It's a beauty !!
Anfanuts likes this.

'64 Guilia Spider
'67 GTV
'68 Giulia Super

Conservatives-we work hard, so you don't have to !
post #1524 of 1681 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 08:47 PM

Location: Beacon, NY which is in Dutchess County...the Hudson Valley. I'm about an hour and a half North of NYC.
Nice!
Anfanuts likes this.
post #1525 of 1681 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 06:07 PM

Garage
Two TIs at the dealer

They had 7 in stock.
Attached Images

markivan, Anfanuts, JCDK and 2 others like this.

George
64 TI (the violin), 87 911 Carrera coupe, 89 Peugeot 505 Turbo Wagon sleeper
post #1526 of 1681 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 06:51 PM
WANTED: GTA & GTAm Parts
Platinum Subscriber

Garage
Two TIs at the dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganunez View Post
They had 7 in stock.
George, did you pick one up?

Mark
post #1527 of 1681 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 12:01 PM
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Anfanuts
You know the "new" Giulietta is not a big car, similar to the Dodge Dart. But it dwarfs a Giulia sedan.
Attached Images

JCDK likes this.

Last edited by Anfanuts; 05-12-2017 at 12:32 PM.
post #1528 of 1681 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 08:15 AM

Garage
My 1963 Giulia Ti Super Rep is just about finished, barring some detailing, minor propshaft balancing, handbrake sorting, and running in after fitting a freshly rebuilt 2 litre.
Had it two years but only really started to finish it off in January this year.
Here's a few pics :-
Attached Images

evi likes this.

GTA R
1963 Giulia Ti Super Rep
post #1529 of 1681 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 04:32 PM
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA R View Post
My 1963 Giulia Ti Super Rep is just about finished, barring some detailing, minor propshaft balancing, handbrake sorting, and running in after fitting a freshly rebuilt 2 litre.
Had it two years but only really started to finish it off in January this year.
Here's a few pics :-
Some inside shots would be great...The car is fantastic...GREAT work
post #1530 of 1681 (permalink) Old 06-03-2017, 03:07 AM

Garage
Interior and underbonnet pics in a day or two.

GTA R
1963 Giulia Ti Super Rep

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode