Giulia and Berlina Picture Roll-call - Page 101 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 358Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1501 of 1677 (permalink) Old 08-26-2016, 08:40 AM
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Anfanuts
I do!! Giulias currently in the stable:
Attached Images

Anfanuts; Ph.A., B.S.A., U. of NOTASME
Now
- Spider Veloce, '69 US1750/4.56 LSD (
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)(
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
) - since '75 for that early mid-life crisis!
- Pinyo - '72 Super, 2L/4.30LSD (
)(
) - for that late mid-life crisis!!
- Gina Lolo Bianca - '65 early Series 1 Super, white/lt.blue-gray, stock 1600/4.56

- for the heck of it now!!!
- Dijonaise- '73 Giulia Super 1.6, Giallo Piper/black, very stock (
) - for the 2017 Euro trip -

- "PF Ziggy" - 1991 ES-30 Sprint Zagato #550 - for pure hedonism now -

Gone-
- El Blanco - '75 Super, ex-Nuova to earlier Super style, 2L/4.30LSD, white/gray-black -
-

- Colonel Mustard - '67 Giulia Sprint GTV, Giallo Ocra/black, very stock, 1600 (
) -

- '70 1300 TI, 2L/4.10LSD, white/black - for a short while only . . .
- Benjamin - '76 ex-Nuova to 1600 Super (
) - for the 2011 Euro trip
- '69 1750 Berlina (wish I still had)
Links
Pinyo's 2010, 10 wk, 8000 mi "Super" Euro-Trip Blog -

Benjamin's 2011, 7 week, 3500 mile "Super2" Euro-Trip Blog -

Gina Lolo's 2011 Alfa Convention, 3350 mile Roadtrip blog -

Dijonaise's 2017 6 week, 4400 mile Euro Driving Trip blog -

Dijonaise's 2019, 5 week, 3800 mile Euro Driving Trip blog -

Last edited by Anfanuts; 08-27-2016 at 08:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1502 of 1677 (permalink) Old 08-26-2016, 11:31 AM

Location: Beacon, NY which is in Dutchess County...the Hudson Valley. I'm about an hour and a half North of NYC.
Nice! 3 gorgeous Supers!
I've got my Spider and my 1300 Ti, plenty to enjoy and play with.
post #1503 of 1677 (permalink) Old 08-29-2016, 11:35 AM

Showing how it's done. Alfaholics just finished GTAr Super:

Fast Road Giulia Super - Upgrade Project

From Alfaholics:

"This has been a really exciting upgrade project, the brief was to take a totally standard Giulia Super and upgrade it mechanically to the highest performance fast road car possible, whilst retaining the car’s totally standard looks from the outside. The work completed is as follows:-

Alfaholics 216BHP Twinspark engine, 45mm Webers, 3-D mapped ignition, Billet GTAm cam cover
Gearbox fully rebuilt with Alfaholics race quality synchros and bearings
Axle rebuilt with long 4.1 axle ratio and Alfaholics fast road LSD unit
Alfaholics GTA-R suspension package with aluminium adjustable dampers
Alfaholics GTA-R brake package with 6-pot Superleggera calipers
Alfaholics aluminium radiator and oil cooler
Alfaholics Magnesium 5.515″ Ti Super wheels with original hubcaps, fitted on Vredestein 185 section classic tyres
Bespoke tailored Wilton wool carpets

The result is astonishing to drive, really fast and exciting, with beautiful feel aided by the very lightweight magnesium wheels and with awesome stopping power from the 6-pot brakes. The long axle ratio makes the car cruise effortlessly on the highway, surprising many a modern performance car with this very ordinary looking “sleeper” performance classic car. You can’t help but smile as you make very fast progress down back roads, sat on squashy standard seats and holding that beautiful standard wood rim Hellebore steering wheel. This is a car that we loved so much that we were rather sad to see leave Alfaholics to head to its new home in South America…!?"

Jim . . . '72 Super 1300, '70, 1750GTV, 2nd series,
'62, Lancia Flaminia Zagato3c, 2nd series
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1504 of 1677 (permalink) Old 09-16-2016, 01:36 PM
Gold Subscriber

Here's my new Giulia project nearing completion. Got these from the painter today..

Gasolina likes this.
post #1505 of 1677 (permalink) Old 09-16-2016, 02:34 PM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
The Alfaholic's Super is truly stunning. What would such a redo cost and how long would it take?

Probably made my 64 Giulia Spider restoration look "affordable"!
maseratiguy likes this.

Oklahoma SNO Alfa Chapter Director
'64/66 Giulia Spider finally back in the garage and painted
'75 Olandase Blu Alfetta Sedan 2.0 & '88 Red Milano Verde; both long gone and dearly missed
post #1506 of 1677 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 02:57 AM

My Giulia and Monty ..
Attached Images

alfa2go likes this.
post #1507 of 1677 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 05:15 AM

Beautiful cars!

What colour is the Giulia?

Cheers.

'74 2000 GTV - Robinia Metallizzato, '73 1.3 Giulia Super - Giallo Prototipo, '68 1750 S1 Berlina - Verde Oliva Metallizzato
post #1508 of 1677 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 09:50 AM

Thanks! I can best describe it as metallic green; I don't think it's original colour to the car. Its the colour when I bought it some three years ago. Just had it recommisioned (engine overhaul, replaced some suspension parts etc) .. But the work continues!

The Monty has never been restored - a RHD. Haven't been started and driven for some 5 years! That's next in the to do list.

Cheers
post #1509 of 1677 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 10:02 AM

Out for a drive to see an old friend

I took my Giulia out last Sunday to see the guy I bought it from and show him the restoration.
Attached Images

mn1750 and maseratiguy like this.

Todd
'59 Sprint '71 GTV
post #1510 of 1677 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 09:12 AM
KVN

Hello all, my first post here I think.

Here is my 73 Super 1300 which I bought in August. Since then I have deleted bumpers and put on race springs in the front. Unfortunately the wheels offset don't allow me to fit the race rears without rubbing. Anyone know if 22mm spacers would cure the rubbing?
Attached Images

post #1511 of 1677 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 03:00 PM

Quote:
. Since then I have deleted bumpers and put on race springs in the front. Unfortunately the wheels offset don't allow me to fit the race rears without rubbing. Anyone know if 22mm spacers would cure the rubbing?
[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, installing spacers is going the wrong way: the rubbing is most likely coming from the tire hitting the fender. The real wheel space is very tight on Supers and TI's and many wheels that fit GTV's and Spider cause rubbing on the outside fender. The first thing you need to do if tell us what wheels you are using, along with their offsets.

Rubbing at the rear is also caused by worn rear axle bushings which allow lateral movement of the whole axle.

Tire sizes are also critical. Generally speaking any tire larger than a 185 cross section put the tire quite close to the outside fender.

The optimum offset that seem to work best with Supers and TI's are 30mm to 38mm with the advantage being toward the larger offset. Basically the more the outer rim is moved inboard the better.

To get some additional offset it's possible to machine a few mm's off the brake-hub.

My Super has the Classic Alfa 6x15x29.5mm GTA style wheels with 185x65x15 tires and stock suspension. It was also fitted with a overload "Granny" spring which mounted obove the differential and added approximately 1in to the rear ride height. When I removed this spring, lowering the rear about 1 in., I found that I now get occasional rubbing when accelerating around corners. I suspect this is caused by the rear axle's lateral movement. New bushes are in order.

Jim . . . '72 Super 1300, '70, 1750GTV, 2nd series,
'62, Lancia Flaminia Zagato3c, 2nd series
post #1512 of 1677 (permalink) Old 10-27-2016, 07:10 AM
KVN

Thank you for the explanation 180.

My wheels are 14inch GTA which I believe have less than 30 offset. Even on stock rear springs tires will have minor rubs with one adult in the back. Two adults in back, I would be doing a proper burnout (tried it).

I was hoping the spacers would be an easy solution. The 14s are like brand new, such waste to switch them out.
post #1513 of 1677 (permalink) Old 10-30-2016, 12:40 PM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
We found a good location yesterday for a picture, it turned out great

Alfa Romeo Giulia 1600 TI by Jon van Dijk, on Flickr
motofoto likes this.

Tim
post #1514 of 1677 (permalink) Old 10-30-2016, 12:58 PM

Garage
Really really good looking TI !!!

Giulia Super "Biscione" 28th February 1969
post #1515 of 1677 (permalink) Old 10-30-2016, 05:53 PM
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Anfanuts
Is that a column shift? Grey interior? I think I looked at that car many years ago FS if it is. Very pretty color combo; I still think of that car.

Anfanuts; Ph.A., B.S.A., U. of NOTASME
Now
- Spider Veloce, '69 US1750/4.56 LSD (
)(
) - since '75 for that early mid-life crisis!
- Pinyo - '72 Super, 2L/4.30LSD (
)(
) - for that late mid-life crisis!!
- Gina Lolo Bianca - '65 early Series 1 Super, white/lt.blue-gray, stock 1600/4.56

- for the heck of it now!!!
- Dijonaise- '73 Giulia Super 1.6, Giallo Piper/black, very stock (
) - for the 2017 Euro trip -

- "PF Ziggy" - 1991 ES-30 Sprint Zagato #550 - for pure hedonism now -

Gone-
- El Blanco - '75 Super, ex-Nuova to earlier Super style, 2L/4.30LSD, white/gray-black -
-

- Colonel Mustard - '67 Giulia Sprint GTV, Giallo Ocra/black, very stock, 1600 (
) -

- '70 1300 TI, 2L/4.10LSD, white/black - for a short while only . . .
- Benjamin - '76 ex-Nuova to 1600 Super (
) - for the 2011 Euro trip
- '69 1750 Berlina (wish I still had)
Links
Pinyo's 2010, 10 wk, 8000 mi "Super" Euro-Trip Blog -

Benjamin's 2011, 7 week, 3500 mile "Super2" Euro-Trip Blog -

Gina Lolo's 2011 Alfa Convention, 3350 mile Roadtrip blog -

Dijonaise's 2017 6 week, 4400 mile Euro Driving Trip blog -

Dijonaise's 2019, 5 week, 3800 mile Euro Driving Trip blog -

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode