Giulia and Berlina Picture Roll-call - Page 10 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 358Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #136 of 1679 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101/105guy View Post
Would like to know which tire you are running. 185/70 ??...
I found one of the last sets of 165 SR14 Vredesteins. Very happy with the feel, though the sidewall asthetics are kinda brash, IMO.

Previously I ran 195/60-14's, which were fine except for rubbing if I had adults in the back seat and was cornering with vigor.

It'd be interesting to see your 1600S with those "unobtanium" Cromodora's which are currently on your Super

1966 Giulia Super (current)
1966 Giulia Super (R.I.P.)
1967 GTV (R.I.P.)
1955 1900CSS (R.I.P.)

Last edited by Il Vecchio; 10-04-2008 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Correcting a typo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #137 of 1679 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008, 03:05 PM

Here a some picures of my '69 Giulia Super. When bought in '02, the car was a faded burgandy colour with a lot of rust, but complete and straight. It needed new cills, (inner/outer, 4 new doors off a '67 Super, repairs to the floors, A B and C piller base, bottom of rear guards, rear valance panel, spare wheel well etc. The only accident damage found was on the LHS front guard, which had a new half section let in and this then had been hit around the headlight area.

I have had the gearbox rebuilt, seats from a '67 Super were rebuilt and covered in Connolly leather, the dash has been rebuilt, including powder coating the instrument pod and using '67 instruments, new headlining, badges re-chromed, new lights, all new rubbers, am having the door cards and grab handles from a '67 Super re-covered. Still need to get the carpets done. As you may have gathered a bit of '67 theme happenng here. I have a variety of choices for steering wheel including a '67 Nardi wheel, a woodrim Nardi, and a leather bound Momo Prototipo. Will decide later on.

The body preparation and paintwork was both poorly done and never completed by the guy I was using. Paid too much...ouch. Anyway it will need to be re-done and I am thinking of changing the colour again but this time to Navy Blue, possibly with a white roof like the Cabinieri colour they used on their Supers. Will see. I also need to get a new engine as mine was destroyed by a mate I lent it to for use in Targa Tasmania and then the Philip Island historics. He owes me, so I might try and get a 1750 rather than a 1600 for it. I also need to rebuild the suspension and sort out electrics but that is a little down the track. Not sure about wheel and tyre choice yet. Have some ideas but it depends on what I can find/afford.

Cheers Dave
Attached Images

"Sporting blood has run through the veins of every Alfa Romeo produced over the last **100** !!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
years"
post #138 of 1679 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008, 03:44 PM

Dave, looks like your Giulia is a little behind mine in the resto.
How did the skiing over here go? Sorry we couldn`t meet up but I am away on business a fair bit of the year-I would certainly enjoyed meeting a fellow Alfa BBer from overseas.

Richard J

`65 Giulia Ti, `69 GT Junior, `74 GTV 2000, `76 Alfetta GTV, `77 Alfetta GTV, `81 Giulietta , `84 GTV6.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #139 of 1679 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008, 04:01 PM

Hi Richard

Yes the Giulia for a while was on a roll and going really well. Unfortunately with the problems I had with the guy I had employed to do the bodywork and then the engine issue, things slowed. However, I am keen to get going again on it soon and in the meantime have been chasing up missing parts. Yes the idiot I used lost so many of the small items, ebay and mates who also have Giulias have been really helpful. I have also posted some pics of my GTV, 156 and AC Fiat 124 Sport on a couple of other threads.

So sorry I didn't have get chance to call you while we were over in NZ, it was an incredibly hectic trip. It would have been good to have metup and had a chat. We arrived really late on the Friday night and headed off 1st thing to Queenstown. Ditto on the return we arrived late back in Christchurch and left nxt morning. The skiing was excellent thanks. Had two days at Coronet Peak, a day at Cardrona and a day at the Remarkables. Lost one to rain and needed a day out to recover from tired muscles.

I am sure we will be back in NZ before not too long. Love the place and can't stay away, 7 times so far. Honestly, we have been considering moving over there from Tassie, as we really like the countryside and besides, the access to so much snow is really enticing. Cheers Dave

"Sporting blood has run through the veins of every Alfa Romeo produced over the last **100** !!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
years"
post #140 of 1679 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008, 04:31 PM

Dave , if you ever do decide to come over permanently bring those Alfas. Can see how you`d relate to South Island as reasonably similar to Tasmania as I understand it-great relatively unpopulated driver`s roads here too with good variance.

Richard J

`65 Giulia Ti, `69 GT Junior, `74 GTV 2000, `76 Alfetta GTV, `77 Alfetta GTV, `81 Giulietta, `84 GTV6.
post #141 of 1679 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 03:09 PM

Evening all ! just though i'd post a picture or two of one of the last few Berlinas , left across the pond , that the good old English weather hasn't dissolved
Was hoping to get a few more pics this year , but because we didn't qualify for a summer ( i think it got eaten up by the credit crunch ) not as many good pics were taken .
Car is now off the road for winter , doing a few repairs . Will try and get some more pics while its in dock , minor repairs etc.....
Cheers Alan

1973 Berlina 2000 iniezione
Attached Images

post #142 of 1679 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 01:51 AM

Hi Allen

Lovely looking 2L Berlina. Regrettably my poor old Berlina is now RIP. It is always great to see another survivor in good nick. There are so few Berlinas here left, most having gone to the graveyard in the sky. Any more pics of your Berl. Cheers Dave

years"
post #143 of 1679 (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 01:47 PM

A few pictures of my obsession at a recent event...
Attached Images

71 Giulia 1300 Super - 1962 cc, 03 156-Sportwagon 1.9 JTD, 74 KTM Ponny II Super 4 Deluxe
post #144 of 1679 (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 08:20 PM

Hi Bob !
Looks like so much fun !
Is the body as good as your last Super ? That was a sweet one.
Also, can't make out the script on thwe front of the hood.....
Randy

'64 Guilia Spider
'67 GTV
'68 Giulia Super

Conservatives-we work hard, so you don't have to !
post #145 of 1679 (permalink) Old 10-14-2008, 01:22 PM

Hi Randy

The body on this super is actually a little better than the last one. It has been patched (very well) on the tips of the rear quarter panels, all else is the original metal work. The trunk lid and the hood have very minor rust issues and the left rear door has a ding that will need to be taken care of. It was repainted about ten years ago and I have seen better paint jobs but a lot worse too. All in all, both supers are about the same, some things being nicer on this car and others nicer on my former super. This one is a little quicker though... and I plan on making it even quicker over the winter. The script on the hood is a "GIULIA 1300 SUPER" decal that I made up, a copy of the rear script.

cheers
Bob

71 Giulia 1300 Super - 1962 cc, 03 156-Sportwagon 1.9 JTD, 74 KTM Ponny II Super 4 Deluxe
post #146 of 1679 (permalink) Old 10-14-2008, 02:11 PM

Nice, very nice...

Bob,
I was very impressed with your previous Super! Nice to know that this one is as good or better. Hope that I can get my '68 to run as quick as yours !!
Funny how different things are in the US. So hard to find a really good one.
Usually they come for sale looking like this.....
Attached Images

'64 Guilia Spider
'67 GTV
'68 Giulia Super

Conservatives-we work hard, so you don't have to !
post #147 of 1679 (permalink) Old 10-14-2008, 06:50 PM

You reckon that one looks bad, you should have seen the one I bought. It looked good from about 1/2km away but up close, yeeoch. If I can ever figure out how to scan photos I will try to post some pics of the restoration so far. The rust, more rust and then some was not nice. No outer cills, inners eaten away, all four doors rusted out, damage to the floors, rear guards, spare wheel well etc but at least it was complete, straight and notionally going, not that I have ever driven it, and that was 6 years ago.

At least the rust has been replaced by new metal, "new" replacement doors, and a rebuilt interior in leather, rebuilt gearbox and many new replacement/parts obtained to fix it. Still need to re-do the paintwork as the guy I used to strip/restore her was useless in that department. So amature. See photos above in post 137. An engine rebuild and suspension etc.

Many more $$$ to be invested but hopefully one day.

years"
post #148 of 1679 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 10:12 AM

Randy,

there are plenty of Giulias in that kind of condition for sale here too and often the asking price is not much less than the price for a decent to good Giulia. I looked at 4 or 5 others before buying this one and they were mostly junk in comparison and all in the same general price range. I suppose that just having that kind of selection is something that could make a North American Giulia junkie jealous.
regards
Bob

post #149 of 1679 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 05:50 PM

"What I did last summer"

Here in South Florida, I like to work on my cars in the summer time (rainy and hurricane season) and drive them in the winter (perfect weather). Here are some pics of my almost finished 73 Berlina. I have dedicated a web page to her at 1973 Alfa Romeo Berlina with more info and a bunch more pictures.
Attached Images

post #150 of 1679 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 08:28 PM

Two nice Giulia sedans

Seen at Best of France & Italy this year:
Attached Images

1966 Giulia Super (current)
1966 Giulia Super (R.I.P.)
1967 GTV (R.I.P.)
1955 1900CSS (R.I.P.)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode