1965 Ti Car Cover - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
Platinum Subscriber

1965 Ti Car Cover

Can anyone advise where I can buy an outdoor (waterproof) car cover for a 1965 Giulia Ti? A Super's would work too, I'm sure.

Thanks.

Patrick Hung
'59 Sprint Veloce * '63 Giulia Spider * '67 GT 1300 Junior

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 09:58 AM Thread Starter
Platinum Subscriber

I found some here, but don't know what the fit will be like:

1965 Giulia Sedan Alfa Romeo Car Covers at Car-Covers.com

Patrick Hung

post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 10:42 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
Back in the day, I had a perfectly fitting car cover for my Alfetta from Beverly Hills Motoring Accessories. It was cut to fit the car, not a one size fits all.

I see from this thread that they are closed. But, there is a website. According to the referenced post, one of the previous owners opened a new place. I'd call and see if they have the patterns for your car.

Best of luck.

Brian __________________________________

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 11:16 AM

I've got a fully fitted cover for a Giulia saloon made by Covercraft using Noah material, new in the box - but it's on the wrong side of the Atlantic.

[FONT="Georgia"][/FONT]
to all parts I have advertised on the BB so far. Plenty more! Just ask.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
Platinum Subscriber

Alex, I have a few Noahs for my other Alfas, but wasn't able to find one for a '65 Ti. I just went to Covercraft's website, and they do have a Noah listed for a 1969 Berlina, part # C651NH, is this what you have? If not, I'm worried that they're referring to the 1750/2000 Berlinas, which will cover the car, but not as nicely as I'd like.

Thanks for you lead, Brian, I may have to go that way if I can't find a ready-made cover from the online websites.

Patrick Hung

post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 03:05 PM

Hi Pat, I have had good and bad experiences over the years with car covers, especially if your car lives outside. Mind you I was kind of puzzled re your comment regarding that a cover for a Super should be ok for a TI. To me that makes no sense, they are exactly the same shell dimensions.

Anyway back to the issue, if you going to get a car cover, I would aim to buy the best example you can get, bearing in mind that UV rays will eventually wreck even the best cover. A couple of things that worry me re covers is that moisture can get trapped under them, ditto dust. Both can be damaging to the car's paintwork. Believe me I know as I have suffered from both these issues in the past.

The problem with moisture being trapped is that this can lead to micro-blistering happening to your paintwork, and that is a real problem.

So I guess if you need to store your car outside under a cover the best advice I can suggest is that you frequently take it off, and also try to keep the car's paintwork clean to minimise scratching/abrassion due to dust and wind blowing the cover around.

"Sporting blood has run through the veins of every Alfa Romeo produced over the last **100** !!
years"
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 03:09 PM

Pat,

I'll take a look. I bought this cover by mistake some years ago, then could not get the UK agent to give me a refund when I realised it did not fit my car .... so I guess it's been out of the box just once. I'll take a look to see if there are any code labels on it, as I have never checked before. More in the coming days.

Alex.

[FONT="Georgia"][/FONT]
to all parts I have advertised on the BB so far. Plenty more! Just ask.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 05:12 PM
Gold Subscriber

California Car covers list one for a Berlina, which is slightly larger than a Ti.

However, when I ordered a cover for my Spider 6 years ago they mentioned that they had patterns for any number of cars.

Might be worth a call.

Bob,
Avatar is the 68 Super, bought new.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 09:42 PM

Ti Cover

I faced the same situation when I recently acquired a Ti. Indeed, a phone call was all it took. They had the pattern for a Ti or Super, even though the web-site only listed Berlinas.

Wayne
'65 1600 Ti, '58 Sprint Veloce - interim
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 10:42 PM Thread Starter
Platinum Subscriber

At Bob's suggestion I'd sent them an e-mail, awaiting reply. Thanks Wayne, I'll just give them a call on Monday.

I had my Ti up at Glenn Oliveria's this and most of last week; people really liked these goofy sedans, despite the sad shape that my car is in.

Patrick Hung

post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 05:32 AM

Pat, if rust is your concern, a TI left outside under any type of car cover is going to continue to rust. A waterproof cover will trap moisture under the cover and speed up rusting. A breathable cover will at least let things dry out when the sun comes out. And, yes, dust will find its way through the breathable cover.

My reason for covering a car is to keep the sun off the paint, dash and interior. When a quality covers starts deteriorating from UV rays after 5-6 years, it becomes clear how much my interior might have deteriorated without the cover.

Jim
2018 Giulia TI Q4
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 07:32 AM
Gold Subscriber

Talking

When I ordered the cover for my Sprint I learned that for a few dollars more they will embroider "Alfa Romeo"on the front. In Red.

And for a mere five dollars they will leave off the "California Car Covers" logo.

Bob,
Avatar is the 68 Super, bought new.
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 08:57 AM

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Alfiat
California Car covers has it. I got one a few years back for my super. They don't list it on the site but they do have the pattern and it fits perfectly well.

Fred - Now: 1966 Giulia Super -1973 1600Z Zagato -1973 Giulia Super-1983 AlfaSud 1.5 - 1968 Fiat Dino Spider, 2012 Abarth. Then: 1971 Fiat 500L-1974 Fiat 500 Abarth replica-1972 GTV
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 09:06 AM Thread Starter
Platinum Subscriber

Thanks for all of your comments, guys! I didn't realize that so many of my friends own salons; welcoming myself to the fold....

Patrick Hung

post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 09:17 AM

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Alfiat
No problem Patrick. See you next summer in Sonoma? I'll be driving my Super x-country again.

Fred - Now: 1966 Giulia Super -1973 1600Z Zagato -1973 Giulia Super-1983 AlfaSud 1.5 - 1968 Fiat Dino Spider, 2012 Abarth. Then: 1971 Fiat 500L-1974 Fiat 500 Abarth replica-1972 GTV

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode