Wanted Alive: A Giulia - Page 109 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 99Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1621 of 1784 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadrifolio View Post
this is why i love internet, this car , sold new in germany, was purchased 15 years ago by a cardealer
in Benidorm (Alicante, Spain) and never registrated,
Then sold to a dealer in Valencia who registrated the car.
We did a lot of repairs on the car last year but it's still a pig with lipstick.
So, family car since new ?
He may mean "family" of Alfisti that we are all a part of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadrifolio View Post
here 3 pics from 3-28-2018 the car being in my garage in Alicante, Spain, same number plate, I redid the engine completly, so engine is very strong plus that has my name stampped on it with the letters "JR"
Good to know, and maybe still a car worth having for someone? The next thing to do now is to adjust the price!
shakingthrough likes this.

Jonathan-
'73 GT Junior1600-gone now.
'69 Giulia 1300ti 2 liter-the honeymoon is ON.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1622 of 1784 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 11:05 AM
Gold Subscriber

I am tempted to contact the seller through eBay to call him out, but I won't. It just irritates me that people can get away with such blatant lies.
Bill

Bill Maloney

1969 Giulia Super Biscione
2017 Giulia TI AWD
1965 Fiat 1500 Cabriolet
post #1623 of 1784 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakingthrough View Post
I am tempted to contact the seller through eBay to call him out, but I won't. It just irritates me that people can get away with such blatant lies.
Bill
Spoke with owner. Initially he said the car in the pictures was not his car. Then the story changed. He did say the car has been repainted. Could not verify the mileage other to say its in the title...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1624 of 1784 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Anfanuts
Sounds pretty sketchy. SOmeone's gonna get screwed.
post #1625 of 1784 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anfanuts View Post
Sounds pretty sketchy. SOmeone's gonna get screwed.
It's just a used car deal; no one gets screwed. IF one were interested (I am not), they should go look over the car carefully and then make an offer based on what they see, if they're still interested.
Think of this Ebay listing as a classified ad, nothing more. An online auction with no curator or guarantor is NOT going to be without problems for a buyer who goes in unprepared. I'll go ahead and say the same thing about BAT, and I speak from experience. Live auctions often don't give any potential buyers a chance to do their due diligence either. In a way, the seller's crazy high "Buy it Now" price is a good thing. It almost guarantees the car will still be with him when the "auction" is over, and if you want it, perhaps you can negotiate with him, man to man. It takes two to make a bad deal: one to offer it up and another to stick to the crappy ground rules (Ebay "auction" in this case) of the seller. The guy with the money should call the shots, not the other way around.

Jonathan-
post #1626 of 1784 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Two true points:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiorentino View Post
Live auctions often don't give any potential buyers a chance to do their due diligence either.
Which is exactly WHY some/many folks an get screwed by their emotions in this situation. Too many examples of this happening. The antidote is a small down payment, a follow-up inspection, and maybe walking away. That adds complexity and risk almost as bad as foreign purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiorentino View Post
In a way, the seller's crazy high "Buy it Now" price is a good thing. It almost guarantees the car will still be with him when the "auction" is over.
This IS the saving grace. It makes it in essence a Classified Ad unless someone is completely star struck.

Jon, you worked in the bunsiness, you are just too jaded and practical about this. Not all are so wise.

Last edited by Anfanuts; 01-23-2019 at 05:25 PM.
post #1627 of 1784 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anfanuts View Post
Jon, you worked i he bunsiess, you are just too jaded and practical about this. Not all are so wise.
My motto was, "I'll take ANY and ALL cars here (at an auction) if the price is LOW enough." Never get out your pencil and figure closely; you're only screwing yourself. Needless to say, I didn't always get what I wanted.
Anfanuts likes this.

Jonathan-
post #1628 of 1784 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Think of this Ebay listing as a classified ad, nothing more. An online auction with no curator or guarantor is NOT going to be without problems for a buyer who goes in unprepared.
Exactly. And scammers do their best to avoid dealing with prepared, knowledgeable buyers. What they search for instead are people who are willing to naively spend 35k on a car they know absolutely nothing about.

I hate to admit it, but when I was importing cars from Y'urp back-in-the-day I did exactly that. Fortunately, I didn't spend anywhere close to that kind of money but I was still completely naive about buying a old Alfa out of Italy. I thought I was a hot-shot who knew everything, but in fact made every dumb mistake a person can make when buying a car from another country. The 2600 Alfa coupe I bought turned out to be a former police car (it still had radio brackets in the trunk), had been under water (Naples flood, possibly), and was so rusty from one end to the other that it was becoming unsafe to drive. Running on only 5 cylinders, I barely made it home. its one redeeming feature was that it had the ultra rare triple Weber 45 option which was alone worth more than I paid for the whole car. I promptly sold it to a starry eyed guy who convinced himself that he could turn that rust-bucket into a viable car. It sat in his back-yard for a long time before disappearing. I considered the $100 loss I took to be a fair price paid for the lesson learned.

Jim . . . '72 Super 1300, '70, 1750GTV, 2nd series,
'62, Lancia Flaminia Zagato3c, 2nd series
post #1629 of 1784 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 07:42 PM Thread Starter
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Anyway, with fake pictures of some other car and a dodgy seller and title and such, this smells funny. As in scam. That's what I meant by getting screwed, car condition aside and that's a whole separate matter.
post #1630 of 1784 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 09:49 AM

Seller of the green 71 super is back at it again. Now selling a 1976 Lancia Fulvia 1.3 S on eBay with another supposed 11k miles " on title".

Another import with a recent respray. Shady at best
Anfanuts likes this.
post #1631 of 1784 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 02:28 PM

Car has been SOLD! Thanks to the BB!

Just put my bomber Super up for sale on CL. The initial thread about it is here, so you can see what its been through: https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/sed...ml#post8368186

My CL ad is here: https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/cto/6806110243.html

for the car plus a TON of stuff. Engines, trans, doors, glass, hood, trunklid,.....
Attached Images

Alfaboutvegas likes this.

Chase - 1995 164LS, 1967 Giulia Super (Previously owned:63 Giulia Spider, 1988 Verde, 87 Graduate, 2 - 91 164L's, 92 164S, 71 GTV, 1995 LS(parts car))

Last edited by ChiapC; 03-07-2019 at 05:56 AM. Reason: Sold
post #1632 of 1784 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 06:10 AM
Platinum Subscriber

RHD project Super in Australia on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1966-Alfa-R...9:pf:0&vxp=mtr
Andrew
post #1633 of 1784 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 03:30 PM
Gold Subscriber

I know Andrew has seen this listing already, but there is a nice looking 1972 Giulia 1300 Super with a 2.0L that just went on Bring a Trailer today: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...iulia-super-2/

Bill

Bill Maloney

2017 Giulia TI AWD
1965 Fiat 1500 Cabriolet
post #1634 of 1784 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 08:16 AM
Gold Subscriber

I am not sure if this is the correct thread to be posting this car that I just noticed on eBay, but I do think it is cool: https://www.ebay.com/itm/223392434633?ul_noapp=true

Bill Maloney

2017 Giulia TI AWD
1965 Fiat 1500 Cabriolet
post #1635 of 1784 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 08:18 AM
Platinum Subscriber

This thread/forum is for sedans. That is cool though.
Andrew

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode