My 67 Super Project - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-20-2018, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

Some Updates on the Super

Time moves on and slowly we do a little work here and there. I coach a comp soccer team for my 12 year old which consumes an amazing amount of time. But here is the latest!

Heater box was previously a home for elderly mice. Needed a new core, motor, control valve, hoses and a complete disinfect/rebuild. Found nice matching screen material from home depot (gutter screening) Classic Alfa supplied the Alfa bits
Attached Images

74 GTV (red) (rusty) (fun)
67 Super (white) (also rusty)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-20-2018, 07:28 PM Thread Starter

Pedal Cluster Ready

Almost all the clevis's and pins where oval'ed. Some welded and re-drilled and found some matching bits in my porsche parts collections. The pedals would not even move. It all polished up nicely. Ordered a brake master rebuild kit for the ATE but does not match. Apparently I have the one that they dont make a kit for anymore so will have to get a replacement unit.
Attached Images

post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-20-2018, 07:38 PM Thread Starter

Back Seat Re-upholstered

Got a rear seat only kit from Re-Originals. A local upholstery guy quoted me like $1400 just to do the rear seat!!! Got to love California prices.

Was quite a battle and the Arm rest makes it a little tricky but also happy with this result. Had to do a little welding and clean-up on the wire seat frame. The lower Pirelli brand seat foam was in good shape. The Horse-hair back rest was rough. Had to cut some off the top and make a foam top and use lots of passing. Replaced the rotten material between seat and frame with a nice canvas.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-20-2018, 07:48 PM Thread Starter

Motor Update

Got the block and head back from Del's Machine in Sacramento who are a great resource and I always have good results with this business. I gave the head the mild port and polish via the Greek fellows book. Most of my rebuild stuff comes from Spruell's who where good to work with on the old school way of making calls and actually talking to someone.

I have the crank in. Just had it polished and checked clearances. All looks good. For a filthy abused and neglected car some parts are in very good shape after you clean the years of crud off them.

I had to spend a lot of time cleaning corrosion out of the inside of this block. The head needed welding where corrosion has eaten away at the surface. This little car was not well cared for.
Attached Images

post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-20-2018, 07:56 PM Thread Starter

Tires and Wheels

Well not really needed yet but could not resist putting some nice new Michelin vintage tires on my Minilite wheels I set aside for this car. I put a coat of paint on the wheels and changes out the front left hand thread studs with some off a parts car I have. The rear axle will be replace with a later LSD unit that will give me normal threads to accommodate the special shank-nuts the Minilites require. The offset seems just right for the Super.
Attached Images

Capp and cuorealfa like this.

post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-21-2018, 09:10 AM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerx9146 View Post
Well not really needed yet but could not resist putting some nice new Michelin vintage tires on my Minilite wheels I set aside for this car.
Pirelli's , they look very nice!

Doing a proper job!

Tim
post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 07:37 PM Thread Starter

Engine Progress and Rear Seal question?

I made some progress with the engine. Feels great to see parts combine and leave my workbench.

Does my rear seal look like its not in far enough? I have a Corteco seal in a older gasket set I have and may swap it out. I put the slinger in behind the seal.

Engine kit is from Paul Spruell.

regards Daron
Attached Images

LaurandSteve likes this.

post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 06:35 AM
Platinum Subscriber

Excellent work!

Can you post the contact info for your upholstery shop?

Mike
1969 GTV 1750
1966 Super
San Diego, CA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 07:14 AM Thread Starter

The kit for the rear seat came from re-originals here in the US. The local upholstery shops are crazy $$ here in northern california although even with a kit recovering seats is a lot of work and your hands will know after you finish!

Daron

post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 07:22 AM
Platinum Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerx9146 View Post
The kit for the rear seat came from re-originals here in the US. The local upholstery shops are crazy $$ here in northern california although even with a kit recovering seats is a lot of work and your hands will know after you finish!

Daron
Yeah, just about everything is crazy in California. I'm more interested in the dash repair they did for you. Can you share their information?

Mike
1969 GTV 1750
1966 Super
San Diego, CA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 11:56 AM

I just got a price of $1750 for both front seats, rear seat, back rest and 4 door cards for my 1973 Berlina. Is that a good price?

Red 1991 164S, Black 1991 164S, Red 1987 Milano, 1972 Berlina, 1973 Berlina rebuilding SPICA engine

Last edited by Richard2; 04-16-2019 at 01:27 PM.
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 03:37 PM

I bought a full set of seat covers from the UK.
A local upholsterer fitted them for $250. Total cost less the AUD1,000.
So it was considerably cheaper than your quote, but no door cards required, which may be the difference.
I also think I just got the basic service...I think missed out on any less-than-perfect foam getting any attention.
I'd ask a few questions about what you will get for the money. But if you like what you hear, the price is probably ok.

Tags
67, project, super, welding

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode