Aussie '66 Giulia Super Resto - Page 11 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 54Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #151 of 613 (permalink) Old 04-21-2011, 03:17 AM

this strap goes on the rear very left boot's base. Must find 2 small hinges where it goes. This strap was only for 105 giulia/berlina. I guess, it was for the emergency triangle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 613 (permalink) Old 04-21-2011, 03:21 AM

Hey, the shown above link for where to hung the strap is not correct at all! This is obviously a DIY since someone couldn't locate the hinges. The correct is left to fuel tank on the flat base near the left rear wing.
post #153 of 613 (permalink) Old 04-21-2011, 10:33 PM
Australian Member
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Hi Derek. Re the strap you found. It is to hold the tool kit in the TIs, Supers and some Berlinas. Mounts to small bracket located on LHS of boot just behind the fuel filler neck on the frame rail. Most have been broken off entirely (ie. the spot-weld snapped and there is no evidence of the bracket) or as in the case of Rosso 722656, the outer section is snapped off. Here are a couple of photos. My Biancospino Super has it intact and my new AR 105 26 49 200 body has it of course. Last photo shows a strap is still attached to the clip in a parts car, but outer section broken off. If you want to sell the strap I am in the market. GBC
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #154 of 613 (permalink) Old 04-22-2011, 04:29 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaroad View Post
this strap goes on the rear very left boot's base. Must find 2 small hinges where it goes. This strap was only for 105 giulia/berlina. I guess, it was for the emergency triangle.
Hi Kostas, let me guess you probably have a few of these in your NOS stash as well!

Thanks Gavin, very cool reference photos. You certainly know these cars well. I will keep this strap as its nice to reunite my car with bits its should have had in the day. Now that I have got the right toolkit it'll be nice to put it in the right spot. Although I am tempted to put this other one I have in the boot just cos I like it!
Attached Images

66' Giulia Super, '67 GT Veloce, '72 Montreal

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
www.montreal.alfa-male.com

Last edited by alfa2go; 04-22-2011 at 04:31 AM.
post #155 of 613 (permalink) Old 04-24-2011, 03:20 AM
Platinum Subscriber

Send a message via Skype™ to aikendrum105
Here's another good shot from a 1300 TI cjheath has for sale on the vic forums.. For Sale: Giulia 1300 TI

[B][COLOR=#696969]Scott Murray[/COLOR][/B]
[SIZE=1][COLOR=#808080]'04 156 JTS Sportwagon -- brilliant car for the daily, kids taxi and parts hauling[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][COLOR=#696969]in officina [/COLOR][COLOR=Blue]-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][COLOR=#808080]'66 Giulia Super 105.28.720988 -- TwinSpark+MS3+ITB+COP[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][COLOR=#808080]'65 Giulia Sprint GT 105.04.753710
[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][COLOR=#696969]che figata -[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][COLOR=#808080]

[/COLOR][/SIZE]
post #156 of 613 (permalink) Old 04-24-2011, 11:39 AM

Hi Derek, I'm still off for easter holidays. Must have one or 2 of these rubbers...I will check when I'm back, send me a reminder after 10days
post #157 of 613 (permalink) Old 04-24-2011, 05:13 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfa2go View Post
Yeah, I haven't seen one in use either. I guess I should check to see where it could attach to.

Thanks for adding your car to my website too, it is my favourite coloured Super! When I was thinking about changing the colour of mine it would have been something like yours.
Derek,

When it is convenient, could i trouble you for a measurement of the length of the strap from the far ends of both buckles?

Cheers,
-Peter

1966 Giulia Super (current)
1966 Giulia Super (R.I.P.)
1967 GTV (R.I.P.)
1955 1900CSS (R.I.P.)
post #158 of 613 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Hey Ben, sent you an email. A cars-and-coffee event at TARGA in Byron Bay?! Does it get any better?!! I cant wait to go to that. I would definitely spread the word up here. For those that don't know, Italiansedanman has two fantastic food joints in Byron - St Elmo which is a fantastic, happening bar/cafe/dining restaurant and Targa, his latest venture which serves great italian food, wine, coffee etc. Go visit in your Alfa and I'm sure you'd get a good reception!
In Byron this weekend, had a most excellent breakfast at Targa, going to try to do dinner at St Elmo's one night too...
It's a nice break halfway through doing a set of 105 sills!

1966 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - pretty much finished!
Bunch of bikes too.
post #159 of 613 (permalink) Old 04-30-2011, 02:09 AM Thread Starter

Peter, I'll measure once I'm back at work.

Ben you lucky bugger. I hope to do the same soon when we are down at Lennox for a week soon

post #160 of 613 (permalink) Old 05-03-2011, 11:58 PM Thread Starter

Peter here are the strap dimensions in mm.
Attached Images

post #161 of 613 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 06:34 AM

Smile

Quote:
Peter here are the strap dimensions in mm.
Excellent! Many thanks, Derek.

My car is missing both the tool holder and the strap. I'm going to fabricate a DIY replacement while I look for the pukka items.

Cheers,
Peter

1966 Giulia Super (current)
1966 Giulia Super (R.I.P.)
1967 GTV (R.I.P.)
1955 1900CSS (R.I.P.)
post #162 of 613 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 03:05 AM

Hi Derek,
My Super had that strap too and the tool kit was encircled with it. Thought it was made like that.

Waiting to see more pics.

tsu105 Giulia Super 1.6 1972 Dark Blue,GTV 2000 1973 Grigio Chiaro ,Giulia Super Biscione 1972(restoration) GTV 916 2.0 T.Spark 2002 Grigio Chiaro Red Style.
post #163 of 613 (permalink) Old 05-16-2011, 06:42 AM Thread Starter

Soo, I will get some new pics hopefully this week. Been a bit distracted with other things for the last couple of weeks but have just resumed my snail pace resto.

I had to order a few more panels last week too - dog leg patches in front of the rear wheels and bottoms of front guards behind the wheels. Typical, as you need to cut of these parts to fit the sills that they had been rusting from the inside out due to the factory not painting them very well or at all for that matter. Anyway, I have peace of mind now that this lot of metal should last a bit better.

Panel shop are wanting to hang the doors soon to confirm gaps for the sills so they need the hinges that I had removed, darned if I can find them all! I might be sending out an SOS for one or two soon...

Also, is there an easy way to remove the hinge pins? two of mine are stuck and yes I have removed the cotter pins. I've tried belting them with a punch and hammer but no budgie. Maybe I need to get a butane torch and put a bit of heat on the hinge attached to door part?

Bruce(Alfanuts) if you read this, when you get back from galavanting all over Europe you should start a Giulia Super Decal thread since you did so well with a Spider one a while back! or anyone else for that matter. I really would like to dress the car up with the right stickers. I only have the airbox, lube, and paint sticker. Need to find the made in Italy for the A pillar and the one that goes under the Lube sticker. Couldnt see any others on my car but I am sure there were more.

Last edited by alfa2go; 05-16-2011 at 06:54 AM.
post #164 of 613 (permalink) Old 05-16-2011, 04:28 PM

Hi Derek, Indeed there are a lot more stickers than you mention. I managed to buy a full set (came complete) off someone over in the US off Ebay a while ago. I think I paid around $40-45 USD plus postage.

Re hinges, see how you go, it is possible I might have a spare one or two, but I too would need to check.

"Sporting blood has run through the veins of every Alfa Romeo produced over the last **100** !!
years"
post #165 of 613 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 06:45 AM

Alfafarm

Hi Folks Gavin tells me this is where he spends his time. That strap i would have a heap of them somewhere.Can anyone put up a pic showing the bottom sides of the front seats .My 67 super has the big seats that almost touch and the po had the faces redone but the round winders have something missing, also the plastic cover trim .This 105 has moved up to 7th in line to be restored so i am researching .John Tweed Heads gold coast

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode