Scuderia Houston , exists?? - Page 3 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-19-2014, 01:09 PM Thread Starter

I used to be nick named "rocket arm", and still only draw by hand , being a 'fossil' , having done this 45 yrs plus...time to retire...I still will draw faster than guys on computer , but they DO 'erase' faster!

1974 Spider (Dellorto carburated)
recent previously: 58 Giulietta, 69 Firebird 400 convertible, 71 TR6, 68 GT6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014, 11:26 AM

It's good to see a little action from the Houston guys! Any interest in a little informal get together one evening?
post #33 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014, 12:14 PM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephvman View Post
It's good to see a little action from the Houston guys! Any interest in a little informal get together one evening?
I'm game. Though, with Houston being so widespread, it would depend on time and location. Ideas?

Brad
'69 Series 1 GTV (105.51)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'78 Alfetta GT (Sprint Veloce)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014, 12:37 PM

Central makes sense! How about along the central corridor anywhere between midtown and west Houston, maybe along Westheimer or 59.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadeTree View Post
I'm game. Though, with Houston being so widespread, it would depend on time and location. Ideas?
post #35 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

depends where you guys are...I think Jospeh is fairly close to me...Im` on west side...Gessner/Memorial.
and friday evenings a few guys get together at Enclave/Eldridge , usually just 5-20 cars..6.30 on....I go there sometimes...
but right now , my car is at the mechanics, took it in 2 hrs ago, for a few things..not sure when I get it back, but he promised it to me before next friday morning as my group is going on its yearly Corpus cruise Friday afternoon, back sunday...so unless I get it back early next week, I have no Alfa here in town until the 5th of May.

Im game otherwise...find a good location , hopefully close to some good beer! and we`ll just do it!

my email, for better communication is
[email protected]

post #36 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephvman View Post
Central makes sense! How about along the central corridor anywhere between midtown and west Houston, maybe along Westheimer or 59.
3rd wed every month you have "frog night" at Richmond arms pub on Richmond/Fountainview , if that would suit? but why wait for third wed.?

post #37 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-06-2014, 02:30 PM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
It's official - dinner at Clay's at 6:30 pm on Monday, May 12. Any Houston area Alfisti are invited.

Brad
'69 Series 1 GTV (105.51)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'78 Alfetta GT (Sprint Veloce)
post #38 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-06-2014, 07:54 PM

Sorry guys, I can't make it I'm leaving for Italy (Sicily actually) this Sunday for vacation. I'll be back in a couple of weeks, and maybe I can make the next get together.

Maybe when I get back we can get together at Dolce Vita on Westheimer in Montrose. I think it's an appropriate place for the Alfisti to gather! I was there a couple of Sundays ago after the Dynamo game, and the valet parked the Spider next to the door. When we left he told us that lots of people we standing in front of it and having their pictures taken!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadeTree View Post
It's official - dinner at Clay's at 6:30 pm on Monday, May 12. Any Houston area Alfisti are invited.
post #39 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-07-2014, 05:42 AM Thread Starter

ok, too bad (for us, great for you , Sicily!).....got to look up Dolce Vita....but you let the valet park it? Ususlly when we in our Firbird group go out , the valet just gives us good spots ,lets us park ourselves....but once I took my daughter to dinner at a nice place , let him park the Firebird....as we walked out of the front door after dinner I could hear the car start in the back...he knew exactly who owned that car, was grinning when he pulled up too....
have a great trip!
I`ve got to get back to Italy soon too...was in Milan 2 summers ago

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode