Classic Alfa -- Now worst web site ever!!! - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 08:43 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Classic Alfa -- Now worst web site ever!!!

I don't know if any of you have seen the new Classic Alfa web site. I think it's the worst web site ever -- unusable in Chrome and Firefox on desktop and Android!!! Good on them for making it hard to place an order.

The bottom of the says "Website designed by BA Creative" -- the crappy Classic Alfa web site makes it clear that this is a design company to stay away from.

-Ruedi
[SIZE="1"]'63 2600 Touring Spider (AR 191437, the car that started the 2000/2600 International Register, reassembly in progress)
ex-'65 2600 SZ (AR 856043, the car in my avatar, sold as resto project to Austria)
Maintainer of a private 2600 SZ register (not the one in the Netherlands).[/SIZE]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 09:05 AM
BB Janitor
Platinum SubscriberAdministratorSuper Moderator

Garage
Seems to work OK for me using Chrome.

- - Eric
don't read this
~ 1984 Spider Veloce ~
- -~ 1981 GTV-6 ~
Mebane, North Carolina

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 09:12 AM

Garage
No issues on my end, smooth transactions time and time again.

Cars ruined my life! 😱
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 09:17 AM
Platinum SubscriberModerator

Ditto for me:

- CA website works fine with Chrome for me.

- Their search and filter functions are great; on the old site you had to page through everything under broad categories like "interior" to find what you wanted.

- CA continues to deliver great prices and service.

Jay Mackro
San Juan Capistrano, CA

'65 Guilia Sprint GT
'67 Duetto
'91 164L
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 09:29 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
I just had a look at it. I think the website is unimaginative and boring. If you go to BA Creative's website, it's equally unimaginative and boring.

Brian __________________________________

post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 09:38 AM Thread Starter

Garage
FWIW, this is what their home page looks like on 3 different computers (Chrome in Linux with 4k screen, Chrome on Win10 with HD screen, Chrome on Android with vertical HD screen). The problem certainly is not at my end:

Name:  Screenshot from 2019-08-26 09-35-40 (resized).jpg
Views: 117
Size:  31.7 KB

Name:  Screenshot 2019-08-26 09.43.41.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  32.3 KB

Name:  2019-08-26 09.42.52.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  46.2 KB

-Ruedi
[SIZE="1"]'63 2600 Touring Spider (AR 191437, the car that started the 2000/2600 International Register, reassembly in progress)
ex-'65 2600 SZ (AR 856043, the car in my avatar, sold as resto project to Austria)
Maintainer of a private 2600 SZ register (not the one in the Netherlands).[/SIZE]

Last edited by tubut; 08-26-2019 at 09:50 AM.
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 09:39 AM
Gold Subscriber

Odd, not what it looks like on mine.

Everyday is a school day. Learning something new all the time

View my '74 GTV restoration at:

View my '91 164s adventure at:

But wait there's more: View my 164LS thread, now parts car status:

You're kidding, another one?! 1984 GTV6 Maratona

You didn't...oh yes I did. '73 Berlina graduate course in rust repair. No thread yet, don't want to piss off the GTV

You didn't...oh yes I did II. 1995 164LS 5 speed, awesome when it runs!!!

Musings on shop related items:
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 09:41 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubut View Post
FWIW, this is what their home page looks like on 3 different computers. The problem certainly is not at my end:

Attachment 1584834
I'm sure you've done this, but I'm gonna ask. Did you clear the cache?

Brian __________________________________

post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 09:51 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I get this on 3 different computers (Linux, Win10, Android), in Chrome and Firefox, with and without ad blocker enabled/disabled!

-Ruedi
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 09:54 AM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfajay View Post
Ditto for me:

- CA website works fine with Chrome for me.

- Their search and filter functions are great; on the old site you had to page through everything under broad categories like "interior" to find what you wanted.

- CA continues to deliver great prices and service.
I too have not had a problem using Chrome and one thing I do like is the ability to create Wish lists to build up an order and help save on shipping costs. I am trying to get them to straighten out a recent order where some items were not shipped, but included in the packing list as if they were. No feedback yet, but I just sent a message to a person yesterday. I had previously replied to the "orders" mailbox, but that one may not be monitored. This is the first problem I have had in placing orders over the last 3 years.

Bob

Car History in Purchase Order (Not counting cars for wife, although she drove MG Midget when we got married). I can put it up here because it is so much shorter than most everyone else on this board.
1968 Olds Cutlass-possessed for about a month before aunt wanted it back
1969 Buick Skylark-college car, 350 V8, 2 speed auto- I swear you could see the gas gauge falling at 70 mph
1976 Alfa Spider purchased 1978-What a blast!-sold in 1981
1967 Alfa Spider-basket case but using some parts in my restoration project
1971 Plymouth Fury III-4400 lbs before rust. 383 cu. in. Mother-in-law loved to drive that car (heavy foot). Replaced 76 Alfa
1969 Alfa Spider-running when purchased in 1985. Not running since 1989 but I am working on it
1984 Honda Accord
1995 BMW 325i-first thing I ever bought on eBay
2011 F150-Great for hauling all the sheet metal I purchased to the restoration shop for the 69 Alfa.
post #11 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 10:16 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ossodiseppia View Post
I'm sure you've done this, but I'm gonna ask. Did you clear the cache?
Yes, I did. No change.

-Ruedi
post #12 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 10:22 AM

This is what it looks like to me on both chrome and edge:
Attached Images

post #13 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 10:24 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I traced the network connection as the page loads. There are 2 files not loading (404 error): "manifest.json" and "icon-contact.png".

The JSON file (data in JavaScript Object Notation) may be critical for the page layout (the PNG image file for sure isn't). Maybe those who get a decent page layout have this file cached on their system.

-Ruedi
post #14 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 10:38 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6alfas View Post
This is what it looks like to me on both chrome and edge:
That's what I recall it looking like last week.

Here in Edge, seconds ago:

Name:  Screenshot 2019-08-26 10.37.39.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  31.3 KB

-Ruedi
post #15 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 10:49 AM

Garage
Send a message via AIM to GV27
Chrome on Mac. Seconds ago.
Attached Images

Chris

1990 Spider Veloce

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode