A ton of used Alfa Parts! - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-06-2016, 10:10 PM Thread Starter

A ton of used Alfa Parts!

Please call me at 805-241-0250 with the parts you're looking for, as my son does all of my emails/posts and is not around often to respond.

I have everything from reconditioned engines, transmissions and cylinder heads to Giulietta, Spider, Berlina, GTV, Super, and Duetto parts. Please call with any questions you have 805-241-0250.

Best,
Bruno

Everything Alfa Romeo on eBay:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-07-2016, 12:27 PM

A carefull inspection of these parts is a must !
rz133, nunki and Sprintlite like this.

'64 Guilia Spider
'67 GTV
'68 Giulia Super

Conservatives-we work hard, so you don't have to !
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-07-2016, 02:26 PM

I'll stay away as far as possible.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 06:12 AM

parts

+1
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 08:26 PM

I have complete trust buying from BB members parts unseen, Bruno on the other hand is not one of those people. Consider yourself warned, in person careful inspection of parts to be purchase is a MUST from this member.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 09:21 PM

Agree. This guy is dodgy.
I bought a Twin Spark wiring harness from him few years back.
It was not as described.
benjoys02 and AlfaTango1 like this.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 11:46 PM

bruno

I was suppose to purchase a stepnose from him a few yrs ago. It was suppose to be a clean, no accidents, mechanically perfect car as advertised! I sent him a $1,000 deposit and flew with my wife to LA the very next day. When we saw the car, it was a total disappointment! It wouldn't start so "Sleek Bruno" and I had to push start it. We almost pushed it around the entire block close to his house and the car still didn't start!

Body wise, the car was not perfect as he described it. It was hit in the back end really hard and the door gaps were totally off.

When I asked for my $1,000 deposit back since the car wouldn't start and turned out to be anything but described, he said that he will have to charge me a "penalty" of $800 since he had to take his ad out and took time off to show me the car! If it is only legal to strangle someone!

To cut the long story short, I ended up with a $200 refund and I had to book a flight (for two!) back to San Francisco! That was one very expensive 1 day trip!

Last edited by benjoys02; 09-09-2016 at 02:06 AM.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 05:12 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjoys02 View Post
I was suppose to purchase a stepnose from him a few yrs ago. It was suppose to be a clean, no accidents, mechanically perfect car as advertised! I sent him a $1,000 deposit and flew with my wife to LA the very next day. When we saw the car, it was a total disappointment! It wouldn't start so "Sleek Bruno" and I had to push start it. We almost pushed it around the entire block close to his house and the car still didn't start!

Body wise, the car was not perfect as he described it. It was hit in the back end really hard and the door gaps were totally off.

When I asked for my $1,000 deposit back since the car wouldn't start and turned out to be anything but described, he said that he will have to charge me a "penalty" of $800 since he had to take his ad out and took time off to show me the car! If it is only legal to strangle someone!

To cut the long story short, I ended up with a $200 refund and I had to book a flight (for two!) back to San Francisco! That was one very expensive 1 day trip!
Wow.
benjoys02 likes this.

Brian __________________________________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 06:40 AM
Gold Subscriber

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossodiseppia View Post
Wow.
What! People should stand up to sellers like this otherwise their behavior doesn't improve. In Australia this would be straight out illegal. A product (even if second hand) must be described accurately and if it isn't you're entitled to a refund under law.

Aren't there regulatory authorities in US that deal with consumer disputes?

I had a dodgy mechanic (Milano Spares) lie and rip me off once in Thomastown, Victoria, Australia. After giving them every opportunity over many months to set things right they still would not cooperate. I reported the company to the Victorian Office of Fair Trading, after which I received a full refund within a matter of days!

Last edited by WA-Alfa; 09-09-2016 at 11:21 AM.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 06:46 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WA-Alfa View Post
What an a-hole. People should stand up to sellers like this otherwise their behavior doesn't improve. In Australia this would be straight out illegal. A product (even if second hand) must be as described accurately and if it isn't you're entitled for a refund, under law.

Aren't there regulatory authorities in US that deal with consumer disputes? I had a dodgy mechanic lie and rip me off once in Victoria, Australia. After giving him every opportunity to set things right he still would not cooperate. I reported him to the Victorian Office of Fair Trading and I received a full refund within 48 hours!
We have some independent agencies like the BBB (Better Business Bureau), but there are ways that companies can get away with complaints even through them. The only recourse is small claims court. That would have tied up more money and time for someone who lives out of the area.
benjoys02 likes this.

Brian __________________________________

post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 08:39 AM

Garage
Quote:

This is an incredibly disturbing story and i'm sorry you had to go through that, how does Bruno sleep at night...
benjoys02 likes this.

Last edited by mytype; 09-09-2016 at 08:52 AM.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 08:59 AM

Alfa BB members watching out for each other!
A good thing in this crazy world we live in!
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 11:06 AM

Why don't you guys post how you REALLY feel
alfaloco likes this.

Rob
Alfas first, then everything else.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 01:59 PM

well...I am in Spain and have a 62 project. I tried to arrive to a deal with one the engines I found in ebay from this business. And I tryed as way of payment to change ( with a fiat osca 1600 beautiful engine), ...( yes..is complicate, distance, dogane...) or with alfa romeo stuff, or stuff as a part of payment...I recieved answers like " te gusta el vino bueno y la mogliera siempre borracha..." As I am accostume to achieve my goals...I tried also to arrive to a kind of payment method, whilst trying to sale, with a fixed money, and taking into account the possible increase in price whilst paying and the answer was: ..." sorry you have mental problem"...etc. At the end I phoned and spoke in italian to a man but the truth is that I still support everybody deserves respect. Me too and I felt denigrated. I am not surprise about what I am reading and very happy to have not made a deal. .
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 05:40 PM

Garage
"Its a small world after all, its a small world after all, the world of Alfa is a very, very small world".

Mark

Tags
berlina, duetto, giulietta, gtv, spider

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode