My new 2000GTV - Page 3 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-17-2006, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

Γειά σου Λάζαρε!
Very nice story there! It seems that you had a nice service, it could not be better than that!
I wish i were a terrorist! Terrorising in Parnitha and Ritsona seems to be a nice hobby! Bn Laden should read this and do something to make his job more interesting!
Thanks for the offer but i think that there are also other places in need of terrorism such as the special stage of Fteri near Egio, Pititsa, and other wonderful "turning" places around Achaia! See you!
My mobile number is 6938303787
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-18-2006, 03:00 PM

Νot an "Athenian" eh?
Οσο για τη θητεια επεσες μεσα ρε - πως ειναι το βυσμα στ'αγγλικα "PLUG"? χαχαχα -Αν ανεβεις Αθηνα σκασε τηλεφωνο , μπορει να ψησω το φιλαρακι μου να κατεβουμε με τις αλφα κατω καμμια καλη μερα βεβαια,
ξερεις τον χειμωνα ειμαι λιγο psycho την κλεινω μεσα στο γκαραζ , τελικα θα το γδυσεις ντουγρου για αναπαλαιωση????
post #33 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-18-2006, 07:17 PM

you should drop a S54 m3 motor in there o.o
post #34 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 05:36 PM

These pics took me back to 2003 when I was striping out almost everything from the car to get her a nice paintwork while Bill had just bought his junior and he was about to follow the same procedure! Nice years Bill!
It's a great experience to build an Alfa from point 0 back to her original state!
Looking closely to the photos these rusted parts are the most common as you already know. As I told you before I think that a glassblust will do great job!
Great photos...keep us informed Theo!
post #35 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 05:45 PM

This is Parnitha's official terrorist speaking!

GTV-GR: It's too strange that I haven't seen you at Peiraias before ...it’s one of the routes that I prefer to drive to.

Last edited by G|orgos; 09-28-2006 at 05:48 PM.
post #36 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006, 01:10 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by G|orgos
These pics took me back to 2003 when I was striping out almost everything from the car to get her a nice paintwork while Bill had just bought his junior and he was about to follow the same procedure! Nice years Bill!
It's a great experience to build an Alfa from point 0 back to her original state!
Looking closely to the photos these rusted parts are the most common as you already know. As I told you before I think that a glassblust will do great job!
Great photos...keep us informed Theo!
Take a look here Giorgos!

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/show...ighlight=zinga
post #37 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 09:21 AM Thread Starter

A bit more progress from the stripping process. The dashboard is out of the car, as is the passenger seat. Unfrtunately the passenger floor panel is badly corroded and the result is that the longitudinal chassis member (passenger side) is also corroded at the front. I suspect that the same goes also foe the driver side member. I hope i will find replacements or at least it could be easily manufactured at the body shop ( any opinions here? )

All these problems derived from a badly operating water channel. When it rained there was a lot of wated entering the passenger's compatment. The result was 2 badly corroded floor panels and 2 corroded chassis members.
Attached Images

post #38 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 11:47 PM

What the f**k is this thing doing on the top of the console? I hope you' ll fix it.
post #39 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 01:07 AM

Now that you started you are obliged to end it, and I understand you are going to do it properly.
Be sure there is more rust hiding which will take all your physical and mental efforts, but be also sure that the result will make you, the happiest man in the world.
The speaker on top of the centre console, betrays the identity and the culture of the previous owners of the 105 series coupes here in Greece, most of them cannibalized their cars beyond recognition.
Keep us informed.
Takis.

1750 GT Veloce 1a serie
post #40 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 01:13 AM

MAMMA MIA...the 00526A*S is the 1600 with Weber carbs reduced with 104 CV, is a engine of the last gt 1600Junior, nuova super 1600 and Spider 1600 Unificato and Spider 1.6 Fl83 and AeroII...this engine in a 2000 GTV body is impossible and the gear??? The finally differential speed??? Is one very grat work your work to replace all in just place!!!

CIAO E IN BOCCA AL LUPO!!!
post #41 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 09:27 AM Thread Starter

Hi Takis, i think that i am in front of a very difficult but rewarding job! I hope that the result will be as good as with your perfect 1750!

@SpiderFrek. The car is original throughout. The only thing out of originality was the engine and dashboard. I am glad that i located the original ones quite easily. The previous owner had bought the car 25 years ago from Switzerland. After some time he decided that the should put a 1600 cc engine on the car because of taxes... The gearbox and diff. are all original! Anyway it's quite good that i already have a reserve set of LSD and 2000 gearbox.
post #42 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 09:44 AM

Nice start Theo.Have you decide about the bodyshop?

BILL.
post #43 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 02:48 AM

Oli i mafia edo einai mazemeni vlepo!!!

Go on Thodori, I am sure that the final result will be 100% perfect.
Keep us informed about the progress and I believe that there is no need to mention that we are here for everything you'll need.

(PS Especially for the bodyshop, billy72junior knows a good one!! )

“Alfa Romeo is not merely a maker of automobiles : it truly is something more than a conventionally built car. It is a kind of affliction, an enthusiasm for a means of transport. It is a way of living, a very special way of perceiving the motor vehicle. What it is resists definition. Its elements are like those irrational character traits of the human spirit which cannot be explained in logical terms. They are sensations, passions, things that have much more to do with man’s heart than with his brain”.
Orazio Satta

gt1300junior, '67
gt1600junior, '73
giulia 1300 ti, '67
giulia sprint gt, '64 (needs heavy resto)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode