Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums (https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/)
-   Picture Room (https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/picture-room/)
-   -   79 Spider Pics (https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/picture-room/682984-79-spider-pics.html)

Kim Boydell 07-14-2019 09:54 AM

79 Spider Pics

3 Attachment(s)
Here are some pics of my spider. Note the spare tire well. It has a huge acid bubble in the paint from the P.S. I scraped off the rust, sanded and sprayed a littel point on it and rust hasn't returned in over 20 years. Sorry for the fuzzy pic of the rear, it was too sunny out and the image was washed-out on my phone. But you can see I have added the Euro-style bumper. I will replace the N.A. license plate lights when the care needs body work, otherwise there will be a couple of holes in the trunk. I do have the European license plate lights in storage.

Kim Boydell 07-14-2019 10:33 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are a few more pics. Notice the side molding is coming off. I will get around to removing all of it, but first I have to figure out how to get rid of the old trim adhesive. Also, headers have been added and the air pump is now in storge in my shed. I always worry about the headers being so close to all the mechanicals in that area, but I haven't seen anyone else with a heat sheild, so I guess it is fine.

Mario Romagnoli 07-15-2019 05:30 AM

Nice car! I have a '79 in the same color, also with retro-conversion to steel bumpers.

Kim Boydell 07-15-2019 06:07 AM

Colour

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mario Romagnoli (Post 8438778)
Nice car! I have a '79 in the same color, also with retro-conversion to steel bumpers.

Hi Mario
Thank you. I think Bronzo Met. AR 837 was only available in 79 and 80. I like the colour as it is not a typical Alfa colour. I haven't been able to figure out the interior colour. Under the shifter boot I can see the carpet has more red in it than what can be seen in the sun-faded areas. Also, I am not sure of the official name of the seat colours, tan, biscuit, other?

Mario Romagnoli 07-15-2019 10:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kim Boydell (Post 8438792)
Hi Mario
Thank you. I think Bronzo Met. AR 837 was only available in 79 and 80. I like the colour as it is not a typical Alfa colour. I haven't been able to figure out the interior colour. Under the shifter boot I can see the carpet has more red in it than what can be seen in the sun-faded areas. Also, I am not sure of the official name of the seat colours, tan, biscuit, other?

Ah! Your car is Bronzo Met.! I was wondering why it looked nicer than mine.

Mine is actually Chocolate Brown AR 836, a color which I do not really like. Note the difference.

The rest of the color scheme is the same - tan top and interior. The carpets can be dyed to match the original color revealed by the non-sun-exposed areas.

My car needs a repaint (even if I were to keep it the same color) due to some panel mismatch and cracking. I also will remove those side moldings as you are doing.