Happy or Sad - Alfa Sales -USA - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-24-2018, 09:15 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Happy or Sad - Alfa Sales -USA

Got this information "off the Internet ". Don't know if I should be Happy or Sad about this information. Where HERE!
Attached Images

......... Bud Feigel ........<Oo \*/ oO>....... Lexington, Kentucky ........
'82 RED GTV6 / 2.5 - '86 WHITE Spider Veloce 2000 - '71 GREEN GTV 1750
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-24-2018, 09:43 PM
PSk

Send a message via AIM to PSk Send a message via Yahoo to PSk
Yet again SUVs out sell "cars". It is what the customers want.

Pete

'71 1750 Series 2 GTV:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
156 Series 1 v6 ... and remember it's all just opinions
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-25-2018, 06:17 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
I'd say those are good numbers.

Brian __________________________________

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-25-2018, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Happy or Sad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossodiseppia View Post
I'd say those are good numbers.
Do you really think so? Alfa Return 2015; Now: Jan. 2019 . . . . Thirty-Five "Thousand" cars in four years.
I know they're not Toyota or BMW numbers, and who wants Alfas to get as common; as well - TRASH.
It's away's fun to say "Hey Look, there's "Nalfa". Cool . . . .

Are these numbers big enough to keep them here ? ? ?

Shouldn't Alfa be making a Group A Car from a run maybe of Five-Hundred numbered limited 4Cs. They'd sell 'em all and could get a maybe a Hundred-Thousand for each. "I have a Factory Group A 4C in my collection of Alfas". Sounds Wealthy !

Last edited by Little Italian; 12-25-2018 at 05:56 PM.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-25-2018, 07:59 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Italian View Post
Do you really think so? Alfa Return 2015; Now: Jan. 2019 . . . . Thirty-Five "Thousand" cars in four years.
I know they're not Toyota or BMW numbers, and who wants Alfas to get as common; as well - TRASH.
It's away's fun to say "Hey Look, there's "Nalfa". Cool . . . .

Are these numbers big enough to keep them here ? ? ?
I think the sales numbers are pretty good. They were really just gearing up in 2015-2017 so it's best to look at the 2018 sales.

For comparison, I think they sold roughly 200,000 cars in the US between 1955-1995.

I think they need to set realistic goals (their initial goals for the re-launch were not realistic), but IMHO if they consistently sell between 25,000 and 50,000 cars a year they should be OK as a niche manufacturer.

Centerline International - Alfa Romeo Parts & Accessories

750-ALFA
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 06:51 AM Thread Starter

Garage
That's comforting coming from you, Joe. 200,000 cars. Wonder what the World Wide sales for Alfa look like. They probably have made 50,000 Guilias since its introduction, Europe, Japan, Australia, the Gulf countries. 2019 could be a really good year for Sales for Alfa.

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 12:54 PM
PSk

A hybrid 4 cylinder SUV ... and they could not make enough to keep up with sales.

SUVs are the future of automotive transport and thankfully Alfa have made a good one. A hybrid with Alfas sporty image would be the best of both worlds, outside of America (where gas prices are artificially low to prop up GM).

Personally I'd be interested in a hybrid 4 cylinder 2 wheel drive model, if I was looking for a new car ... and would sell the 156v6, as I'd not use it.
Pete

'71 1750 Series 2 GTV:
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 03:45 PM

Garage
Those figures are pathetic for what are essentially mid-range cars. They don’t come close to paying for the development and marketing of these products. No major OEM would continue with this volume.

I love Alfa’s and always have but real is real.

Never too many Alfas
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 05:35 PM

Those 4c numbers are pathetic.

1969 Alfa Spider, 1954 Porsche Speedster,
1962 Ferrari 250 GTE, 1962 MGA MKII,2004 1949 Jeepster, 1998 Mercedes SLK230,BMW M3
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 05:48 PM

Alfa never intended to make more than 3,000 4C's, and we got half of them.

Jay

'57 750B, '57 750D, '62 101.23, '15 4C LE
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 06:04 PM
PSk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderbill View Post
Those figures are pathetic for what are essentially mid-range cars. They don’t come close to paying for the development and marketing of these products. No major OEM would continue with this volume.
Which is why modern Alfas are FIATs underneath. Alfa AND FIAT share the development costs.
Pete

'71 1750 Series 2 GTV:
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 07:31 PM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Jaguar sold 19000 F-Paces in 2017 and around 15000 in 2018, so I'm pretty happy with 10000 Stelvios sold in a country where at least half of the drivers don't know what Alfa Romeo is. Giulia compares similarly with Jag XE which sold around 12000 units this year.

Jaguar F-Pace US car sales figures

Zaza

Current Alfas:

2018 Stelvio Ti Sport
1987 Milano Verde
1970 Euro-spec GTV 1750

Refreshing 1750 GTV
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 08:16 PM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
They are catching on. I usually see at least one Giulia or Stelvio a day in Dallas. Most of the negative “reliability” press has quieted down. Time will tell if it is sustainable.

Fiat’s US sales numbers are pathetic given the price point of its cars. Not sure that the Fiat brand is worth propping up in the US for too much longer.

Sergio was committed to giving Alfa a chance here, knowing that acceptance needed to be earned over time. I hope the current leadership feels the same (and is willing to rely on the tremendous profits FCA is making on Jeep and Ram for a while).

Rich

'85 Spider Veloce
'17 Giulia Ti Sport
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 09:05 PM

Agree with Spiderbill. These current volumes will not support R&D, new Product tooling, marketing, dealer support etc.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 07:14 AM

But as a start to a long-term plan, hopefully it’ll be enough. In the NY Metro area, I see Alfas regularly now — they’re definitely selling.

2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport Q4 Performance, 2005 Aston Martin Vanquish S, 2009 Aston Martin V8 Vantage, 1983 Saab 900 Turbo, 2007 Jaguar XJ8, 2018 Audi Q7 (wife's)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode