Type 2 Spider - Photo Thread - Page 56 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 68Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #826 of 832 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backto105 View Post
Here are some updated photos of my 1975 S2 Spider. Last lot I posted, the car had the ROTA (Minilite style) wheels. I think it looks much better with the Alfaholics wheels.
Dark blue over oxblood, a nice combination. Very nice!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #827 of 832 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 10:48 PM

Look like 15" rims.....if that is the case which tyres are you using?

Stuart
'57 Spider Veloce, '57 Lightweight, '60 SZ, '76 2000 Spider. '60 Sprint
post #828 of 832 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 06:13 PM

Technically a re-post, but I did crop it(!).

Today in SF the sky looks just as grey as this day was, 5 years ago, in GG Park. The orig. exposure burnt the highlights, made the "Seafoam" look about right and still had inky shadows. The car looks the same, and is waiting at the lake for a visit from us next wknd., and (hopefully) a fire-up/drive-around session or two.

https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/att...1&d=1560733892
Attached Images

-Frank, in SF, CA (ex-GrisCo grunt)
'73 Berlina/SPICA (RIP), '65 Giulia Sprint GT, '74 Spider/SPICA, '93 164L (from new)
post #829 of 832 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 06:32 PM

It’s been a year or two from here. Im sorting out a 72 DSpecial Citroen, but the Spider still fun, reliable, purty.
Attached Images

69 GTV
74 GTV
77 Spider
72 Citroen DSpecial
2000 VFR 800 Honda
post #830 of 832 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 06:43 PM

Wow! The second pic. down - what a great image. And those wheels, that color.. like it's riding a tractor beam from another planet.

That may be the most striking non-orig. color and wheel combo I've ever seen - really sweet!

-Frank, in SF, CA (ex-GrisCo grunt)
'73 Berlina/SPICA (RIP), '65 Giulia Sprint GT, '74 Spider/SPICA, '93 164L (from new)
post #831 of 832 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 01:20 AM

Garage
Wow, this thread is looooong.... but I'm not complaining. What it did though (for me at least) is that it got me confused at "where" the antenna should be. I have a 71 1750. I've looked at many photos in this thread and see a lot of them on the left rear side... some on the right rear side... then again some on the right front fender. Does anyone know where it "should" be on my 71 spider? I'm still restoring it... haven't made any hole for the antenna yet.

Thanks... Great photos... Love the non-original colors! I did change mine from green to red... (had to... makes it go faster! LOL) It was just a preference even though 71s are rare, I couldn't keep it green.
post #832 of 832 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 08:36 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by evieceli View Post
Wow, this thread is looooong.... but I'm not complaining. What it did though (for me at least) is that it got me confused at "where" the antenna should be. I have a 71 1750. I've looked at many photos in this thread and see a lot of them on the left rear side... some on the right rear side... then again some on the right front fender. Does anyone know where it "should" be on my 71 spider? I'm still restoring it... haven't made any hole for the antenna yet.

Thanks... Great photos... Love the non-original colors! I did change mine from green to red... (had to... makes it go faster! LOL) It was just a preference even though 71s are rare, I couldn't keep it green.
Pretty sure radios were dealer installed so no standard until later on in the 80’s. But here’s a picture of a ‘71 with the antenna on the right rear. Now later cars with factory installed radios had the antenna installed on the right rear fender with the antenna centered in the middle of the trunk.
Attached Images

Jimmy G. -1976 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode