Front Seat Foams for Giulietta Spider - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-16-2015, 07:24 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Send a message via Skype™ to donatella
Talking Front Seat Foams for Giulietta Spider

Hi Alfisti,

I want to share with you the picture of the foams for front seats for Giulietta Spider. If you are restoring the seats and you need the foams, these are ideals. There is also a tutorial video on you tube (I will post it in the video room of this forum) on how to install the foams. I enclose here by a link to show you more pics of the backrest foams.

https://elvezioblog.wordpress.com/20...t-seats-foams/

I hope you will find helpful this post!
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-16-2015, 09:40 AM

Donatella,

For those of us who cannot follow the Italian commentary, can you explain why the blue foam was added to the front part of the seat cushion?
Does any part of the seatback cushion need to be similarly modified?

Also, the video is not clear on how the rear edge of the seat cover is attached to the tacking strip at the rear of the seat pan.
The tacking strip you are showing appears to extend outside the metal pan, unlike the original 750/101 which was mounted to the inside of the seat pan, and apparently required an untidy row of tacks along the edge of the seat cover.

Joe
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-16-2015, 10:04 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Send a message via Skype™ to donatella
Hi Joe,

thank you for your questions.
The blue foam gives a better shape to the seat. You can use only the white foam like in the pictures above or if you want improve the shape as suggested in the video to round even better the seats. The seat cushion do not need to be modified, only cut as showed in the video.

There is another tutorial video that is about 12 minutes (I have not yet posted it on youtube) which explain step by step how to install the seat foam and cover on the frame. The seat cover has been installed over the foam and the frame using a metal stick which is normally in your original seat, putting this stick in the canvas stripe and fixed to the frame through the hooks of the frame. It's more difficult to explain verbally than to do it! All process is like the original. In the case you do not need the metal stick you can create one long enough to be inserted in the canvas border.

Joe, have you been our customer? I do remember your name.

Tags
backrest, foams, giulietta spider, seats

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode