Pictures Of Alfetta's - Page 5 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 904 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 01:03 AM

Click the thumbnails...

D-oh!

I thought it was done, and those were the pics of the finished product.

"Shows well" indeed. Isn't the "Colorado parts supplier" a member here. Just wondering what he has to say for himself. "Unhit" and etc. Forsooth varlet! Makes me want to cross them off my list.

On the other hand, if it is done, my earlier comment stands. Photo essay. Hi Res. We want.

Now this time really - back on topic. How about some present day pictures of the Sedan? Its been for sale for some time if I am not mistaken, (as if you really wanted to sell it ), so those don't count. Au courant pics of mine are coming as soon as it passes smog so I can bail it out of the service shop gulag.

Randy Lee

"HAVE another cookie!!" - Don Corrado Prizzi

Randy's Italian Lot:
1978 Sport Sedan - "Cecilia", a rustfree Alfetta
1990 Mondial T Cabrio - Engine major service, climate control overhaul, and interior tune up still to go - Short is on it!!
1958 Giullietta Sprint. "G.Sprint" No holds barred. 3.0 Liter 12 Valve V6 and Verde transaxle just to get warmed up!
1976 Alfetta GT. Twin 45 Dellortos. Alfetta maintainence drug while Cecilla gets restored.
1978 Alfetta GT. Ex Keith Martin, and getting a nice set of Euro Bumpers along with the rest of the good parts off the '76.
ON HOLD 196x Lancia Flaminia Sedan - name and the rest TBD.

Ex:
79 Spt Sdn. "Griswold" and never-driven '74 Spider sold to Harry Riley
74 Spider "Isabel" traded for "Cecilia" Thanks Ric!
(Look at Isabel now:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!!)
1979 Sport Sedan Alfamatic. Traded to Wilbur for a very sweet bicycle - thanks!
All the parts cars chopped up or sent to Larry...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 904 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 01:25 AM

Send a message via MSN to GoldCloverLeaf
osso.... is that a CB antenna on the alfetta!?

For the Road: '67 Giulia Super, '85 GTV6
For the Off Road: '85 Unimog U1700L, '01 Defender Td5
post #63 of 904 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 06:41 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by randyleepublic
I thought it was done, and those were the pics of the finished product.
Nope, those are the befor photos.

Quote:
"Shows well" indeed. Isn't the "Colorado parts supplier" a member here. Just wondering what he has to say for himself. "Unhit" and etc. Forsooth varlet! Makes me want to cross them off my list.
Let's not stir the pot here. It's ancient history for me.

Quote:
On the other hand, if it is done, my earlier comment stands. Photo essay. Hi Res. We want.
It is not done. Progress is very slow. I will post large format, high resolution photos when it's done.

Quote:
Now this time really - back on topic. How about some present day pictures of the Sedan? Its been for sale for some time if I am not mistaken, (as if you really wanted to sell it ), so those don't count. Au courant pics of mine are coming as soon as it passes smog so I can bail it out of the service shop gulag.
The pictures that I have on my website are the most recent. I do want to sell it, but only to the right person. I've had a few tire kickers, but nobody that I am interested in selling it to. I have been driving the car more these last few months than in the last several years. It just turned over 95k miles last week!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldCloverLeaf
osso.... is that a CB antenna on the alfetta!?
Indeed it is! I missed that detail in the photo. Good eye. Man that was a long time ago.

Brian __________________________________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #64 of 904 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 09:27 AM

A "one-owner" Alfetta Sedan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossodiseppia
It just turned over 95k miles last week!.
Congratulations! Your car is, to my knowledge, the oldest continously operating Alfetta Sedan by the same owner. In the United States very likely, and maybe the world! Bravo!

I would have "applied for ownership", but I have this thing about red cars. So, now I have "Blackie". More pictures on the way.

Randy Lee

Randy's Italian Lot:
1990 Mondial T Cabrio - Engine major service, climate control overhaul, and interior tune up still to go - Short is on it!!
1958 Giullietta Sprint. "G.Sprint" No holds barred. 3.0 Liter 12 Valve V6 and Verde transaxle just to get warmed up!
1976 Alfetta GT. Twin 45 Dellortos. Alfetta maintainence drug while Cecilla gets restored.
1978 Alfetta GT. Ex Keith Martin, and getting a nice set of Euro Bumpers along with the rest of the good parts off the '76.

Ex:
(Look at Isabel now:
!!)
post #65 of 904 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 03:17 AM

Mine

post #66 of 904 (permalink) Old 06-19-2006, 12:22 PM

GTV116: Thanks for the complement! The engnie is rebuilt with 10.4:1 compression pistons, oversized intake/exhaust valves and 11 mm cams. The engine was ported/polished/balanced when it was rebuilt. It also has dual 40 DCOE Weber carbs and a Howe aluminum radiator. It also has a remote oil filter system and a Crane electronic ignition (I am considering changing this over to MSD or RML in the future). The car was dynoed to 120 hp at the wheels, which works out to about 160 at the crank.

Since my last post here I have put on a new air intake system. I designed this system myself and had my machinist that I use for my hobby company make the parts. He did an outstanding job! Each intake is actually 3 pieces: A 1/2" thick aluminum base that is threaded, a threaded intake tube, and a threaded 'filter cap'. The tube is threaded into the base (with Loctite) and then mounted to the filter plate. Next a screen is cut and placed inside the 'filter cap' with silicone and this is screwed onto the intake tube. I like the way this system looks, and the inside of the intake runners are very,very smooth for good airflow.

If anyone is interested, my machinist can produce these and I would be happy to offer them for sale (note: they are time consuming to make, and therefore not cheap) for $450.00 per set of four.

Thanks, Steve
Attached Images

post #67 of 904 (permalink) Old 06-19-2006, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMoon
If anyone is interested, my machinist can produce these and I would be happy to offer them for sale (note: they are time consuming to make, and therefore not cheap) for $450.00 per set of four.

Thanks, Steve
Not cheap.... but they are REALLY NICE, or REALLY NOISE!!!!!
I liked the style.... looks like mine:
http://img110.imageshack.us/my.php?i...024x7685mc.jpg

subitocorse.com - Digital resource for classic transxale Alfa Romeo cars
post #68 of 904 (permalink) Old 06-19-2006, 12:54 PM

I saw those intakes a Hallett where Steve's car set some great times. The intakes are really nice and considering the quality $450 is a good price.
post #69 of 904 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 03:29 PM

Cool interior!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfettaQO
Hi,

another newbie from the Netherlands. Here are some pics of my Alfetta. They're not the world's greatest pics, but give some impression.

The engine was a 2.0 and has become a 2.1, build to Squadra Bianca specs. I've had many Alfa's but this car always stayed with me (maybe because it's so ugly, nobody wants it ).

Cheers,

Marco
Hi Marco. That is the nicest interior I have seen on any Alfetta. What year and model is it? GT or Sedan? Is that real wood and leather?

Regards,

Randy Lee

Randy's Italian Lot:

Ex:
(Look at Isabel now:
!!)
post #70 of 904 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 06:41 PM

The interior is the same in my Alfetta, its an '84 model. The wood is fake, just like the gear knob, i will take some pictures sometime.

The bottom half of the door panels comes in an ugly grey fabric from the factory, i like how you have replaced it with black material, it looks much better!

post #71 of 904 (permalink) Old 06-27-2006, 01:04 PM

@Randy: ofcourse it's real wood......... from the plastic Alfa tree. It only grows in a few secret places.

Can you spot the three original Alfa, but non-original Alfetta parts in the interior?

Marco
post #72 of 904 (permalink) Old 06-27-2006, 04:13 PM

Quote:
@Randy: ofcourse it's real wood......... from the plastic Alfa tree. It only grows in a few secret places.
Too bad these special plastic trees are inferior to all other plastic trees

Quote:
Can you spot the three original Alfa, but non-original Alfetta parts in the interior?

Marco
Oh this is hard! There isnt many original parts in my interior so i don't know what is original or not

Let me guess... seatbelts? Gear shift boot? Maybe speedometer/tachometer facia? (mine is different). Umm... is that a trip computer from a 75? I think mine has a trip computer from a 90.

post #73 of 904 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 07:38 PM

Nice work on the headliner! I also used a black 75 carpet, fits good and looks MUCH better. I will try and take some pics of my interior this weekend, it will be interesting to see what you notice thats different - late model Alfetta sedans are very rare here so i havent been able to make any comparisons.

post #74 of 904 (permalink) Old 07-01-2006, 02:02 AM

Heres a few interior shots, sorry but it isnt very clean at the moment.

Count them... there are 6 lights inside! (3 airplane style swivel lights and 3 green lights!?). I'm not sure what you would need the green lights for but i think its very retro 80's cool

I think the trip computer is out of an Alfa 90, i only use it for the digital clock though. The velour seats are also from an Alfa 90. The steering wheel is aftermarket, but i think the rest is pretty much standard,except for the CD player and 6.5" speakers obviously.

Notice anything else that is out of place?
Attached Images

post #75 of 904 (permalink) Old 07-01-2006, 02:35 AM

my '77

My '77 as it changes..
Attached Images

The meek shall inherit the rear view mirror.

Alfas owned/own!
81 GTV-6
83 GTV-6
86 GTV-6
87 Milano Gold
88 Milano Verde
91 164S
77 Alfetta sedan
79 Alfetta GTV(smooshed and ground up)

Tags
automatic sport sedan, engine swap

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode