Series I Spiders - Photo thread. - Page 24 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 89Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #346 of 358 (permalink) Old 08-12-2018, 07:47 AM

Garage
I would love to get my hands on a Roundtail..

The older I get.. the faster I was....
Tom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #347 of 358 (permalink) Old 08-12-2018, 08:30 AM

As Osso said, blu celeste. AR301.

http://www.veloce.se/a334c8f7-456f-4...c5f66a-29.html

[B]1967 Roundtail Spider, "Duetto" Mine since 1970. Meno parole, piú Duetto!.[/B]
My [B][COLOR="Red"]Duetto sites [/COLOR][/B]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and the [B][COLOR="Red"] Duetto Register [/COLOR][/B]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
[B][COLOR="Red"] Duettoinfo [/COLOR][/B]

post #348 of 358 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 04:20 AM

Smile

Needs a bump, a very nice thread.
Attached Images

[B]1967 Roundtail Spider, "Duetto" Mine since 1970. Meno parole, piú Duetto!.[/B]
My [B][COLOR="Red"]Duetto sites [/COLOR][/B]
and the [B][COLOR="Red"] Duetto Register [/COLOR][/B]
and
[B][COLOR="Red"] Duettoinfo [/COLOR][/B]

post #349 of 358 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 06:43 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
My Osso earlier this year. I still need to get those air cleaner decals on.
Attached Images

velocewhippet and Anfanuts like this.

Brian __________________________________

post #350 of 358 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 09:02 AM

Garage
SO nice.

1967 1600 Spider
post #351 of 358 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 01:25 PM

Stable shoot at the cradle of humankind

My South African Veloce, together with a few of her stablemates.
Attached Images

velocewhippet and Anfanuts like this.

Last edited by Gausie; 12-31-2018 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Adding a few photos
post #352 of 358 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 08:21 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gausie View Post
My South African Veloce, together with a few of her stablemates.
Drop dead gorgeous ..

The older I get.. the faster I was....
Tom
post #353 of 358 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 09:03 AM

My 1967 Duetto.

Purchased out of Colorado in 2012, where it was raced in vintage events after rebuilding/restoring in 1992 or so.

After several years sorting out the mechanicals, back on the road in late August of this past year. 1700 JE pistons (10.25:1). Carrillo rods. Modified Euro cams. 123 ignition. Alternator. Electric fuel pump. Ceramic coated steel headers. Spin-on oil filter. Electric fan. Ward and Dean suspension kit. Series 3 brakes w/ dual master cylinder. Classic Alfa GTA 14x6 wheels. Pirelli CN 36 VR 185/70-14 tires. So, not original so much underneath, but true to the spirit.

1992 paint and body work (zero corrosion) are good enough, so next stop is the interior.

Last driven 23 December 2018. Cold, dry, sunny. Top down. A blast.

Happiest of New Year's to you all.
Attached Images

velocewhippet likes this.

1967 Duetto (2X)
DC
post #354 of 358 (permalink) Old 01-06-2019, 10:44 PM

Garage
^^ Very nice. Good mechanical choices. Ward & Dean is nice. I've never seen the red with burgundy combo - is that the way it came?

I have a couple of questions:

What is the ET of the 6" wheels?

What is the source of the JE pistons?

How did you do the dual circuit brakes? Does it still have the MC under the floor?

Thanks!

1967 1600 Spider
post #355 of 358 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivace View Post
^^ Very nice. Good mechanical choices. Ward & Dean is nice. I've never seen the red with burgundy combo - is that the way it came?

I have a couple of questions:

What is the ET of the 6" wheels?

What is the source of the JE pistons?

How did you do the dual circuit brakes? Does it still have the MC under the floor?

Thanks!
Vivace --

Thanks kindly.

The maranth seats were in the car when purchased. Installed by previous owner. They are being replaced by black when I rehab the interior.

The Classic Alfa 6x14 wheels are ET 30 offsets.

The JE pistons were secured through the Alfa outfit in Georgia. There was a slight burble in that process but with 1000 miles now on the engine, I'm pretty happy with the outcome.

MC was installed by previous owner. I have not traced out the circuit, but it is located in the original position for a standing pedal car.

Cheers.

DC
post #356 of 358 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 12:51 PM

Garage
Very interesting - thanks! I'd love to see how that brake set-up was done.

1967 1600 Spider
post #357 of 358 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 04:47 PM

When I get a chance I'll take a look and see what details emerge on the MC.

Of all the apostasies I have committed on this Duetto, the most immediately gratifying, aside from the drivetrain and running gear, has been the installation of LED running lights, turn signals (with electronic flasher unit), brake lights, and reverse light. They are all Philips LED's as recommended by a fellow who does automotive lighting consulting on line. The headlight units are new manufacture, but old style Cibie H4 (by Valleo in Belgium), with Tungsram bulbs. I thought long and hard about the matter and decided ultimately that safety was more important than originality. Even after having the car in the garage since last August, I still occasionally go down at night just to play with the lights. The difference in brightness and visibility seems almost exponential. Haven't dinked with the gauge lights yet; will do that when the restored gauges are installed.

1967 Duetto (2X)
DC
post #358 of 358 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 10:15 AM

A bit of winter exercise

Here are some snapshots of my Duetto taken in the middle of a 50+ mile drive on a beautifully sunny day in late December with the temps in the low 40's and the roads clear and dry. Quite the contrast when compared to today's Minnesota temps hovering on either side of 0 ˚F.
Attached Images

velocewhippet likes this.

Daniel Romero
'67 Duetto (white w/red)
'02 BMW 330 ci (silver w/black)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode