Quote:
Originally Posted by sbadaro View Post
Can't see the photo...
Thnx 4 ur advice.
sbadaro likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5657 of 5761 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 12:44 PM

Restoration almost complete.Originally an American car converted to Australian specification.
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 401
Size:  250.9 KB
ncng, sbadaro and architeuthis like this.
post #5658 of 5761 (permalink) Old 12-11-2018, 12:07 PM

Past: '88 Spider
Present: '69 GTV, '67 GT Jr.
post #5659 of 5761 (permalink) Old 12-12-2018, 08:07 PM

Testimony of road worthiness:This is a very original, honest 1969 Alfa Romeo 1750 Veloce Spider “Boat-tail” (series 1). I flew up on a 1 way flight to pick up this jewel after having already paid for it months ahead. I drove this nearly 50 year old exotic 1843 miles home across (13) states and 3 days. She made the road journey without any issue bar one: When I first stopped for gas I noticed air low on the left rear tire. I added air and had to keep adding air due to a slow leak. The next morning at the hotel I tried to get the wheel off but simply couldn’t get any lug nut loose. I made the trip home by regular stops for air. An older tire tech at shop near my home got the wheel off. Apparently the left side wheel lug nuts turn clockwise to open; counter clockwise to bolt wheel on. The right side wheels on this car follow the conventional direction. I tipped the old tire tech for teaching me this. Alfa Romeo dominated the field of racing for decades since the company was founded in 1910. Vintage Race cars had center spinners; so to prevent left side wheels from falling off, the spinners tightened up in direction the left wheels turned. The leak was a faulty tire valve and not a nail.
Attached Images

post #5660 of 5761 (permalink) Old 12-12-2018, 08:16 PM

1969 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce 1750 "Boat tail"

This is a very original, honest 1969 Alfa Romeo 1750 Veloce Spider “Boat-tail” (series 1) I bought recently. I flew up on a 1 way flight to pick up this jewel after having already paid for it months ahead. I drove this nearly 50 year old exotic 1843 miles home across (13) states and 3 days. She made the road journey without any issue bar one: When I first stopped for gas I noticed air low on the left rear tire. I added air and had to keep adding air due to a slow leak. The next morning at the hotel I tried to get the wheel off but simply couldn’t get any lug nut loose. I made the trip home by regular stops for air. An older tire tech at shop near my home got the wheel off. Apparently the left side wheel lug nuts turn clockwise to open; counter clockwise to bolt wheel on. The right side wheels on this car follow the conventional direction. I tipped the old tire tech for teaching me this. Alfa Romeo dominated the field of racing for decades since the company was founded in 1910. Vintage Race cars had center spinners; so to prevent left side wheels from falling off, the spinners tightened up in direction the left wheels turned. The leak was a faulty tire valve and not a nail.
Attached Images

rloewy, aralfa8589, ncng and 4 others like this.
post #5661 of 5761 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 02:29 AM

Garage
Congratulations, a real gem !

GTA R
1963 Giulia Ti Super Rep
post #5662 of 5761 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 07:30 PM

My '91 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce I acquired in April'18 with 38,000 approx miles from Hendricks Mazda dealer in Buford Atlanta. Flew up on a 1 way ticket; had all fluids drained & refilled (eng. oil & filter, transmission & differential); drove her back 850 miles to Houston. Gutted the interior in June myself & reupholstered & refurbished interior with some tasteful personal touches. Upgraded brakes & suspension with Centerline performance Alfa parts. Had professional Paint correction & ding removal done as well. Car is a head turner at all car shows now.
Attached Images

GioGTVTS and RedRobin91 like this.
post #5663 of 5761 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 07:57 PM

Awesome! Love the seat red pin striping and the Alfa Romeo logo! Sweet. ncng

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biren Bose View Post
My '91 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce I acquired in April'18 with 38,000 approx miles from Hendricks Mazda dealer in Buford Atlanta. Flew up on a 1 way ticket; had all fluids drained & refilled (eng. oil & filter, transmission & differential); drove her back 850 miles to Houston. Gutted the interior in June myself & reupholstered & refurbished interior with some tasteful personal touches. Upgraded brakes & suspension with Centerline performance Alfa parts. Had professional Paint correction & ding removal done as well. Car is a head turner at all car shows now.
post #5664 of 5761 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 07:58 PM

That boat tail is gorgeous!
I'd love to have one. There is one for sale very near to me, but one Alfa keeps me poor enough so I'll have to make do with looking at pics of other people's
Thanks for sharing.
post #5665 of 5761 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 08:00 PM

Pics of my '91 Alfa Spider Veloce that I found in April'18 via Auto Trader at Hendricks Mazda in Buford, near Atlanta, Georgia. I bought the car a month ahead site unseen basis what appeared to be a well cared for Alfa & which came with a binder of service receipts from a previous owner. I wired the funds weeks ahead to seal the deal. Later I flew up on a 1 way; paid extra for all fluids be changed (engine oil & filter that I took with me, transmission oil; differential fluid; coolant flush, refill & bleed). Then drove her back 840 miles back to Houston stopping 1 night in Pascagoula, Miss. She made it back without a hiccup bar one: she kept blowing a 10 amp fuse randomly. No wonder the dealer gave me a zip lock bag full of about a dozen 10 amp blade fuses. All gauges went to zero was the indication as old technician who changed fluids told me this had a habit of happening and showed me where the 10 amp fuse needed to go. (under driver's left knee at drop down fuse block). After this happened twice I figured I would never make it home on a dozen fuses having already replaced 2 within 120 miles of Atlanta. So I bought more fuses but only found 1 last assortment. I decided to stick in a 15 amp fuse and she did not blow that fuse again the rest of the journey home. During the gutting of interior in June'18 I discovered the relay that dims the interior courtesy lights in foot well, both sides, was broken causing a short. I replaced this with a used relay from Larry's Alfa parts; went back to a 10 amp blade fuse. Never had the problem again. I had an Upholstery shop (Sublime Heights Seams & Sounds) refurbish the seats, door cards etc while I did the removal & refit at my home garage to be sure no parts got lost. It took 2 months for the shop redo the interior with some personal touches of my own. World Upholstery in California did the custom floor mats; again to my design. I had real tan leather and suede (alcantara) be used for seats, door panels. During the removal/refit I found the anti theft code to oem radio cassette on underside of the radio which works great. I popped in a cassette & plays nice. Since these pics I have replaced wooden gear knob & brake grip with mahogany wood custom knob & brake grip from C.G. Autowood. Car is a head turner and best of show at Fiat & ALfa car meets. Concurrently, upgraded brakes with Wilwood 4 pot performance calipers, new pads; braided s.s. brake hoses; new master cylinder & booster; suspension parts and exhaust upgrades (all from Centerline Alfa). Next upgrade is GTA 15 x 7 wheels from Maxilites to happen soon.
Attached Images

GioGTVTS likes this.
post #5666 of 5761 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 08:20 PM

Additionally Paint correction by a professional and ding lifting by another professional was done. The paint in Alfa Red is factory original. I had Upholstery shop add red piping to seats; suede or alcantara to seats to mimic oem design; suede or alcantara with stitching pattern to door cards to mimic oem heat pressed design on vinyl;Alfa logos embroidered to seat head rests rear side (to avoid oils from hair deteriorating the logo over time/besides looks sharper on a convertible from rear); red piping on custom floor mats to tie the outer color with interior. Nardi wooden strg wheel etc. Car is a total joy to drive.
Attached Images

GioGTVTS and takumivng like this.
post #5667 of 5761 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 08:24 PM

Thank you Sir. Never say Never. It took me 6 years to finally pull the trigger on a 69 Boat tail. And guess what?????!!!!!!!!! I bought 2 Boat tails the same day this October. Both site unseen. Now I have 3 Alfas in total. One Series 4. and 2 series 1. ALFA= Always Looking For Another.
post #5668 of 5761 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 08:28 PM

Thank you Sir. Appreciate your positive feedback and comments/compliments. The older Alfas are such beautiful cars. I have always liked the series 1 and series 4 in particular. I have been very fortunate to now have 1 series 4 and 2 series 1. Soon to post pics of my other series 1, Boat tail in silver.
post #5669 of 5761 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 08:52 PM

My recently acquired, after a recent complete nut & bolt restoration, '69 Alfa Romeo Spider "Silver Boat Tail" with no expense spared. Powered by a later 2 liter Twin overhead cam Alfa motor with dual 45 mm DCOE side Webers; performance suspension, brakes from Alfaholics, UK and much more including it's original 1779 cc (1750) motor on a pallet.
Attached Images

post #5670 of 5761 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 08:53 AM
evi

Garage
Ready for the Winter
Tristar Snowpower 2 235/45 R18 98V XL
Attached Images

oz3litre likes this.

Actual car's Alfa 75 1.8 turbo (1986) Alfa 159 SW Ti (2008) Skoda Roomster (2007) Out:Giulia Super (1969) Giulietta 1.8 L (1981) Alfa 33 SW 1.7 1992) ,Fiat Ulysse(1996),

Tags
1987 spider veloce

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode