Later Cisitalias - Page 11 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #151 of 154 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBoekman View Post
For heaven's sake, will someone please buy this car and put some original wheels on it at least! The interior is only missing the pom-poms around the windows too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 154 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by degruch View Post
Referring back to page 7, the car on the trailor was (is?) for sale here in Australia. Sorry, I know this is a Cisitalia thread, so off the topic, but does anyone know the history of this car? I assume it is a recent US import.
the michelotti bodied Osca Fiat?
That car was for sale out of Miami last year. claimed to be a real OSCA, AS IT IS NOT.. has it been sold to Aussieland? I had mail correspondance with seller....
Nik

Ferrari 330GT2+2 series 1, Fiat 1100SMM Pinin Farina,
post #153 of 154 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biz5300 View Post
the michelotti bodied Osca Fiat?
That car was for sale out of Miami last year. claimed to be a real OSCA, AS IT IS NOT.. has it been sold to Aussieland? I had mail correspondance with seller....
Nik
Hi Nik,

Since I posted this I've done some research. The gent who has (or had?) advertsied the car for sale in Australia used to be associated with a US import sales company called AutoArt. They had a lot of exclusive stock, much of which was located in the US, but advertised at VERY high non-negotiable prices - reportedly they didn't sell much of it due to these high asking prices (the blue 'OSCA' picture on the trailer page 7 was AU$80,000, or about US$65,000). I am not sure if the company still exists, but some of the stock is still for sale locally (including an AU$40,000 1960 Fiat OSCA and AU$30,000 Moretti Tour du Monde).

I may be able to find some contact details if you are interested, but my guess is that the car is being brokered in Australia via the advertised seller, and is probably still located in the US. Certainly an interesting looking car - I like it, but would prefer to rescue the yellow Boneschi and restore to near original condition. Finances dictate I continue dreaming, unfortunately.

Cheers,
Duane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #154 of 154 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by degruch View Post
Hi

Since I posted this I've done some research. The gent who has (or had?) advertsied the car for sale in Australia used to be associated with a US import sales company called AutoArt. They had a lot of exclusive stock, much of which was located in the US, but advertised at VERY high non-negotiable prices - reportedly they didn't sell much of it due to these high asking prices (the blue 'OSCA' picture on the trailer page 7 was AU$80,000, or about US$65,000). I am not sure if the company still exists, but some of the stock is still for sale locally (including an AU$40,000 1960 Fiat OSCA and AU$30,000 Moretti Tour du Monde).

I may be able to find some contact details if you are interested, but my guess is that the car is being brokered in Australia via the advertised seller, and is probably still located in the US. Certainly an interesting looking car - I like it, but would prefer to rescue the yellow Boneschi and restore to near original condition. Finances dictate I continue dreaming, unfortunately.

Cheers,
Duane
Autoart is the OSCA collector in Melbourne Mike Nicholas... So he must have bought it??... He has 2 Boneschis and a Fissore....

Cheers Nik

Ferrari 330GT2+2 series 1, Fiat 1100SMM Pinin Farina,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode