Florida

Florida as sedan and Coupe
Attached Images

post #63 of 379 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 12:43 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by monte carlo View Post
Strong women, but who and where?
There seems to be a Swiss flag on the car in the first picture. This web page about female racers provides a description of one possible driver:
Quote:
Ferrier, Nadege (Washer) - Swiss woman who drove in long-distance sportscar races and hillclimbs in the 50s. Often partnered with Gilberte Thirion.

-Ruedi
[SIZE="1"]'63 2600 Touring Spider (AR 191437, the car that started the 2000/2600 International Register, reassembly in progress)
ex-'65 2600 SZ (AR 856043, the car in my avatar, sold as resto project to Austria)
Maintainer of a private 2600 SZ register (not the one in the Netherlands).[/SIZE]

Last edited by tubut; 05-04-2008 at 12:48 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 379 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 01:45 AM Thread Starter

Farina number

Hello John,
you was right, slow finds I ever more numbers. Even the ashtray has Farina number. Is that normal, that the headlights from Marshall is and all lights in the back from Lucas? Do you know, what means this ACI sticker? The car probably still was in the year 1955 in Italy.
Attached Images

post #65 of 379 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 09:21 AM

Stabilimenti Farina

Every part that was hand-made to fit the car is a candidate for numbering by Stabilimenti Farina, particularly if it was a part that would be removed after fitting so that it could go off for another operation, such as plating or polishing or upholstery or paint. This way, the coachbuilder would be immediately sure of which car the part belonged to when it returned from the finishing procedure.

Headlamps and related parts, if not by Carello or some Italian supplier, were very likely by Marchal. Certainly not Lucas at the time of the car's construction ... unless the customer made a specific request for some reason. Since your car spent a fair bit of time in the UK, it is not difficult to guess as to why Lucas parts might be in the car today?

The ACI sticker does imply that the car was still in Italy as of 1954 and perhaps into 1955.

All good clues and good things to be aware of.

Best of luck.

John de Boer
The Italian Car Registry
post #66 of 379 (permalink) Old 05-07-2008, 09:42 AM Thread Starter

instrument

I have instrument of unknown Italian cars. Manufacturer is Metron. Diameter 80mm. Above is Gasoline tank (60 litri), lower half oil pressure. On the left and on the right indicator lights.
post #67 of 379 (permalink) Old 05-07-2008, 10:44 AM

Metron

My impression is that Metron instruments were generally used in some commercial vehicles. Don't know who used them though. It is possible that they were available in the aftermarket? I've seen many different varieties at various Italian swap meets and have even picked up a couple that looked similar to Jaeger ... like they could be adapted for use if necesary.
post #68 of 379 (permalink) Old 05-07-2008, 11:07 AM

Posting #61 and women drivers ???

I've been meaning to ask why these photos are here in this thread? Why do you believe they are women? Some more setup or context is needed to inspire real research. Perhaps a different thread? There is probably a thread running somewhere (although maybe not on the AlfaBB) on this topic already?

The Cisitalia D46 is certainly wearing Swiss colors and has a distinctive modification or two. I'm not sure it is a woman driving despite the apparent pucker in the driving suit over his/her chest. Any more information available?

The Maserati A6GCS is probably Luigi Bellucci, probably on the Targa Florio 1955, probably in chassis 2097. Although Maria Teresa de Filippis was his co-driver, it does not look like she is at the wheel ... and although I haven't checked specifically, it does not look like her similar car, chassis 2084. They finished 9th o/a, some results having Bellucci listed as "E. Berlotti" for some reason. The car following is possibly another A6GCS, albeit rebodied by Scaglietti after an accident. If so, it is probably race #94, perhaps chassis 2049, perhaps with "Mancini" or "Benoit" at the wheel. They did not finish.
post #69 of 379 (permalink) Old 05-07-2008, 11:10 AM Thread Starter

I make tomorrow a photo and then continue to see we
post #70 of 379 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 08:50 AM Thread Starter

It is actually Anna Maria de Filippis with Targa Florio 1955 and in the second picture Swiss Rita Rampinelli. It reserved the fourth seat with Swiss championship 1955 in the category racing car.
post #71 of 379 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 08:53 AM Thread Starter

Metron scan

Metron scan
Attached Images

post #72 of 379 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 10:16 AM

Metron, Cisitalia and Maserati

Your Metron gauge is much fancier than most.

Rita Rampinelli? Then the Cisitalia D46 is probably chassis N. 034.

I wonder about the identification of "Anna Maria" on the 1955 Targa Florio. It is definitely "Maria Teresa de Filippis" who was the racer. It does not look like it is her in the car ... but it is hard to tell. She is still active in historic car circles today ... or at least until recently. She has or had a sister named "Anna Maria". She also had three brothers named Giuseppe, Antonio and Paolo. A couple of them were involved in motorsport as well but there is often confusion in print as to who did what, probably based on simple errors of assumption. Antonio appears as the owner of record for a number of interesting cars in historic documents. You can find websites today that state that some of his cars were owned by Maria Teresa. Beware!

I met with Maria Teresa about fifteen years ago and she told me that her first real race was the result of some sort of wager between her brothers, Giuseppe and Antonio, to determine if she could race cars as well as horses. They entered her in a hillclimb without her knowledge. It was June 1948 and she was in a Fiat 500B with race #102 at the first running of the "La Salerno - Cave dei Tirreni" ... She won the Turismo 750 category. She went on to race a great deal in Fiat 1100S, Urania, Giaur, OSCA, Lancia and several different Maserati racing cars. At the end there were some brief appearances in the Porsche-Behra F2 car and a Lotus Formula 1 before she gave up racing in 1959. She tested a Formula Junior once at Vallelunga and, whatever it was, she was not impressed with it. Her words, "faceva schiffo". There is a photo that appeared April 29 1959 in the Daily Express newspaper showing her sitting in a Stanguellini FJ. The caption says "Maserati". I never thought to ask if her sister, Anna Maria, had raced at all. I guess I should go and visit again with a new set of questions?

Here is Maria Teresa in her Urania before the start of the Aosta - Gran San Bernardo 1949. The photo is by Bertazzini and I am lucky to have a small collection of negatives.

John de Boer
The Italian Car Registry
Attached Images

post #73 of 379 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 10:25 AM

Anna Maria Peduzzi sometimes confused with Maria Teresa de Filippis?

It occurs to me that, for those who do not actually follow this stuff closely, then or now, there is and was the chance of confusing "Anna Maria Peduzzi", another well-known lady racing driver who did very well, with Maria Teresa de Filippis.
post #74 of 379 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 09:12 AM Thread Starter

It must be actually an error of author at that time (Auto year 1955-1956). On a side it writes team Bellucci de Filippis occupied 9.Place.
The heading to the photo: Anna-Maria de Filippis, as courageous Amazone, steers its Maserati 2-Liter in this hard running on the 14. Place
Original : Anna-Maria de Filippis, als mutige Amazone, steuert ihren Maserati 2-Liter in diesem harten Rennen auf den 14. Platz
post #75 of 379 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 09:16 AM Thread Starter

Material

Points you, which is for yellow material. I must make two buttons.
Attached Images

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode