Fiat 1500 Stabilimenti Farina - Page 4 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 379 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 01:26 AM

Salone Torino September 1948 catalogue

Probably the same car as that in Motor Italia of July 1948 ... earlier than the subject Fiat 1500D. Note also the additional examples referred to in the text under each show entrant.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 379 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 08:08 AM Thread Starter

Hello John,
I made my homework.
1) Engine number is: 1500D*046293*
2) Chassis NUMBER is: 1500D*045080*
3) Farina number is: 9057 with a pin on the seat written and numbers also hit
4) I must remove and carefully clean carburetors
5) The radiator I believe is series (however as new)
6) Can it be that the rear end ratio is 1:2,8? 5 revolutions at the wheel result in 14 revolutions on the Kardan
7) I bought the car from Mr. Ward from England, he has brought it from a dealer on the island of man and he has the car allegedly from Spain.

That is the announcement:

Make & Model Fiat 1500 D Convertible
Year 1949
Chassis Number 045080
Engine Number 046293
Engine Capacity 1500 cc
Transmissions Manual
Body Style 4 Seater convertible
Interior Colour Tabacco
Exterior Colour Dark Maroon
Seating Capacity 4
Wheels & Tyres Standard

Overall Comments
A rare opportunity to aquire an exotic piece of Italian motoring history. The car is believed complete bar the bumpers and in its original condition but as you can see needing full restoration. The vehicle is based in Lincoln, UK, and viewing can be arranged by prior appointment.

History
Coachwork designed by Micholotti, the head designer at Stablimenti Farina. Belived to be one of only two cars and originally supplied to Baron Von Reuter (Reuters news agency), the other was believed to have been supplied to Roberto Rossini for his soon to be wife Ingrid Bergram. Despite much correspondence and research these details can not as yet be confirmed. The Fiat found its way to the UK in the 1950's and has been with the current owner since the early 1990's.

Body
Tubular chassis, steel floors, and an aluminium outer skin all in need of restoration.

Mechanical
1500 cc straight six engine, manual gear box, tubular chassis and all believed complete but in need of restoration.

Interior
Beautifully designed interior with flutted leatherseats in Tabacco.

I dont know, from were he has the history.....

8) I do not have characteristics. I believe the car was last in France certified. Until today still yellow pears are in the headlights.
9) Now the car is brown. Among them remainders of a Aubergine lacquer finish are nearly black - (original lacquer). Then only pink putty and aluminum come.
10) The original interior equipment was from leather in tobacco color.
Attached Images

post #48 of 379 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 08:29 AM Thread Starter

Siata

I wrote the photos because of the Siata to Uruguay and from the company Hebmuler got. With the car is nearly nothing original. It was installed six cylinders an engine, wrong transmission and rear axle.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #49 of 379 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 10:08 AM

Stabilimenti Farina Fiat 1500

Thanks for the new information, the photos and the corrected engine number. The rear axle ratio you counted is highly unlikely. I suspect that both rear wheels were off the ground and were not turning the same amount. If you leave one wheel stopped (on the ground?) then you can make another count and then double the number arrived at to make up for the differential gear action. The standard ratio in the 1500E was 9/40 = 4.444 but your car could be somewhat different.

I see what appears to be writing on top of the shifter unit of the gearbox/transmission. What is written (cast) on that unit?

Your Stabilimenti Farina number (9057) places the car's build time as beng solidly in 1949, as suspected. I will work on updating the lists and see if anything more can be found. In the meantime ...

Here is another Stabilimenti Farina ad, showing a 1500E that is therefor a later chassis than your car. Body would also seem to be just a bit newer as well, but only period documentation (or the body number) might tell us for sure. The ad is from Auto Italiana 15 December 1949.
Attached Images

post #50 of 379 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 10:43 AM Thread Starter

Still another unknown quantity Fiat

The car was offered also with Ebay. In any case an interesting car.
Attached Images

post #51 of 379 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 11:12 AM

yes indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by iicarJohn View Post
Thanks for the details about the 1500D chassis and engine numbers.

Thanks also for the Siata Daina photos. Are you saying that the old black & white photos are the same car as the red one with the modified nose? That car has been reported to be chassis SL*0139.

The photos of the Fiat 1500D show the driver side door panel is removed. I would guess that somewhere in the parts that are revealed, the Stabilimenti Farina body number (or part of it) might appear without doing any more work at all.

Good luck.

John de Boer
The Italian Car Registry
Yes I have been in contact with him... "The guards are sheet metal , the rest is alloy
chassis SL0139
No offers pls
Cheers
Bernd "

Ferrari 330GT2+2 series 1, Fiat 1100SMM Pinin Farina,
post #52 of 379 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 11:19 AM

Pale blue Sport 1100 spider

Not a Cisitalia ... even if it looks like one.

If the seller is presenting the photo of Nuvolari on the MM as some sort of documentation as to the blue car's origins, then it should be stated that there are photos of the actual car (again, not Cisitalia) in action on the Mille Miglia a bit later. Without Nuvolari driving. Cool car. NOT Cisitalia.
post #53 of 379 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 11:20 AM

more on SL0139

engine bay and engine.
Attached Images

post #54 of 379 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 11:22 AM Thread Starter

Siata Daina

Straight ones I found the vehicle identification plate of the grey Siata Daina in my photos. The car has a Simca engine.
Attached Images

post #55 of 379 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 11:23 AM

what VIN?

Quote:

If the seller is presenting the photo of Nuvolari on the MM as some sort of documentation as to the blue car's origins, then it should be stated that there are photos of the actual car (again, not Cisitalia) in action on the Mille Miglia a bit later. Without Nuvolari driving. Cool car. NOT Cisitalia.

The dealer who has that car Christophe Pund, Has now changed it from a Cisitaliat prototype into a Fiat 1100S special.. Do you know what VIN it has John ?

Is it an S Chassis? 500???

Beutiful car.. Anyone know what Pund wants?

post #56 of 379 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 12:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by monte carlo View Post
With identification of photos that is a problem. Often one finds a photo without data. In Uruguay a Siata Daina (or which of it remained) is to sell with Farina body. I got the old photos, but none identification numbers.

Talk about turning a beautiful car into a POS! Sad...

It can be restored but the last time I checked on the asking price of the orange car, to "bring it back" would involve WAY too much money to be a viable thing to do...
post #57 of 379 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 12:20 PM
Banned

Quote:

It had a Stanguellini sticker on the nose recently. I'm sure it's not a Stanguellini either, but beyond calling it a "Fiat Special", I'm not sure what it ius....I do like it....
post #58 of 379 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 12:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by biz5300 View Post
The dealer who has that car Christophe Pund, Has now changed it from a Cisitaliat prototype into a Fiat 1100S special.. Do you know what VIN it has John ?

Is it an S Chassis? 500???

Beutiful car.. Anyone know what Pund wants?
I e-mailed Pund after I saw the pictures from Retromobile of the car. It had a large Stanguellini sticker on the nose. I'm not sure what it is beyond a "Fiat special". Pund told me the car sold at Retromobile, but didn't tell me the price or the name of the new owner...

The coachwork looks like it MIGHT be Motto to me...
post #59 of 379 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dretceterini View Post
It had a Stanguellini sticker on the nose recently. I'm sure it's not a Stanguellini either, but beyond calling it a "Fiat Special", I'm not sure what it ius....I do like it....
Evidently it was serviced by Stanguellini according little article about it in this months Classic and sportscar..

post #60 of 379 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 12:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by biz5300 View Post
Evidently it was serviced by Stanguellini according little article about it in this months Classic and sportscar..

Thanks! I hadn't seen the article as yet. Will pick up a copy of the magazine today...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode