Join Date: Apr 2008
I made my homework.
1) Engine number is: 1500D*046293*
2) Chassis NUMBER is: 1500D*045080*
3) Farina number is: 9057 with a pin on the seat written and numbers also hit
4) I must remove and carefully clean carburetors
5) The radiator I believe is series (however as new)
6) Can it be that the rear end ratio is 1:2,8? 5 revolutions at the wheel result in 14 revolutions on the Kardan
7) I bought the car from Mr. Ward from England, he has brought it from a dealer on the island of man and he has the car allegedly from Spain.
That is the announcement:
Make & Model Fiat 1500 D Convertible
Chassis Number 045080
Engine Number 046293
Engine Capacity 1500 cc
Body Style 4 Seater convertible
Interior Colour Tabacco
Exterior Colour Dark Maroon
Seating Capacity 4
Wheels & Tyres Standard
A rare opportunity to aquire an exotic piece of Italian motoring history. The car is believed complete bar the bumpers and in its original condition but as you can see needing full restoration. The vehicle is based in Lincoln, UK, and viewing can be arranged by prior appointment.
Coachwork designed by Micholotti, the head designer at Stablimenti Farina. Belived to be one of only two cars and originally supplied to Baron Von Reuter (Reuters news agency), the other was believed to have been supplied to Roberto Rossini for his soon to be wife Ingrid Bergram. Despite much correspondence and research these details can not as yet be confirmed. The Fiat found its way to the UK in the 1950's and has been with the current owner since the early 1990's.
Tubular chassis, steel floors, and an aluminium outer skin all in need of restoration.
1500 cc straight six engine, manual gear box, tubular chassis and all believed complete but in need of restoration.
Beautifully designed interior with flutted leatherseats in Tabacco.
I dont know, from were he has the history.....
8) I do not have characteristics. I believe the car was last in France certified. Until today still yellow pears are in the headlights.
9) Now the car is brown. Among them remainders of a Aubergine lacquer finish are nearly black - (original lacquer). Then only pink putty and aluminum come.
10) The original interior equipment was from leather in tobacco color.