Abarth 205 Berlinetta 1950 - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 2Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 08:48 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Vivace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,907
Garage
Seriously?
Interesting because this was likely taken in 1951 or '52. Does that still apply?
And thanks to you, now Mr Moncalvo has full credit for the photo.
I found this easily out on the innerwebs - it seems to be in the public realm.
My intent is merely to share this fine design with others out there.

I'm happy to delete if that is the consensus of the BB.

1967 1600 Spider
Vivace is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 09:23 AM
Registered User
 
spiderserie4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cologne, Germany
Posts: 6,976
just a simple google search brings up that fine photo.
No problems then to post it in a forum like this, in my opinion!
As a courtesy, one could write "photo by....."
(in fact on the rhs of that same photo is in big letters "Abarth & Co", so perhaps they hold the copyright)

what you cannot do is publish it in a book (and make money out of it) without getting copyright permission from the author, or in this case, from his heirs or estate.

Dom - Alfa Spider 1990 S4 - formerly: Alfa 101 Sprint, 2600 Sprint, Montreal - family classics: Jensen Interceptor II, '58 Hooper RR Silver Cloud I, Shadow II, '60 Corvette.
spiderserie4 is offline  
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 10:07 AM
Registered User
 
PG1964's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Turin, Italy
Posts: 1,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivace View Post
Seriously?
Interesting because this was likely taken in 1951 or '52. Does that still apply?
And thanks to you, now Mr Moncalvo has full credit for the photo.
I found this easily out on the innerwebs - it seems to be in the public realm.
My intent is merely to share this fine design with others out there.

I'm happy to delete if that is the consensus of the BB.
Vivace, I'm the archive curator. You 're infringing the EU legislation: all the images are protected by the copyright for 75 years after the author's death. So this image is protected until 2083. It is not in the public realms, we are summoning a lot of websites, photos by photos.
PG1964 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 10:15 AM
Registered User
 
PG1964's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Turin, Italy
Posts: 1,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderserie4 View Post
what you cannot do is publish it in a book (and make money out of it) without getting copyright permission from the author, or in this case, from his heirs or estate.
No, you're wrong. Abarth isn't the copyright owner. The copyright owner is who keeps the negative, and in this case, as many others, the archive keeps the original negative. The same for Foto Locchi and Dirk de Jaeger
The web isn't a public square where anybody can do everything they like without the permission.

Last edited by PG1964; 02-19-2019 at 10:19 AM.
PG1964 is offline  
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 12:47 PM
Registered User
 
tubut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 9,096
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivace View Post
Seriously?
Interesting because this was likely taken in 1951 or '52. Does that still apply?
And thanks to you, now Mr Moncalvo has full credit for the photo.
I found this easily out on the innerwebs - it seems to be in the public realm.
My intent is merely to share this fine design with others out there.

I'm happy to delete if that is the consensus of the BB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG1964 View Post
Vivace, I'm the archive curator. You 're infringing the EU legislation: all the images are protected by the copyright for 75 years after the author's death. So this image is protected until 2083. It is not in the public realms, we are summoning a lot of websites, photos by photos.

As much as it pains me to say so (because of the in-period documentary and therefore educational value of the image), for all I know, PG1964 is correct and his request to remove the picture should be granted -- without hesitation.

This web page provides an excellent overview of copyright of images and "fair use" practices. The summary on that page states: "When it comes to photos, when in doubt, assume it’s subject to copyright and don’t use it without the appropriate permission" (i.e get permission first, if possible). By extension, this means one should comply to a request for removing a picture by somebody who claims to have the copyright, or claims to represent a copyright owner. The easiest solution would be for the poster to remove the picture. PG1964 could also chose to report the post to the admins/moderators and have them remove the picture (I'm pretty sure they would comply) or he could take legal action. I appreciate he is using a friendly approach first.

Then again, I would hope PG1964 will keep his post #15 (with the picture) unchanged so that there is at least some evidence that this picture exists (and what the discussion fuzz about copyright was about).

-Ruedi
[SIZE="1"]'63 2600 Touring Spider (AR 191437, the car that started the 2000/2600 International Register, reassembly in progress)
ex-'65 2600 SZ (AR 856043, the car in my avatar, sold as resto project to Austria)
Maintainer of a private 2600 SZ register (not the one in the Netherlands).[/SIZE]

Last edited by tubut; 02-19-2019 at 01:48 PM.
tubut is online now  
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 02:41 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Vivace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,907
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG1964 View Post
Vivace, I'm the archive curator. All the images are protected by the copyright for 75 years after the author's death..
Fine, it's gone.

1967 1600 Spider
Vivace is offline  
post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 10:29 PM
Registered User
 
tubut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 9,096
Garage
It appears the silver car was shown at Geneva Motor Show 2019, in a feature exhibition of Abarth cars, see report here (in German).


-Ruedi
[SIZE="1"]'63 2600 Touring Spider (AR 191437, the car that started the 2000/2600 International Register, reassembly in progress)
ex-'65 2600 SZ (AR 856043, the car in my avatar, sold as resto project to Austria)
Maintainer of a private 2600 SZ register (not the one in the Netherlands).[/SIZE]

Last edited by tubut; 03-12-2019 at 08:16 AM.
tubut is online now  
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 10:46 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,761
I think that Abarth cars are great to look at but, are tiny compared to my 1961 Sprint Veloce. I rode in my friend's 904 Porsche and had a had time getting out of the car. I guess these cars are made for young people.
kuni123456 is online now  
post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 03:31 AM
Registered User
 
spiderserie4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cologne, Germany
Posts: 6,976
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubut View Post
It appears the silver car was shown at Geneva Motor Show 2019, in a feature exhibition of Abarth cars

most were part of the Möll collection of racing abarths, now in new ownership.

quite a collection too!
https://www.classicdriver.com/en/art...on-abarths-one

the silver 205, otoh, is from my friend's collection.

Dom - Alfa Spider 1990 S4 - formerly: Alfa 101 Sprint, 2600 Sprint, Montreal - family classics: Jensen Interceptor II, '58 Hooper RR Silver Cloud I, Shadow II, '60 Corvette.
spiderserie4 is offline  
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 12:20 PM
Registered User
 
spiderserie4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cologne, Germany
Posts: 6,976
the tiny silver 205A was invited to Goodwood festival of Speed.....
"Overall winner" at the Cartier Style et Luxe Concour d'elegance...not bad, and we're certainly pleased!

https://www.goodwood.com/grr/event-c...style-et-luxe/

Dom - Alfa Spider 1990 S4 - formerly: Alfa 101 Sprint, 2600 Sprint, Montreal - family classics: Jensen Interceptor II, '58 Hooper RR Silver Cloud I, Shadow II, '60 Corvette.
spiderserie4 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Abarth 1000 OT spider... real? Abarth 850 Other Italian Cars 74 01-16-2019 04:20 PM
Fiat 500 Abarth Rotors & Volvo 240 Calipers on Alfetta tomhenneka Suspension, Steering, Brakes, Wheels & Tires 14 05-16-2018 08:35 PM
Fiat 131 Abarth 035 156GTASelespeed Other Italian Cars 23 08-23-2011 12:09 PM
Fiat 1100 B Sirca Milano? dott.cisitalia Other Italian Cars 99 04-28-2011 02:22 AM
Another unknown exotic Alex Other Italian Cars 19 05-22-2007 10:34 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome