1958 Fiat 1200 Spider TV - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-22-2018, 09:22 AM Thread Starter

Garage
1958 Fiat 1200 Spider TV

Does any member have one of these cars that would be willing to forward pictures and answer questions concerning placement of parts and originality? I am currently restoring one such model, that came to me partially disassembled, so lots of questions. According to Fiat Storica, there were only 2360 produced, and there is little information available. I would be very appreciative if an owner would be willing to help in this regard. I also have a lot of spare parts that I will make available as soon as I complete this project. These include: front frame clip with brakes and suspension elements, rear axel assembly with brakes and suspension, 4 speed transmission, convertible top frame assembly, gas tank, steering wheel, heater assembly, heater fan assembly, pair of rocker trim spears, emergency brake assembly, two doors with glass assembly, trunk deck lid, engine hood, transmission tunnel metal, headlight trim bezel, one seat assembly, complete with base mechanism that allows seat to rotate, and many small misc. bits. I have had no luck posting on the Fiat Owners site, so I am reaching out to my fellow Alfista for help. Thanks for any leads and or assistance.

Vern in Oregon
1955 Sprint
1956 Spider
1958 Spider
1959 Sprint Veloce
1987 Spider Quad
1958 Fiat 1200 Spider TV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 05:15 PM

Garage
I have a friend with this exact car. I've asked him to contact you.

1967 1600 Spider
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-24-2018, 12:11 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Vivace,

Thanks for your help, if your friend would rather contact me directly, my email is : [email protected]. Also, adding to my first post, when looking over my spare parts cache, I also have a spare set of front and rear bumpers, complete with over riders, and a spare instrument cluster with the ribbon speedo.

Vern in Oregon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-25-2018, 11:29 PM

I had one of these a few years back. It was a 1959 with a ribbon speedo and plastic wheel. Do you have all the Bakelite stuff- dash knobs, door handle trim, and most unobtainium of all, the gear shift knob?

Phil
'62 Giulietta Sprint Normale
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-26-2018, 08:16 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Phil,

I have two of the black plastic trim rings for the door and window hardware, I do not have a gear shift knob. I also have a set of the knobs for the dash controls. I am looking for any of the parts that make up the windshield washer fluid reservoir, including the mounting bracket.

Vern in Oregon
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-26-2018, 04:02 PM

It's not impossible to find these parts-I located a complete washer bottle (glass with lid and printed text intact) on ebay Italy (search "lavacristallo). I resold it on ebay (it was too nice to use on my car and I had an ok one already) to a guy in New York who had buyer's remorse and wanted to back out of the deal (if you're reading, you know who you are!).

Phil
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-26-2018, 06:10 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Phil,

Any chance you might have this fellows contact information? Who knows, he may have what I am searching for.

Vern
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-26-2018, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 750sprint View Post
Phil,

Any chance you might have this fellows contact information? Who knows, he may have what I am searching for.

Vern
Sorry, Vern. no chance. It was 8 or so years ago.
Phil

Phil

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode