Abarth Allemano 2200 coupé - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By lurani

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-10-2018, 07:18 AM Thread Starter

Abarth Allemano 2200 coupé

Hi to all italian car experts,

I recently found this Abarth Allemano 2200 Coupé (FIAT 112*045141*), one of the 28 cars made!

The car was left over 40 years in a garage and over this time rust became a close friend of its coachwork. The car is not beyond hope but there is a lot of work to do. The car has an old "CH" sticker, so may be the first ownership was in switzerland. I would be thankful for any kind of information about the Abarth Allemano Coupés.

(Unfortunately the instruments and the three Weber 40 DCOE are missing.)

Kind regards Lurani
Attached Images

jschnueckel likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-10-2018, 12:34 PM
PSk

Send a message via AIM to PSk Send a message via Yahoo to PSk
Cool. Watching with interest

Pete

'71 1750 Series 2 GTV:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
156 Series 1 v6 ... and remember it's all just opinions
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-13-2018, 09:18 AM

Abarth 2200 Allemano 045141

Complimenti!

This discovery means we can now identify 11 similar examples from Abarth (by chassis number, as Abarth "2200", "2300" or "2400") that were bodied by Allemano in coupe and convertible forms. We also have some descriptive information about an additional 15 or more examples that are likely to be Allemano. As always, I hope to learn the engine number and the Allemano body number as well as record any specific history that is known for any of these cars.

Based on the chassis number alone, we can guess the car was built 1961 and based on some Abarth ledger data that seems to show cars for which a "Cerfificato d'Origine" was issued, (this chassis number not appearing) we can postulate that the car was not intended to be sold in the Italian market. This is not definitive simply because a Certificato d'Origine could have accompanied the chassis from Fiat or could have been issued by certain other entities in Italy. It would be quite "normal" for an export-market car to not have received a "Certificato d'Origine".

What is the source of the "28 made" claim? One owner of such a car claimed his car was "one of twelve" when it was advertised almost 40 years ago. Of course, he might have been claiming "one of 12" based on criteria more exclusive than merely "Abarth six cylinder Allemano"?

Best of luck!

John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-14-2018, 02:09 PM

Lightbulb Next Abarth 2200

Hi, two years ago, I bought a Abarth 2200 Coupe and now I am looking to get any more detail information about this car. A couple of years ago my one came from US over Belgium to Germany (1962 / black, golden leather inside, boranis). We are in the middle of a full restoration... And of course, some parts are missing...

@John: wow, sounds that you are a real 2200 expert!
@lurani: Let's talk about our new passion -> Restoration of an Abarth 2200 :-)
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-28-2018, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurani View Post
Hi to all italian car experts,

I recently found this Abarth Allemano 2200 Coupé (FIAT 112*045141*), one of the 28 cars made!

The car was left over 40 years in a garage and over this time rust became a close friend of its coachwork. The car is not beyond hope but there is a lot of work to do. The car has an old "CH" sticker, so may be the first ownership was in switzerland. I would be thankful for any kind of information about the Abarth Allemano Coupés.

(Unfortunately the instruments and the three Weber 40 DCOE are missing.)

Kind regards Lurani
Hi Lurani,

well, if you don't start this restoration project by yourself. Let me know. I am interested to buy your Abarth to finish my own Allemano 2200 project.

Best
Jens
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-29-2018, 11:17 AM

Fiat & Abarth 2200/2400/2300 etc.

I am no expert! I have collected data over a long period of time and there is much (MUCH!) more to learn.

Here is an inadequate listing. If only more people would share!

Please?
Attached Images
File Type: pdf ABARTH2200highlights-iicarNotes2018-09-29.pdf (19.9 KB, 123 views)
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 02:20 PM

Abarth 2200

Hello,
I'm looking for an Abarth 2200 to be restored; if someone has any information...
Thank you,
Yves
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-12-2019, 06:11 AM

Bonjour,
Je ne me suis pas présenté en postant mon premier message.
Je ne suis pas un "marchand" de voitures, juste un amoureux de belles italiennes des années 60.
Je possède une Fiat 2300s qui est actuellement en restauration, mais je recherche depuis quelques temps une Abarth 2200, modèle que je trouve sublime. Malheureusement, vu le montant de sa cote actuelle, je dois me contenter d'un modèle à restaurer, ce qui ne me déplaît pas d'ailleurs !
Je viens d'en rater une de peu qui était sur le site classictrader et qui venait d'être vendue lorsque j'ai appelé....
Donc voilà je serais très heureux s'il y en a une qui venait un jour à croiser mon chemin....
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-12-2019, 06:16 AM

Hello,
I did not show up by posting my first message.
I am not a "dealer" of cars, just a lover of beautiful Italian 60s.
I already have Fiat 2300s that is currently in restoration, but I look for some time for an Abarth 2200, model that I find sublime. Unfortunately, given the amount of its current rating, I have to settle for a model to restore, which I do not dislike!
I just missed one that was on the site classictrader and had just been sold when I called ....
So here I would be very happy if there was one exemplary which came one day to cross my path ....
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 02:29 AM

To Allemano lovers, I sell my 3rd 1500!
Engine is not the exciting Lampredi 6 cylinders but the body is the best one in my mind!
Needs attention but well preserved!

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 08:11 AM

Your 1500 is wonderful !!

'64 Guilia Spider
'67 GTV
'68 Giulia Super

Conservatives-we work hard, so you don't have to !

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode