LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-17-2018, 01:02 PM
Gold Subscriber

Yes. I am in KC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-17-2018, 02:03 PM

Cool.

If there is enough interest, I would like to organize (ideally as part of a team of maybe 2-4 people) a meet.

- First spend several weeks to a couple of months gathering interest -- see who is interested, as well as when and where;
- Once we have a group of people, choose a location and date that works for the largest number of people possible.

A lot of car clubs pick a location and a date and then say "who wants to attend?" I am hoping that by seeing who wants to first and then picking the date and location based on the group, we can have the largest and most enthusiast group possible.

The agenda could be determined by the number of people and their interests. Some ideas I have, just brainstorming, suggestions -- open to all ideas:

- Location to have some scenic point of interest for an informal/relaxed car show/concours.
- Group rate at a hotel
- Maybe a weekend -- just a Saturday-Sunday; maybe plan it so people have the option of just a Saturday night stay, or can arrive Friday night if they choose. Finish up with enough time for people to drive home Sunday evening?
- Scenic tour/drive in the area
- Select a few unique, character-ful restaurants for lunch/dinner
- Have some time set aside for parts swapping (people who want to can bring stuff). Put participants in touch with each other prior to the event so people can post parts for sale and wanted and connect prior to the event.
- Leave lots of time to just socialize and enjoy our cars together.
- Maybe attend a local car show on either day.
- If we get a dozen or more, invite lots of automotive media -- various online and print publications such as Petrolicious, Jalopnik, Road & Track, etc.; if any show up, give them a warm welcome. For how relatively unknown Lancia is in the United States, I think there is a good amount of love or at least curiosity for Lancia among the motoring press and knowledgeable enthusiasts. The number of people who own or are interested in owning a Lancia are limited by a lack of knowledge of the cars; knowledge is limited by lack of publicity and outreach. An event that has a dozen or more Lancias is a unique thing and would be a great point of interest for a classic car journalist.

Just some ideas. Open to whatever would interest the most people.

If we could get 12-24 cars, I think it would be fantastic. But if it were only 4-5, I would still drive six hours +/- to get together with a group!

Last edited by Tony K; 05-17-2018 at 02:07 PM.
post #18 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-03-2018, 01:17 PM

I'm up for a midwest gathering. I've wanted to attend the ALC West Coast reunion but it's just too far a drive.

I'm located near St. Louis and have a Fulvia coupe.

-Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-03-2018, 01:36 PM

Sunday, while on my way to the bookstore, low-and-behold a nice Fulvia in factory rallye colors passed me going in the other direction! Alas, he was well gone before I decided I should turn around and chase him down. It's been years since I knew of another vintage Lancia owner here. Who'da thunk it . . . ?

Jim . . . '72 Super 1300, '70, 1750GTV, 2nd series,
'62, Lancia Flaminia Zagato3c, 2nd series
post #20 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-03-2018, 07:08 PM

What about a midwest Lancia reunion say in Brown County, southern Indiana? About 5 hrs away from everyone... beautiful roads. I have a friend with a 1929 Packard and they are doing a classic car run down there, so they may know places to go/stay.
post #21 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 03:17 PM

That would work for me.

-Mike
post #22 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-21-2018, 09:36 AM

Meanwhile, there will be an ALC East Coast Reunion
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 2018 ALC SAVE THE DATE 2 (1).pdf (120.2 KB, 37 views)
76Satisfaction likes this.

Ed
1970 Lancia Fulvia 1,6 HF
post #23 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 07:35 PM

Okay, waking this thread up . . .

I would be good for Brown County, Indiana. I am 100% interested in planning an event for this season. May I suggest August or September?

Geoffrey? Mike? Brockr?

On a related note, both to a gathering and to this thread, I recently re-joined the American Lancia Club. I thought I was going to be able to make it to the East Coast Reunion, but wasn't able to. However I was warmly greeted by Richard Lynn, and am looking forward to being part of the club. If the club needs someone to energize it, they have an energetic, albeit busy, new member in me. I will be reaching out to Richard to hopefully discuss a Midwest gathering.

I would encourage every single Lancia owner in North America to join the ALC. The two reasons I have heard from people as to why they don't join are 1) that the club doesn't do anything, and 2) that some Beta owners felt marginalized years ago. . . . Well, if everyone who didn't join because there were not enough activities joined, then the club would have a bunch of people who want to do activities, and activities would happen. And as for the pre-FIAT era snobs, I suspect most of them are either dead, too old, or have come around over the years. I would give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

I would love to see the ALC flourish. Everyone who is not a member, please join -- any club anywhere becomes and is what its members are and do. If you join, you will be the club, and the club will be what its members make of it.

So . . who's in for a gathering this year?
post #24 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-23-2019, 01:17 AM

Garage
One of the most interesting collections I know of (and worked on) belonged to a fellow I started racing with, in the late 1960's- Armand Giglio Former President of LCA. The collection included a 1936 Lancia Astura 3rd Series Cabriolet, B20 coupe, B24 Spyder, Flaminia, Flavia convertible, an Early series Lancia Lambda (do not remember which series) Stratos, Lancia Fulvia HF 1300?
The car I enjoyed the most was a Lancia Degrada Formula Junior. (quite the exhaust note with the modified crossflow head). We did the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix at Schenley Park in the 80'S. The Stratos was quite a hoot to drive at Lime Rock Race circuit in the rain!!! Most of the turns were drifts...
Armand hosted annually Picnics at his home for many years. quite a few cars would participate.
Armand is now in his late 80's most of the collection has been sold off and he still maintains his B20.

Lancia Dagrada

A few photos attached
Attached Images

The older I get.. the faster I was....
Tom
post #25 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 08:47 AM

As an LMC UK member and also committee member, we try to be as inclusive and open to suggestions as possible.

This is a link to the "open" section, feel free to browse. The forum had been open to all to use about 12 years ago but things got a little out of hand and access was then restricted to registered members only.

General Chat

Currently the club has well over 1000 members and several hundred use the forum, quite a few threads on restoration projects, problem solving and model specific sections.

Let me know if you want me to put anything forward to our committee without treading on the ALC's toes!

P

Last edited by Parisien; 03-01-2019 at 09:04 AM.
post #26 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parisien View Post
As an LMC UK member and also committee member, we try to be as inclusive and open to suggestions as possible.

This is a link to the "open" section, feel free to browse. The forum had been open to all to use about 12 years ago but things got a little out of hand and access was then restricted to registered members only.

General Chat

Currently the club has well over 1000 members and several hundred use the forum, quite a few threads on restoration projects, problem solving and model specific sections.

Let me know if you want me to put anything forward to our committee without treading on the ALR's toes!

P
i've always thought it would would be nice if the lmc had a sort of reciprocal agreement for forum usage with the alc. the uk forum is very active and it would be beneficial to share knowledge and experience between the two clubs. access to the lmc forum could be a really good thing for both clubs.
our most active forum, lancisti.net , allows anyone to join, after the applicant has been accepted by the forum moderator, and we have some lmc members posting there regularly. it's good to have the diversity of members from other clubs, and makes a better experience for enthusiasts.

brian
s1 fulvia sport, s3 appia vignale
post #27 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 09:11 AM

Just to give you a flavour of my restoration project!

As found note the wrong seats and the lack of a grill! A few parts missing ( but very hard to source), ie no seats, no grill, substitute front and rear indicators, the key went walk about from Portugal to N Ireland!

P
Attached Images

post #28 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 09:21 AM

To fill in, from late 2011 to 2019, the guy who was transporting the car from Porto, Portugal to N Ireland went out of business with the car in his possession in England, the first guy who took on the body work was pretty slow and then suffered a heart attack, a second search for someone else, who then said he'd have it done in 6-9 months, 5 years later its a weeks worth of work off being ready to paint! Engine has been restored in Wales, UK and my body/paint guy is from Hungary, but living 12 miles away!

P
Attached Images

post #29 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 09:38 AM

A few more, now you've collectively dried your eyes at the amount of hurt one car can inflict on one human being!

P
Attached Images

post #30 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 09:41 AM

you going to shoe horn that into the little appia? :^)

brian
s1 fulvia sport, s3 appia vignale

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode