1952 Siata Daina Coupe - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2007, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

1952 Siata Daina Coupe

I am looking for other owners of this model (1952 Siata Daina Coupe) as I have one in fully-restored condition. It is nearly impossible to find out much about this as so few were made.

Anyone got one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2007, 09:38 AM

Siata Diana Information

There is hope for more information of the Siata Diana production though no actual records have ever been recovered. I believe the earliest chassis known is SL0102 and the latest to date discovered is SL 0330.
John de Boer's 'Italian Car Register' is a a valuable source of information and there is a new Encyclopedia Etceterini by Alessandro Bruno (IT) which has further information. To date this is only published in Italian and French but an English version may be available next year.
You could also contact the Blackhawk Collection in CA - they have had there fair share of Siata over the years and may be able to help.
Sorry - I don't own a Diana so I cannot help with the practical stuff.
Good Luck
Old 09-08-2007, 11:57 AM

Siata Daina Coupe

May be you would like to look at the former unrestored car here: http://www.koch-klassik.de/com/index.php
http://www.koch-klassik.com/restaura...il.php?sid=128

Mr. "Alleggerita" from Antwerpen owns another one I guess.

Last edited by Peter L; 09-08-2007 at 12:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2007, 01:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiataCoupe View Post
I am looking for other owners of this model (1952 Siata Daina Coupe) as I have one in fully-restored condition. It is nearly impossible to find out much about this as so few were made.

Anyone got one?
Peter Zobian in Cambria California has had 2 or 3 of them. His e-mail is: [email protected]

There were also a small number of notchback coupes made.

History Models of Italy has made models of the notchback coupe and the spider, but not of the fastback. Grand Prix Models in England is the only English speaking place in the world that I know of that carries History Models brand..

http://www.grandprixmodels.co.uk/sho...t=None&c=&#res

Last edited by dretceterini; 09-08-2007 at 01:12 PM.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:41 PM

A friend of my father's owns a perfect one, or at least he did have about 5 years ago when I last saw it. Lovely little car with a love-it-or-hate-it nose, as I remember. Sorry but don't have any photos. This car was featured in Auto Italia magazine some years ago. Good luck!

Alex.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

Actually the pics above are not the one I have. Here is a pic of an unrestored one:

http://www.autonetclassic.nl/COVERS/...riaensens3.jpg
Old 09-10-2007, 06:12 AM

Does not Tony Adriaensens Fiat 8V book contain some Siata info, even on the Daina? I only wish I had the money to buy a copy...
Old 09-10-2007, 08:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Actually the pics above are not the one I have. Here is a pic of an unrestored one:

http://www.autonetclassic.nl/COVERS/...riaensens3.jpg

That is a picture of the notchback coupe. I believe only a handful were made with this body, and I have never seen one in person. All the ones Peter Zobian had were fastbacks.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBoekman View Post
Does not Tony Adriaensens Fiat 8V book contain some Siata info, even on the Daina? I only wish I had the money to buy a copy...
Unfortunately, I can't afford Tony's fantastic Fiat 8V/Siata 208 book either. I have seen a copy, and if I remember correctly, it only really covers the 8 cylinder cars. A.Fornai did a soft cover book on all Siatas that is pretty good in 2002. His e-mail is: [email protected] He also has done a similar book on Moetti, and a few on various Italian coachbuilders. I may have an extra copy of the Siata book somewhere amongst my piles of stuff that needs to get filed
Old 10-04-2007, 02:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dretceterini View Post
That is a picture of the notchback coupe. I believe only a handful were made with this body, and I have never seen one in person. All the ones Peter Zobian had were fastbacks.
Yup. I think 12 were made and 3 or 4 are left that I know of. Any idea what something like this might be worth and how I would best go about selling it? Christies? Hemmings? Ad in Podunk, Iowa Daily Observer?
Old 10-04-2007, 07:08 PM

Quote:
...Any idea what something like this might be worth and how I would best go about selling it? Christies? Hemmings? Ad in Podunk, Iowa Daily Observer?
I don't know if it covers the notchback as well, but the Cars That Matter price guide says this about prices for the Daina coupe:
cond. 1: US$ 60,000
cond. 2: US$ 42,000
cond. 3: US$ 30,000
cond. 4: US$ 21,000

As far a venue is concerned, I'd rule out Podunk, and Christie's seems to have ruled itself out--they folded their car auction department 2 weeks ago (some of their top personnel went to Bonhams). But I'd think that auction is still the best way to go, probably in one of the European auction venues (Monaco in May?).

Ed
1970 Lancia Fulvia 1,6 HF
Old 10-04-2007, 10:02 PM Thread Starter

The model is question appears to be rare enough that auction is probably the realistic way... I don't think it can compare to the larger production runs.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1,6 HF View Post
I don't know if it covers the notchback as well, but the Cars That Matter price guide says this about prices for the Daina coupe:
cond. 1: US$ 60,000
cond. 2: US$ 42,000
cond. 3: US$ 30,000
cond. 4: US$ 21,000

As far a venue is concerned, I'd rule out Podunk, and Christie's seems to have ruled itself out--they folded their car auction department 2 weeks ago (some of their top personnel went to Bonhams). But I'd think that auction is still the best way to go, probably in one of the European auction venues (Monaco in May?).
Your prices are much to low. A restored Diana spider S/N with a 302 Ford stuffed in, but otherwise in excellent condition, is for sale at 95,000 EUROS at Koch Klassik!!
Old 11-10-2007, 01:47 AM

Sorry Stu,

I know, Koch is located in Heilbronn, Germany, but his pricefindings are from the moon sometimes .....
He asked for round about 580.000 $ for his Fiat Otto Vu ( only looking for wealthy people with no knowledge ?)

Peter L

P.S. You recogniced what he did to the Fiat 2300 Ghia Abarth?

Last edited by Peter L; 11-10-2007 at 01:51 AM.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter L View Post
I know, Koch is located in Heilbronn, Germany, but his pricefindings are from the moon sometimes .....
He asked for round about 580.000 $ for his Fiat Otto Vu ( only looking for wealthy people with no knowledge ?)

Peter L

P.S. You recogniced what he did to the Fiat 2300 Ghia Abarth?

I heard a rumor of a Fiat 8V Zagato recently selling for something like $900,000 US, so $580,000 is big money, but not totally insane, if this is true!!

As to the Abarth Ghia 2300, I hate people who bastardize cars to suit their own taste

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in