1952 Siata Daina Coupe - Page 11 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #151 of 156 (permalink) Old 02-05-2016, 07:51 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikey View Post
Hello all,
A friend of mine bought this unusual car about a year ago.
It has a Mercedes-Benz chassis, engine, gearbox, and differential.
( w187 type 220, 1952)
We still don't know who was responsible for the body. Because there are some similarities to the Siata I replied to this this tread, hoping there is someone who knows more about it.
The car is most definitly not a converted Lancia Aurelia as many people think.
It has a separate chassis,and inner wings, bulkhead, floors, and steel dashboard are totally different from the Aurelia. Doors are different in size. Front windscreen stand much steeper at the Aurelia. So it's not an Aurelia.
But if someone could point us in the right direction it would be much appreciated.
Many thanks
Since nobody else replied, let me chime in:
First of all, I think this car deserves its own thread -- so, don't hesitate to start one in this forum.
Secondly, the car seems to have Italian styling, reminding me of some work Michelotti did for/with Ghia Aigle, but the lines at tail end and the use of existing lights indicate it could also be an "in the style of" hobby project.

I understand that Mercedes (similar to what Alfisti can get from Alfa Romeo) may have an archive where owners can obtain information about build and sales dates and where the car first was sold to. Have any of these records been checked?

-Ruedi
[SIZE="1"]'63 2600 Touring Spider (AR 191437, the car that started the 2000/2600 International Register, reassembly in progress)
ex-'65 2600 SZ (AR 856043, the car in my avatar, sold as resto project to Austria)
Maintainer of a private 2600 SZ register (not the one in the Netherlands).[/SIZE]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 156 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 03:22 PM

Siata Daina

SL 0102 for sale in Swizerland
post #153 of 156 (permalink) Old 07-31-2016, 01:30 PM

Siata plates

I find that many Siata owners and restorers need a high-quality replacement Vehicle ID plate or Oil plate for their projects. This is often because many of our cars have had engine replacements that have required modifications to the bulkhead where the plates were once mounted

My goal is to produce plates as close to original as possible and that requires that the stamping of the word “SIATA” is correctly embossed. Most reproductions have letters that are flat instead of elevated in the middle of the font. The graphics on the originals were rolled, a method not common today. We’ve employed a high-precision laser engraving system that is far improved from other printing methods and the results are quite extraordinary. Else it has the same imperfectness as the originals. Engraving depth is ca. 0,2 mm.

I have no profit motive here, if I make one for myself I might as well make a few more for other hobbyists. I’ll be selling either an Oil plate for 99€ or the VIN plate for 45€ plus shipping which roughly covers the cost of the limited production (and surely not the costs of the design work).

I’m just about to place my order, so I need to know if you’re interested within in the next two weeks. Please respond to this email so I can add you to the list of purchasers. Payment can be done via pay pal or bank transfer within the EU.

I’ve also reproduced the number stamps needed for the VIN plate in the correct font and size, so stamping of your data is also possible upon request.

Michael

PS for pictures please send me a PM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #154 of 156 (permalink) Old 08-01-2016, 08:20 PM

Hello Michael,

I believe you'll find the originals were acid-etched to give the relief that is evident. Is your laser-engraving process going to produce a truly authentic appearance?

John
post #155 of 156 (permalink) Old 05-28-2018, 05:52 AM

Does anyone know what happened to or present status of Dick Irish Siata Daina coupe that won it's class at Sebring?

Thanks!
post #156 of 156 (permalink) Old 06-01-2018, 11:52 AM

Dick Irish's car

Hi 56alfaspider,

I think you're referring to Mr. Irish's Siata Gran Sport (not coupe). Here is an image of the car, there are additional ones on the cliffreuter.com site.
Attached Images

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode