Fulvia located - Page 5 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 98 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007, 10:49 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
KraigG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Posts: 118
This past Friday night I was at a cruise night in Northridge with the Fulvia, and a guy approached, and starting asking the usual questions. He spent about 30 min looking at the car, and asking more questions. He came back about an hour later with his girlfriend to see the car, and he told me he's going to look for one of his own, he thinks that highly of the Fulvia. We may have another convert in the LA area soon!
KraigG is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 98 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007, 11:19 PM
Registered User
 
1,6 HF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: West Hollywood, CA
Posts: 3,964
fantastic; yet another convert (they really are that seductive). there's nothing else with that combination of engineering, build quality, driving refinement, looks, heritage, and rarity (in the US) for as little as it costs for a good example. (don't believe that? name something.)

Ed
1970 Lancia Fulvia 1,6 HF
1,6 HF is offline  
post #63 of 98 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 01:59 PM
Registered User
 
FANALONE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Carson California
Posts: 830
Send a message via Skype™ to FANALONE
Lancia Fulvia coupe S1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KraigG View Post
This past Friday night I was at a cruise night in Northridge with the Fulvia, and a guy approached, and starting asking the usual questions. He spent about 30 min looking at the car, and asking more questions. He came back about an hour later with his girlfriend to see the car, and he told me he's going to look for one of his own, he thinks that highly of the Fulvia. We may have another convert in the LA area soon!
Hello Kraig I will have my Fulvia for sale when it arrives to Los Angeles soon. this is a Lancia Fulvia Coupe 1966. full restore it should arrive in six weeks if you are interested or any one is let me know. adan
Attached Images
     

Lancia Fulvia 1.2HF 1966. Lancia Fulvia coupe 1.2 w/1.6HF 1st 1966. Lancia Fulvia Berlina GTE 1.3 1969. Alfa Romeo GTV 2000 1972. WWW.LALANCIA.COM
FANALONE is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #64 of 98 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 02:02 PM
Registered User
 
FANALONE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Carson California
Posts: 830
Send a message via Skype™ to FANALONE
more

Quote:
Originally Posted by FANALONE View Post
Hello Kraig I will have my Fulvia for sale when it arrives to Los Angeles soon. this is a Lancia Fulvia Coupe 1966. full restore it should arrive in six weeks if you are interested or any one is let me know. adan
more pictures
Attached Images
     

Lancia Fulvia 1.2HF 1966. Lancia Fulvia coupe 1.2 w/1.6HF 1st 1966. Lancia Fulvia Berlina GTE 1.3 1969. Alfa Romeo GTV 2000 1972. WWW.LALANCIA.COM
FANALONE is offline  
post #65 of 98 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 10:39 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
KraigG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by FANALONE View Post
Hello Kraig I will have my Fulvia for sale when it arrives to Los Angeles soon. this is a Lancia Fulvia Coupe 1966. full restore it should arrive in six weeks if you are interested or any one is let me know. adan
Looks nice. Is it a 1.2? What are you going to ask for it?
KraigG is offline  
post #66 of 98 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 11:41 AM
Registered User
 
shaunpond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by KraigG View Post
This past Friday night I was at a cruise night in Northridge with the Fulvia, and a guy approached, and starting asking the usual questions. He spent about 30 min looking at the car, and asking more questions. He came back about an hour later with his girlfriend to see the car, and he told me he's going to look for one of his own, he thinks that highly of the Fulvia. We may have another convert in the LA area soon!
Am feeling a mite jealous of all the Fulvias down in Southern California! I know of one other Coupe here in the Bay Area, and a couple of sedans. I'm sure there are more; I just haven't figured out where they are yet.

We took our Series One on the California Melee this last weekend. 50+ 1975 or earlier cars, 800 miles or so on some great roads, was great fun. Had the only Lancia, and I think we surprised some people with how well it kept up with larger displacement machinery.

Our snapshots of the event are at: http://fulviacam.phanfare.com/2007

Some much better pics, include a couple of good shots of the Fulvia, are at Craig Howell's site at: http://www.thecreeper.net/calmelee11/

Shaun Pond
1967 Lancia Fulvia Coupe Rallye 1.3
1962 Austin Healey 3000
shaunpond is offline  
post #67 of 98 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 12:41 PM
Registered User
 
1,6 HF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: West Hollywood, CA
Posts: 3,964
Hi Shaun,

I'm glad that you're keeping the flame alive up north. I saw some shots of the Melee, but none that showed your Fuliva (I was looking for it); I'll check out the ones you indicate.

And as of yesterday, there's yet another Fulvia down here--a Fulvia Sport 1600 (S2 Zagato) just imported from Belgium by another Lancista.

Ed
1970 Lancia Fulvia 1,6 HF
1,6 HF is offline  
post #68 of 98 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 10:27 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
KraigG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Posts: 118
I've always wanted to do the California Melee. Isn't it also limited to cars that are worth $2000 or less, or some sort of low cost? I seem to remember when I researched it many years back that was one of the stipulations.
KraigG is offline  
post #69 of 98 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 10:59 PM
Registered User
 
shaunpond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by KraigG View Post
I've always wanted to do the California Melee. Isn't it also limited to cars that are worth $2000 or less, or some sort of low cost? I seem to remember when I researched it many years back that was one of the stipulations.
Hi KraigG,

The Melee's only limitation is that the car must be produced before 1976, and that it be sporting and interesting enough for the organizers to want it in their event.

This year, there was everything from a 90+ point XKE roadster to a $300 Spitfire, from a clean Ferrari 308 GT to a very well patinated Opel Kadett, and pretty much everything you can imagine in between. It was bags of fun.

The Melee is a "low buck" event (compared with some other old car events) in that the participants overnight in cheap, no star motels and don't have lunch in wineries. But nobody sleeps on these things much anyway, so the accommodations aren't that important. And keeping the cost of the event down to a few hundred bucks means a more diverse and interesting group of entries.

There's what I believe to be a similar event occurring in Southern California next month: the SoCal TT500, on October 7-8. I'm hoping to re-arrange my schedule so I can make that, as it's supposed to be as much fun as the Melee.

Regards

Shaun Pond
1967 Lancia Fulvia Coupe Rallye 1.3
1962 Austin Healey 3000
shaunpond is offline  
post #70 of 98 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 11:05 PM
Registered User
 
shaunpond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 177
KraigG:

After I posted, it occurred to me that there are two events up here that DO have dollar limits on entries: Martin Swig's Double 500 and/or Jay Lamm's 24 Hours of Lemons.

Both of these do try to impose a $500 purchase limit on the cars.

A number of the people who run the Melee enter these events as well, but not in the same cars they take on the Melee.

Shaun Pond
1967 Lancia Fulvia Coupe Rallye 1.3
1962 Austin Healey 3000
shaunpond is offline  
post #71 of 98 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
KraigG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Posts: 118
Hi Shaun.

The SoCal TT500 sounds like a lot of fun, however, I'll be in New Mexico that weekend for the Balloon Fiesta

I saw on the website you posted pics of the Alpine 500, and noticed at least two cars I recognize from recent ebay auctions: the purple Triumph TR6, and the light blue Fiat 1500 Spider.

Do folks wring their cars out so much during these runs that they can't wait to unload them afterwards??

I think your Fulvia is the first I've seen with black CA plates. Nice!
KraigG is offline  
post #72 of 98 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 01:51 PM
Registered User
 
shaunpond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by KraigG View Post
I...noticed at least two cars I recognize from recent ebay auctions: the purple Triumph TR6, and the light blue Fiat 1500 Spider.

Do folks wring their cars out so much during these runs that they can't wait to unload them afterwards??
Hi KraigG,

Could be. But there may some other factors:

1. Folks planning on moving on to another project or car seem to hang on to their Melee-eligible cars til after each year's event. Probably a "one last fling" type of thing.

2. Some people may use the fact that the car finished ~800 miles of spirited driving over three days as a demonstration to potential buyers of the vehicle's basic soundness and reliability. Kind of a variation of the "race on Sunday, sell on Monday" sales strategy.

As we all know, there are a lot of infrequently driven cars for sale that look cosmetically great, but which just don't go, stop, handle or hang together mechanically as well as they should. And not everybody on the Melee thrashes their car during the event...

3. The Melee is just so much fun that I know of some people who have purchased eligible cars especially for the event, with no intention of hanging on to the vehicle afterwards.

Doesn't really matter, does it? It's the driving that's the thing.

Regards.

Shaun Pond
1967 Lancia Fulvia Coupe Rallye 1.3
1962 Austin Healey 3000
shaunpond is offline  
post #73 of 98 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 11:57 AM
Senior Member
Platinum Subscriber
 
sfalfa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: San Francisco, Ca.
Posts: 2,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by KraigG View Post
Hi Shaun.

The SoCal TT500 sounds like a lot of fun, however, I'll be in New Mexico that weekend for the Balloon Fiesta

I saw on the website you posted pics of the Alpine 500, and noticed at least two cars I recognize from recent ebay auctions: the purple Triumph TR6, and the light blue Fiat 1500 Spider.

Do folks wring their cars out so much during these runs that they can't wait to unload them afterwards??

I think your Fulvia is the first I've seen with black CA plates. Nice!
I can shed some light on the blue Fiat spider - it was purchased by Martin Swig (who organizes the "real" California Mille and the Double 500). He said cars are like kittens - he see's one he likes and he has to take it home. He couldn't resist it, so I imagine he plans on keeping it in his collection. He disappeared after the send off - I think the car died before he had a chance to leave the 415 area code!

Shaun's Fulvia is freaking gorgeous! (Hi Shaun!!), he has to keep swatting me away from it like a gnat, every time he parks it at a local event.

I've had my Alfetta for 8+ years now - and this was it's second Melee (and my fourth), so no, not everyone disposes of their cars after the event. This year I got squirrelly-sideways on the gravel road and dinged my bumper and front fender - but the car kept going! The rally "patina" look has actually started to grow on me...

Jeff B.

'69 Lancia Fulvia Rallye 1,3 S
gone but not forgotten
'79 Alfetta Sprint Veloce/'77 Alfetta Sedan /'76 Alfetta Sedan/'75 Alfetta Sedan
sfalfa is offline  
post #74 of 98 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 01:49 PM
Registered User
 
shaunpond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfalfa View Post
I can shed some light on the blue Fiat spider - it was purchased by Martin Swig (who organizes the "real" California Mille and the Double 500). He said cars are like kittens - he see's one he likes and he has to take it home. He couldn't resist it, so I imagine he plans on keeping it in his collection. He disappeared after the send off - I think the car died before he had a chance to leave the 415 area code!

Shaun's Fulvia is freaking gorgeous! (Hi Shaun!!), he has to keep swatting me away from it like a gnat, every time he parks it at a local event.

I've had my Alfetta for 8+ years now - and this was it's second Melee (and my fourth), so no, not everyone disposes of their cars after the event. This year I got squirrelly-sideways on the gravel road and dinged my bumper and front fender - but the car kept going! The rally "patina" look has actually started to grow on me...
Hi Jeff!

I heard from David about Martin's abbreviated Melee. It wasn't that the Fiat broke -- it was something about a car popping up somewhere in the 707 area code that he was interested in buying. You know, the kitten thing...

Where/when did you ding the Alfetta? I didn't notice anything major when I was drooling over your car in the parking lot in Fort Bragg, so I think the rallye patination look works. And what did you do to it to make it sound so sweet?

Regards

Shaun Pond
1967 Lancia Fulvia Coupe Rallye 1.3
1962 Austin Healey 3000
shaunpond is offline  
post #75 of 98 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 02:46 PM
Registered User
 
don hodgdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Posts: 624
Send a message via AIM to don hodgdon Send a message via Yahoo to don hodgdon
Just read through this thread and I'm falling in love with these cars

Something I noticed this on Craigslist earlier this week,

http://santabarbara.craigslist.org/prk/416571130.html

Don - '85 GTV6 (sold)/'98 V70 XC
don hodgdon is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome