Fulvia located - Page 4 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 98 (permalink) Old 09-01-2007, 10:29 AM Thread Starter

Well, got the little puppy fired up. Holy crap, it runs great!!! The synchros seem to be pretty worn, but as long as I take it easy between shifts, it seems fine. Had it to a cruise night last night in Northridge, and it sure attracted it's share of attention. Spent an hour cleaning out the garage last night in sweltering heat, but managed to squeeze it in up against the wall. I now have 3 cars in a 2 car garage!
I'll take it to the body shop where Ann had her 280SL painted in Van Nuys. Those guys seen to know what they're doing. I forgot to mention that I was so pissed at the truck driver, that I refused to pay the $1000 fee. My parting words to him: Go ahead, take me to court! I don't think I'll hear from him again
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 98 (permalink) Old 09-01-2007, 11:34 AM

Kraig,

Looks GREAT! The Campys look perfect on it. Looking forward to seeing it in person tomorrow.

Ed
1970 Lancia Fulvia 1,6 HF
post #48 of 98 (permalink) Old 09-01-2007, 07:48 PM

Gez, what a great looking car! I had a trucking company do the exact same thing to a car I bought a few years back. Every since then, I do not allow them to off load the truck with out me or one of the guys in the seat or ground guiding it off the the truck. None the less, that is one cool car. There's one here locally I see from time to time that the owner has done some extensive suspension upgrades. It sits a little different (lower) but it cuts the turns like a knife.

1967 Giulia Super
1967 Duetto
1972 Spider
1972 GTV
1973 GTV
1974 GTV
1959 Lancia Flaminia GT
1 very understanding wife!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #49 of 98 (permalink) Old 09-02-2007, 12:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by akitaman View Post
Gez, what a great looking car! I had a trucking company do the exact same thing to a car I bought a few years back. Every since then, I do not allow them to off load the truck with out me or one of the guys in the seat or ground guiding it off the the truck. None the less, that is one cool car. There's one here locally I see from time to time that the owner has done some extensive suspension upgrades. It sits a little different (lower) but it cuts the turns like a knife.
Thanks!

As a kid growing up in Japan, we had an Akita dog. In Japan, the accent is put on the first "a", where in the US, the owners put the accent on the "ki". The full name for them in Japan is akita-ken, named after the prefecture where they orginated. Great dogs!
post #50 of 98 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 07:00 AM

Hi Kraig. Your right, great dogs. My wife and I have owned (or rescue society adopted them) for over 20 years. We've always enjoyed there company. We were suprised at how many rescue groups there are in your area (L.A.).

1967 Giulia Super
1967 Duetto
1972 Spider
1972 GTV
1973 GTV
1974 GTV
1959 Lancia Flaminia GT
1 very understanding wife!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #51 of 98 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 10:38 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by akitaman View Post
Hi Kraig. Your right, great dogs. My wife and I have owned (or rescue society adopted them) for over 20 years. We've always enjoyed there company. We were suprised at how many rescue groups there are in your area (L.A.).
My girlfriend is a dog breeder, and we're well aware of the great things that the local rescue groups do.

You might say you're doing your part in helping rescue fine Italian machinery!
post #52 of 98 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 12:41 PM

Kraig, just out of interest, how did you locate this car? Looking on the internet it is hard to find them in classifieds in the US other than the occasional ebay appearance.
Cheers, John
post #53 of 98 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 12:44 PM
Platinum Subscriber

Kraig,

The car looks great. Congrats. Did my friend Jim end up buying your Honda? He mentioned to me last week that was going to look at it after leaving our shop.
post #54 of 98 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 10:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwiokie View Post
Kraig, just out of interest, how did you locate this car? Looking on the internet it is hard to find them in classifieds in the US other than the occasional ebay appearance.
Cheers, John
I actually found it on this forum. The former owner is a big Alfa fan, and he had posted that he was selling the car sometime back in March. I just searched old threads and found his email adress, and wrote him.

Sometimes, you just have to do some detective work!
post #55 of 98 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 10:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by italcarguy View Post
Kraig,

The car looks great. Congrats. Did my friend Jim end up buying your Honda? He mentioned to me last week that was going to look at it after leaving our shop.
Anthony:

Was that Jim Rad-something in Simi? He called me, and I told him to come over right away, and that I had a couple of interested parties. By the time he called me back later that day, I had already sold the car to a guy nameed Erik who works for American Honda Motor in Torrance.
post #56 of 98 (permalink) Old 09-04-2007, 12:04 AM
Platinum Subscriber

Yes, that's the same Jim. Sounds like it went to a good home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KraigG View Post
Anthony:

Was that Jim Rad-something in Simi? He called me, and I told him to come over right away, and that I had a couple of interested parties. By the time he called me back later that day, I had already sold the car to a guy nameed Erik who works for American Honda Motor in Torrance.
post #57 of 98 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

Some new pics of the Fulvia. This has quickly turned into one of my favorite cars, and everytime I take it somewhere, people want to know what it is. Most think it's an Alfa, some have even commented it looks like an old BMW 2002.
Attached Images

post #58 of 98 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007, 05:24 PM

It is a great great looking car. I was at the Portland ABFM last weekend drooling over all sorts of British vehicles (mostly Elans, I feel a need for a 2nd Lotus in the garage) when a close to mint Fulvia pulled into a parking spot on the grass. Absolutely magnificent - and compared to most of the British stuff - a real gem.

The fellow that owns was very happy to own it - he just got it because he knew the previous owner and it was for sale - not because he was looking for one. I do not blame him - it looks great...

Past: '88 Spider
Present: '69 GTV, '67 GT Jr.
post #59 of 98 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007, 08:18 PM

That's an S2--maybe '71 or '72?--and very nice (even with the wood dowel for a hood prop). And they're as sweet to drive as they are to look at; maybe not the fastest cars on the road, but utterly viceless handling.

Ed
1970 Lancia Fulvia 1,6 HF
post #60 of 98 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007, 08:30 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to FANALONE
as always a beauty to drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1,6 HF View Post
That's an S2--maybe '71 or '72?--and very nice (even with the wood dowel for a hood prop). And they're as sweet to drive as they are to look at; maybe not the fastest cars on the road, but utterly viceless handling.
this cars are always fun to drive, and very rare to see in this side of the globe. it is good to see them even more in Los Angeles area.
Attached Images

Lancia Fulvia 1.2HF 1966. Lancia Fulvia coupe 1.2 w/1.6HF 1st 1966. Lancia Fulvia Berlina GTE 1.3 1969. Alfa Romeo GTV 2000 1972. WWW.LALANCIA.COM

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode