Lancia Fulvia Monte Carlo - Page 8 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #106 of 133 (permalink) Old 09-02-2007, 06:51 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 518
It does look for sure an S2/3 transmission tunnel
AllthingsZagato is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #107 of 133 (permalink) Old 09-02-2007, 06:07 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
FANALONE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Carson California
Posts: 830
Send a message via Skype™ to FANALONE
can you

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncundy View Post
Yes, strange old car that. Mixture of many things. Electric fan and brake servo not Fanalone (both S2/3) - no oil cooler and a mix and match dash. Tacho is not S3 - probably not even Lancia. It has a tell tale - S3 didn't, the only Lancia ones with tell tales went to 10,000 rpm. Yet it is a S1 shell - you can tell by the heater and fuse box. and it has Fanalone doors.
A closer look would be needed before parting for any money for this. Turning it back into a "normal" Fanalone would probably be an expensive job.
can you post more pictures of your car. I would love to see it. adan

Lancia Fulvia 1.2HF 1966. Lancia Fulvia coupe 1.2 w/1.6HF 1st 1966. Lancia Fulvia Berlina GTE 1.3 1969. Alfa Romeo GTV 2000 1972. WWW.LALANCIA.COM
FANALONE is offline  
post #108 of 133 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 01:04 AM
Registered User
 
ncundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 218
Hi Adan,
Here are some:
Before I collected it from Venice:
Bodyshell before going to coachbuilders:
Bodyshell on return from coachbuilders:
Restored subframe just about to go in:
Restored rear suspension just about to go in:


I am currently restoring the interior, locks, window mechanisms, door cards etc - so I don't have much to show for the last 6 months work!
Attached Images
     

1969 Lancia Fulvia Fanalone
ncundy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #109 of 133 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 01:09 AM
Registered User
 
ncundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 218
There some more photos here: http://geocities.com/[email protected]/index.html

A couple of others for variety:
My fathers 1954 Aurelia (first owner Mike Hawthorn, part of his salary for driving for Ferrari in 1954) and my fathers 1927 Alvis 12/50 Ducksback

We had a good education !!! Now I am trying to teach my son, early signs are promising but he is only 1 !
Attached Images
  

1969 Lancia Fulvia Fanalone
ncundy is offline  
post #110 of 133 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 04:57 PM
Registered User
 
GiuliaSprintGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Milan, Italy
Posts: 304
Hello. Just few things about the real Montecarlos.
The main thing to recognize a real one is the body with rear larger flares (the same of HF1,6 S2 "fanalino"), but with some important differences:the tail metal sheet (the one with the license plate and the backlights) on the Montecarlo is perfectly flat, while on the Coupè and on 1600 HF is convex. The same sheet on the normal coupès has in its lower part a rectangle in relief (embossed) which marks the hole for the towing hook. The Montecarlo does not have this rectangle.

On the blue car, the number of the chassis 818.630 is correct, but please note: that number identifies all the S2 and S3 coupès, and is not
enough to recognize a real Montecarlo, which was only a "limited edition" and not a model with a specific code.

Always about the blue car, the number of the engine 818.302 is not correct: the Montecarlo should have the engine 818.303. Maybe someone replaced the engine with an older one...

About the 818.140 head, do not get confused with the engine 818.140 which is specific for the HF 1200. Lancia adopted the same code for two different parts and this caused in time a lot of confusion... Anyway, for the engine 818.302, the 818.140 head is the correct one.

Lancia has built 4400 Montecarlos both in the S2 type 1972-73 (like the one posted by "fanalone" in this thread) and in the S3 type 1974-76 (like the "pazzo22"'s one): the S3 has the front grille and the headlight frame in matt black, the rear "Fulvia 3" badges, a rear fog light under the number plate and a Marelli AEC 103 B electronic ignition with Marelli BAE 203 A coil, (which were optionals on the normal coupé)..

While the Montecarlo 2 has been built only in red-black version, the Montecarlo 3 based on Fulvia 3 / 74-76 has been built in four versions:
- red (Rosso Corsa Italia)-matt black
- blue (Azzurro Corsa Francia)-matt black
- yellow (Giallo Corsa Olanda)-matt black
- green (Verde Corsa Inghilterra)-matt black
(please note that this car has never been built in the orange-black version...)
I have the codes for all these paints.

If you like, the best site to get some informations about the Fulvia is:
http://www.alma.it/vanzettip/fulvia/fulviai.html
(in italian).

I hope I did give you some useful infos. Sorry for my poor english...
Bye
Antonio

- 1964 AR Giulia Sprint GT - 1969 Lancia Fulvia Sport Zagato 1,3S - 1971 Fiat 500 L
(Green - White - Red: the perfect italian garage!)

Last edited by GiuliaSprintGT; 11-11-2007 at 04:16 PM.
GiuliaSprintGT is offline  
post #111 of 133 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 07:47 AM
Registered User
 
hufo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 18
Lancia Fulvia

Hy im from Austria,,I hat te opportunity to buy last week one of my dream cars.
Its a Lancia Fulvia 1.3 ,3rd series

serie chassis:0077103
serie motor:0129810

Can you tell me exactlywhat type it is ,because in the registration papers doesnt appear the fabrication year.
It was imported to Austria from Italy.Has special unique registration from the Vienna import authorities.
I buyed it near Vienna and I send it with a platform 1200km to my hometown in Romania.

I want to restore it because its rutsy,and i need parts ,bodyparts .Do you know somewhere bodyparts to order?

thank you very much
your sincerly
Horea Hundorfean
Attached Images
 

Last edited by hufo; 11-18-2009 at 07:53 AM.
hufo is offline  
post #112 of 133 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 09:46 AM
Registered User
 
1.6 HF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: West Hollywood, CA
Posts: 3,964
Horea,

Congratulations on the purchase, and welcome to the forum.

To confirm what you have, we'll need the type numbers, as well as the serial numbers. In other words, you should have the following:
chassis: 818.630.0077103
motor: 818.303.0129810

If those are correct, and if you have gauges with black numbers on whaite faces, then you do have a "Fulvia 3" (which everyone calls a "Series 3", but is officially a variant of the Series 2). Fulvias don't have their date of manufacture stamped anywhere, but judging by the chassis number, yours was probably built in 1975.

Good luck with the body restoration. Fulvia body panels aren't very complex, so any good body shop should be able to fabricate repair panels. Which is a good thing, as there are very few sources for Fulvia body panels. But you might try one of these:
Biondi pressed sheet manufacturer for epoca car
Fulvia>Outside Panels

Ed
1970 Lancia Fulvia 1,6 HF
1.6 HF is offline  
post #113 of 133 (permalink) Old 11-19-2009, 08:04 AM
Registered User
 
hufo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 18
Hy Ed,
On the back is written Lancia ..........Fulvia 3.
I have the series in the motor room .Does exist any series anywhere else? (cabin perhaps)?
Can you tell me what type of radiocassette is the 1975 Fulvia equiped?
Thanks for the links.

my series,what in note from the car carroserie (stamped)
chassie:818630-0077103
motor: 818382-22703353

In the car papers are :
chassis: 818.630.0077103
motor: 818.303.0129810


Thnaks for your help

sincerly H.H



That means the motor was changed because the series are not the same.
Is it a Montecarlo?

Last edited by hufo; 11-22-2009 at 03:59 AM.
hufo is offline  
post #114 of 133 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 04:21 PM
Registered User
 
Il Vecchio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: near Pasadena, CA
Posts: 1,258
Anybody see this? No connection, etc.

Lancia shirt

1966 Giulia Super (current)
1966 Giulia Super (R.I.P.)
1967 GTV (R.I.P.)
1955 1900CSS (R.I.P.)
Il Vecchio is offline  
post #115 of 133 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 05:47 PM
Registered User
 
1.6 HF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: West Hollywood, CA
Posts: 3,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by hufo View Post
Hy Ed,
On the back is written Lancia ..........Fulvia 3.
I have the series in the motor room .Does exist any series anywhere else? (cabin perhaps)?
Can you tell me what type of radiocassette is the 1975 Fulvia equiped?
Thanks for the links.

my series,what in note from the car carroserie (stamped)
chassie:818630-0077103
motor: 818382-22703353

In the car papers are :
chassis: 818.630.0077103
motor: 818.303.0129810


Thnaks for your help

sincerly H.H

That means the motor was changed because the series are not the same.
Is it a Montecarlo?
Horea,
Sorry, I didn't see this until today.

Your motor was definitely changed. You should have the 1.3S (818.303), but at some point yours was changed for the 1.3 (non-S). I believe if you look closely you'll see that yours says 818.302, not 818.382.

There's no way to tell if it's a Montecarlo from the chassis number. The Fulvia '3' Montecarlo has flared wheel arches (the steel itself is flared--not add-on plastic arch extensions), a 3-spoke steering wheel, special Carello fog lamps (rectangular, with ribbed chrome housings and yellow lenses), and satin black hood and trunk lid with Montecarlo stickers.

Of course, it's possible to make a regular Fulvia look like a Montecarlo, but it's not as easy as it sounds. Obviously it's easy to add the steering wheel, paint the hood and trunk lid black and add the stickers. It's less easy to flare the wheel arches; most replicas don't bother doing this. Not everyone liked the looks of the special fog lamps (they're "very '70s"), so some Montecarlos have had them removed. This means it is possible to have a real Montecarlo without them. But it's nearly impossible to find replacements; the style were available only on the Montecarlo--not aftermarket--and I've only seen one pair for sale (eBay.it) in the past 5 years.

What that all means is this: if an 818.630 Fulvia has flared arches, the special Carello fog lamps, the 3-spoke steering wheel, and the black hood/trunk, it's almost certainly an original Montecarlo. If it has all those except the special fog lamps, it's probably an original Montecarlo. If it doesn't have flared arches it certainly isn't an original Montecarlo.

And, yes, it would have been much easier if Lancia had assigned the Montecarlo its own chassis type...

Ed
1970 Lancia Fulvia 1,6 HF

Last edited by 1.6 HF; 11-27-2009 at 05:49 PM.
1.6 HF is offline  
post #116 of 133 (permalink) Old 11-28-2009, 04:18 AM
Registered User
 
hufo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1,6 HF View Post
Horea,
Sorry, I didn't see this until today.

Your motor was definitely changed. You should have the 1.3S (818.303), but at some point yours was changed for the 1.3 (non-S). I believe if you look closely you'll see that yours says 818.302, not 818.382.

There's no way to tell if it's a Montecarlo from the chassis number. The Fulvia '3' Montecarlo has flared wheel arches (the steel itself is flared--not add-on plastic arch extensions), a 3-spoke steering wheel, special Carello fog lamps (rectangular, with ribbed chrome housings and yellow lenses), and satin black hood and trunk lid with Montecarlo stickers.

Of course, it's possible to make a regular Fulvia look like a Montecarlo, but it's not as easy as it sounds. Obviously it's easy to add the steering wheel, paint the hood and trunk lid black and add the stickers. It's less easy to flare the wheel arches; most replicas don't bother doing this. Not everyone liked the looks of the special fog lamps (they're "very '70s"), so some Montecarlos have had them removed. This means it is possible to have a real Montecarlo without them. But it's nearly impossible to find replacements; the style were available only on the Montecarlo--not aftermarket--and I've only seen one pair for sale (eBay.it) in the past 5 years.

What that all means is this: if an 818.630 Fulvia has flared arches, the special Carello fog lamps, the 3-spoke steering wheel, and the black hood/trunk, it's almost certainly an original Montecarlo. If it has all those except the special fog lamps, it's probably an original Montecarlo. If it doesn't have flared arches it certainly isn't an original Montecarlo.

And, yes, it would have been much easier if Lancia had assigned the Montecarlo its own chassis type...


Hey Ed,
I buyed the car near Vienna (austria).The guy couldnt told me much about the car.He didnt changed the motor for sure.
This are standard wheels witch it is equiped ,just oridinary steel.
The Steering wheel is 3 spoke.
and the originalcolour is black and red.
He repainted it very bad,if i exfoliate the paint unterneeth it is black on the hood and trunk.
In the original Papers ( german Typenschein) the car doesn't have the Carello lights.Somebody took the off because in Austria you have to say why do you need extra Lights,when you import the car.

Can you tell me the year when it was build?

what means an 1.3 motor (not S)???

newer type? Older type? standard motor?

Many thanks

Last edited by hufo; 11-28-2009 at 04:23 AM.
hufo is offline  
post #117 of 133 (permalink) Old 11-28-2009, 10:09 AM
Registered User
 
pazzo22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 69
post some picture of you car your engine number is wrong no big problem in Italy is easy to find old engine 300/700 euro
the engine 382 number is wrong the never made that number maybe is 818 282
pazzo22 is offline  
post #118 of 133 (permalink) Old 11-28-2009, 10:13 AM
Registered User
 
hufo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 18
I posted it before

up
hufo is offline  
post #119 of 133 (permalink) Old 11-28-2009, 10:19 AM
Registered User
 
pazzo22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 69
Look the ex Montecarlo of Alan and you can see if is or not a Montecarlo for starting point
http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/othe...e-carlo-3.html
pazzo22 is offline  
post #120 of 133 (permalink) Old 11-28-2009, 11:06 AM
Registered User
 
1.6 HF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: West Hollywood, CA
Posts: 3,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by hufo View Post
Hey Ed,
I buyed the car near Vienna (austria).The guy couldnt told me much about the car.He didnt changed the motor for sure.
This are standard wheels witch it is equiped ,just oridinary steel.
The Steering wheel is 3 spoke.
and the originalcolour is black and red.
He repainted it very bad,if i exfoliate the paint unterneeth it is black on the hood and trunk.
In the original Papers ( german Typenschein) the car doesn't have the Carello lights.Somebody took the off because in Austria you have to say why do you need extra Lights,when you import the car.

Can you tell me the year when it was build?

what means an 1.3 motor (not S)???

newer type? Older type? standard motor?

Many thanks
As I said in the previous post, missing fog lamps are not unusual for a Fulvia Montecarlo. Original satin black paint on the hood is a good sign. I can see from the photo that it does have flared wheel arches, so I'd say it might be an original Montecarlo. But Montecarlos did not have bumpers, so I'd look for some clues or some documentation that yours were added later. Because if they're original, I cannot be a genuine Montecarlo.

As I said in Post #112, it was probably built in 1975, but I can't be sure of this.

There's not much difference between the 1.3 (818.302) and 1.3S (818.303) engines. The 1.3 makes 87hp @ 6000rpm / 83lb/ft @ 4500, while the 1.3S makes 90hp @ 6200 rpm / 84lb/ft @ 5000. But, as Pazzo says, you can easily find an 818.303 engine if you want to put it right.

Ed
1970 Lancia Fulvia 1,6 HF

Last edited by 1.6 HF; 11-28-2009 at 11:13 AM.
1.6 HF is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome