Lancia Fulvia Monte Carlo - Page 7 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 133 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 12:50 AM
Registered User
 
1,6 HF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: West Hollywood, CA
Posts: 3,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by KraigG View Post
These are totally cool cars! Where can I find one to buy? And I'm not necessarily looking for a Monte Carlo, but a nice stock one. They remind me of the old Nissan Silvia of the same era.

Does the front wheel drive inhibit its performance? Not a big fan of FWD.
As to your first question, you'll have to look pretty hard to find one as nice as Adan's Montecarlo; it started out really nice, and he's made it even better. It's getting a little tricky to find one; it's harder to find a good one in the US than in Italy, but it's harder to ckeck out the condition of a car long distance. And you'll want to stick with a good car--don't buy a 'project'; if at all possible, have a prospective purchase checked out by someone who really knows Fulvias. And there's really no comparison with a Nissan Silvia; next to a Fulvia, the Silvia is an oxcart.

It's harder to answer your second question politely. I can only assume that you've never driven a Lancia Fulvia coupe or a Beta coupe. Or, for that matter, a Honda CRX or a Saab 9-3 Aero.

On the track, FWD has some serious disadvantages--for really high horsepower applications it's impossible. On the street, however, it's a whole different matter. A couple of weekends ago, I had my Fulvia HF (if you don't know, think of it as a Montecarlo on steroids) on a road event with a real mix of cars. On a twisty section at the western end of Mulholland Drive, the 356 in front was holding me up, the Diablo behind couldn't stay with me, and I wasn't really pushing.

Ed
1970 Lancia Fulvia 1,6 HF
1,6 HF is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 133 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 07:47 AM
Registered User
 
pazzo22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 69
is one for sale on ebay look under lancia fulvia '
is white and the price is 6500
pazzo22 is offline  
post #93 of 133 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 09:37 AM
Registered User
 
1,6 HF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: West Hollywood, CA
Posts: 3,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by pazzo22 View Post
is one for sale on ebay look under lancia fulvia '
is white and the price is 6500
that car, and its apparent shortcomings, is being discussed on the "eBay Fulvia" thread. personally, I wouldn't go anywhere near it, even if it wasn't overpriced.

Ed
1970 Lancia Fulvia 1,6 HF
1,6 HF is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #94 of 133 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 11:26 AM
Registered User
 
KraigG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by pazzo22 View Post
is one for sale on ebay look under lancia fulvia '
is white and the price is 6500
Yeah, I've seen that one. While I like the concept, I don't think that one is the car for me. The price is fine, the condition is not!
KraigG is offline  
post #95 of 133 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 11:28 AM
Registered User
 
KraigG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1,6 HF View Post
As to your first question, you'll have to look pretty hard to find one as nice as Adan's Montecarlo; it started out really nice, and he's made it even better. It's getting a little tricky to find one; it's harder to find a good one in the US than in Italy, but it's harder to ckeck out the condition of a car long distance. And you'll want to stick with a good car--don't buy a 'project'; if at all possible, have a prospective purchase checked out by someone who really knows Fulvias. And there's really no comparison with a Nissan Silvia; next to a Fulvia, the Silvia is an oxcart.

It's harder to answer your second question politely. I can only assume that you've never driven a Lancia Fulvia coupe or a Beta coupe. Or, for that matter, a Honda CRX or a Saab 9-3 Aero.

On the track, FWD has some serious disadvantages--for really high horsepower applications it's impossible. On the street, however, it's a whole different matter. A couple of weekends ago, I had my Fulvia HF (if you don't know, think of it as a Montecarlo on steroids) on a road event with a real mix of cars. On a twisty section at the western end of Mulholland Drive, the 356 in front was holding me up, the Diablo behind couldn't stay with me, and I wasn't really pushing.

So, Ed, how come I never see your car out at VCR on Sunday mornings? Calabasas isn't that far from West Hollywood. and last Sunday, which was Supercar Sunday, there had to have been at least 500 cars there. Even Jay Leno showed up
KraigG is offline  
post #96 of 133 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 06:01 PM
Registered User
 
PeterC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Redwood City, CA
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by KraigG View Post
Does the front wheel drive inhibit its performance? Not a big fan of FWD.
No ... my Fulvia doesn't show any of the usual nasty FWD effects -- no pulling on the wheel when you apply throttle, etc. Actually, really nice steering is one of the Fulvia's best points, in my opinion.

I suppose part of the reason is that the 1300 engine doesn't have all that much torque ... but then neither did the BMC Mini, and that had/has horrible FWD characteristics.

(Or nice FWD characteristics, if you like that sort of thing ... oops I could be offending people here!)

Peter
PeterC is offline  
post #97 of 133 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 09:34 PM
Registered User
 
1,6 HF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: West Hollywood, CA
Posts: 3,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by KraigG View Post
So, Ed, how come I never see your car out at VCR on Sunday mornings? Calabasas isn't that far from West Hollywood. and last Sunday, which was Supercar Sunday, there had to have been at least 500 cars there. Even Jay Leno showed up
What? when? where? I'll drop by. Reply by private message, thanks.

Ed
1970 Lancia Fulvia 1,6 HF
1,6 HF is offline  
post #98 of 133 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 10:03 PM
Registered User
 
KraigG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Posts: 118
Anyone who's in Southern California needs to come out to the VCR for some fun on Sunday mornings (and that includes FANALONE):

www.supercarsunday.com
KraigG is offline  
post #99 of 133 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 09:29 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
FANALONE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Carson California
Posts: 830
Send a message via Skype™ to FANALONE
see you there

Quote:
Originally Posted by KraigG View Post
Anyone who's in Southern California needs to come out to the VCR for some fun on Sunday mornings (and that includes FANALONE):

www.supercarsunday.com
see you there. this sunday. adan

Lancia Fulvia 1.2HF 1966. Lancia Fulvia coupe 1.2 w/1.6HF 1st 1966. Lancia Fulvia Berlina GTE 1.3 1969. Alfa Romeo GTV 2000 1972. WWW.LALANCIA.COM
FANALONE is offline  
post #100 of 133 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 11:44 PM
Registered User
 
KraigG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by FANALONE View Post
see you there. this sunday. adan
I'm looking forward to meeting you, and seeing the Montecarlo. I'll be in the Rosso Corsa 1981 Ferrari 400i.

-Kraig
KraigG is offline  
post #101 of 133 (permalink) Old 08-05-2007, 12:38 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 6,681
See you guys in the morning. I'll be there around 8:00 with my brother's GTV. Adan, call me when you get there. I'll be there with Manuel and Haig.
italcarguy is offline  
post #102 of 133 (permalink) Old 08-12-2007, 03:56 PM
Registered User
 
KraigG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Posts: 118
Looks like Adan was down at C & C this past Saturday.

Frank got some nice shots of your car:

http://www.frank4cars.fotki.com/c--c...-coffee-81107/
KraigG is offline  
post #103 of 133 (permalink) Old 09-01-2007, 12:44 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 121
There are usually a selection of Fulvia's for sale at this site although most are in Europe. www.anamera.com

There are two Fanalone's listed right now.
kiwiokie is offline  
post #104 of 133 (permalink) Old 09-01-2007, 01:22 PM
Registered User
 
1,6 HF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: West Hollywood, CA
Posts: 3,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwiokie View Post
There are usually a selection of Fulvia's for sale at this site although most are in Europe. www.anamera.com
There are two Fanalone's listed right now.
Anamera's a good search site. The two Fanalones for sale right now are very different propositions:

Oldtimer Gallerie Topfen wants about US$54,000 for theirs, but I'm frankly a little suspicious of it. The gearbox hump and shift lever look like an S2/S3--not an S1, and the white tach is obviously from an S3. This may be a franken-Fanalone; I'd want a good photo of the chassis stamp on the cowl before I'd believe it's real.

Smiths-Veglia has a beautiful one, no apparent issues; judging by the photos and the audio tracks of the engine, you probably won't find a better one anywhere. But they're asking over US$82,000.

Ed
1970 Lancia Fulvia 1,6 HF
1,6 HF is offline  
post #105 of 133 (permalink) Old 09-02-2007, 01:43 AM
Registered User
 
ncundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 218
Yes, strange old car that. Mixture of many things. Electric fan and brake servo not Fanalone (both S2/3) - no oil cooler and a mix and match dash. Tacho is not S3 - probably not even Lancia. It has a tell tale - S3 didn't, the only Lancia ones with tell tales went to 10,000 rpm. Yet it is a S1 shell - you can tell by the heater and fuse box. and it has Fanalone doors.
A closer look would be needed before parting for any money for this. Turning it back into a "normal" Fanalone would probably be an expensive job.

1969 Lancia Fulvia Fanalone
ncundy is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome