Lancia Fulvia Monte Carlo - Page 7 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 133 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KraigG View Post
These are totally cool cars! Where can I find one to buy? And I'm not necessarily looking for a Monte Carlo, but a nice stock one. They remind me of the old Nissan Silvia of the same era.

Does the front wheel drive inhibit its performance? Not a big fan of FWD.
As to your first question, you'll have to look pretty hard to find one as nice as Adan's Montecarlo; it started out really nice, and he's made it even better. It's getting a little tricky to find one; it's harder to find a good one in the US than in Italy, but it's harder to ckeck out the condition of a car long distance. And you'll want to stick with a good car--don't buy a 'project'; if at all possible, have a prospective purchase checked out by someone who really knows Fulvias. And there's really no comparison with a Nissan Silvia; next to a Fulvia, the Silvia is an oxcart.

It's harder to answer your second question politely. I can only assume that you've never driven a Lancia Fulvia coupe or a Beta coupe. Or, for that matter, a Honda CRX or a Saab 9-3 Aero.

On the track, FWD has some serious disadvantages--for really high horsepower applications it's impossible. On the street, however, it's a whole different matter. A couple of weekends ago, I had my Fulvia HF (if you don't know, think of it as a Montecarlo on steroids) on a road event with a real mix of cars. On a twisty section at the western end of Mulholland Drive, the 356 in front was holding me up, the Diablo behind couldn't stay with me, and I wasn't really pushing.

Ed
1970 Lancia Fulvia 1,6 HF
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 133 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 07:47 AM

is one for sale on ebay look under lancia fulvia '
is white and the price is 6500
post #93 of 133 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazzo22 View Post
that car, and its apparent shortcomings, is being discussed on the "eBay Fulvia" thread. personally, I wouldn't go anywhere near it, even if it wasn't overpriced.

Ed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #94 of 133 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazzo22 View Post
Yeah, I've seen that one. While I like the concept, I don't think that one is the car for me. The price is fine, the condition is not!
post #95 of 133 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1,6 HF View Post
As to your first question, you'll have to look pretty hard to find one as nice as Adan's Montecarlo; it started out really nice, and he's made it even better. It's getting a little tricky to find one; it's harder to find a good one in the US than in Italy, but it's harder to ckeck out the condition of a car long distance. And you'll want to stick with a good car--don't buy a 'project'; if at all possible, have a prospective purchase checked out by someone who really knows Fulvias. And there's really no comparison with a Nissan Silvia; next to a Fulvia, the Silvia is an oxcart.

It's harder to answer your second question politely. I can only assume that you've never driven a Lancia Fulvia coupe or a Beta coupe. Or, for that matter, a Honda CRX or a Saab 9-3 Aero.

On the track, FWD has some serious disadvantages--for really high horsepower applications it's impossible. On the street, however, it's a whole different matter. A couple of weekends ago, I had my Fulvia HF (if you don't know, think of it as a Montecarlo on steroids) on a road event with a real mix of cars. On a twisty section at the western end of Mulholland Drive, the 356 in front was holding me up, the Diablo behind couldn't stay with me, and I wasn't really pushing.

So, Ed, how come I never see your car out at VCR on Sunday mornings? Calabasas isn't that far from West Hollywood. and last Sunday, which was Supercar Sunday, there had to have been at least 500 cars there. Even Jay Leno showed up
post #96 of 133 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Does the front wheel drive inhibit its performance? Not a big fan of FWD.
No ... my Fulvia doesn't show any of the usual nasty FWD effects -- no pulling on the wheel when you apply throttle, etc. Actually, really nice steering is one of the Fulvia's best points, in my opinion.

I suppose part of the reason is that the 1300 engine doesn't have all that much torque ... but then neither did the BMC Mini, and that had/has horrible FWD characteristics.

(Or nice FWD characteristics, if you like that sort of thing ... oops I could be offending people here!)

Peter
post #97 of 133 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 09:34 PM

Quote:
So, Ed, how come I never see your car out at VCR on Sunday mornings? Calabasas isn't that far from West Hollywood. and last Sunday, which was Supercar Sunday, there had to have been at least 500 cars there. Even Jay Leno showed up
What? when? where? I'll drop by. Reply by private message, thanks.

Ed
post #98 of 133 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 10:03 PM

Anyone who's in Southern California needs to come out to the VCR for some fun on Sunday mornings (and that includes FANALONE):

www.supercarsunday.com
post #99 of 133 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 09:29 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Skype™ to FANALONE
see you there

Quote:
Anyone who's in Southern California needs to come out to the VCR for some fun on Sunday mornings (and that includes FANALONE):

www.supercarsunday.com
see you there. this sunday. adan

Lancia Fulvia 1.2HF 1966. Lancia Fulvia coupe 1.2 w/1.6HF 1st 1966. Lancia Fulvia Berlina GTE 1.3 1969. Alfa Romeo GTV 2000 1972. WWW.LALANCIA.COM
post #100 of 133 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FANALONE View Post
see you there. this sunday. adan
I'm looking forward to meeting you, and seeing the Montecarlo. I'll be in the Rosso Corsa 1981 Ferrari 400i.

-Kraig
post #101 of 133 (permalink) Old 08-05-2007, 12:38 AM

See you guys in the morning. I'll be there around 8:00 with my brother's GTV. Adan, call me when you get there. I'll be there with Manuel and Haig.
post #102 of 133 (permalink) Old 08-12-2007, 03:56 PM

Looks like Adan was down at C & C this past Saturday.

Frank got some nice shots of your car:

http://www.frank4cars.fotki.com/c--c...-coffee-81107/
post #103 of 133 (permalink) Old 09-01-2007, 12:44 PM

There are usually a selection of Fulvia's for sale at this site although most are in Europe. www.anamera.com

There are two Fanalone's listed right now.
post #104 of 133 (permalink) Old 09-01-2007, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwiokie View Post
There are usually a selection of Fulvia's for sale at this site although most are in Europe. www.anamera.com
There are two Fanalone's listed right now.
Anamera's a good search site. The two Fanalones for sale right now are very different propositions:

Oldtimer Gallerie Topfen wants about US$54,000 for theirs, but I'm frankly a little suspicious of it. The gearbox hump and shift lever look like an S2/S3--not an S1, and the white tach is obviously from an S3. This may be a franken-Fanalone; I'd want a good photo of the chassis stamp on the cowl before I'd believe it's real.

Smiths-Veglia has a beautiful one, no apparent issues; judging by the photos and the audio tracks of the engine, you probably won't find a better one anywhere. But they're asking over US$82,000.

Ed
post #105 of 133 (permalink) Old 09-02-2007, 01:43 AM

Yes, strange old car that. Mixture of many things. Electric fan and brake servo not Fanalone (both S2/3) - no oil cooler and a mix and match dash. Tacho is not S3 - probably not even Lancia. It has a tell tale - S3 didn't, the only Lancia ones with tell tales went to 10,000 rpm. Yet it is a S1 shell - you can tell by the heater and fuse box. and it has Fanalone doors.
A closer look would be needed before parting for any money for this. Turning it back into a "normal" Fanalone would probably be an expensive job.

1969 Lancia Fulvia Fanalone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode