Lancia Fulvia Monte Carlo - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 133 (permalink) Old 12-20-2006, 06:17 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Skype™ to FANALONE
yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo Leader View Post
You keep posting pictures and it might cause me and my bank accounts terrible terrible damage.

Did many of your Lancias come from Italy? What does it typically cost to import a car??
Yes all but, my Fanalone come from Italy. listen the car that I see with alot of potential is the Fulvia Monte Carlo todays money to pay for a real Monte Carlo is 6,500.00 euros to 9,500.00 euros in 6 years from today. this car will cost 20,000.00 euros. because the fanalone it would be at 65,000.00 to 80,000.00 euros way over my budget. adan

Lancia Fulvia 1.2HF 1966. Lancia Fulvia coupe 1.2 w/1.6HF 1st 1966. Lancia Fulvia Berlina GTE 1.3 1969. Alfa Romeo GTV 2000 1972. WWW.LALANCIA.COM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 133 (permalink) Old 12-20-2006, 06:30 PM Thread Starter

more

Quote:
Originally Posted by FANALONE View Post
this paticular car is very important in the history of Lancia is because is the model of celebration of Sandro Munari winner of 1972 Monte carlo Rally, well after driving a Jr Z and GTV 2000. is very different engine sound also is a front wheel drive, the view to is more clear. you sit more straight what is cool is no bumpers in this model. is hard to find a real Monte carlo version this days. But they are out there. here is my friend who has one.
more more more
Attached Images

Lancia Fulvia 1.2HF 1966. Lancia Fulvia coupe 1.2 w/1.6HF 1st 1966. Lancia Fulvia Berlina GTE 1.3 1969. Alfa Romeo GTV 2000 1972. WWW.LALANCIA.COM
post #18 of 133 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 07:39 AM

Adan, congratulations on acquiring the Monte Carlo!

I've had my Fulvia Coupe for a year and a half now, around 15k miles, and it's a delight.

Lancia's engineering and design work, pre-Fiat takeover, was superb. The very narrow angle (13 degrees or so) DOHC V4 motor loves to be revved. The four speed transmission on my '67 is probably one of the best I've experienced. And it's far and away the best handling car in the rain I've ever had.

Regards

Shaun Pond
1967 Lancia Fulvia Coupe Rallye 1.3
1962 Austin Healey 3000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 133 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 09:00 AM

Congrats on the new car. She is a beaut. I had a chance to sample a 1.2HF in the past and the drive is very exciting. This is possibly the best driving FWD car ever - definitely the best one I ever sampled. The only one that came close is the Peugeot 205 GTI I drove.

What impressed me was how agile the little car is and how willing to rev the engine is. Being the HF - it made a whole lot of noise - so I am not sure it would be a great long distance car - but I would like to own one as a play thing. I am sure the non-HF models are reasonable for everyday driving.

I actually jumped into the car after a drive in my 7 - in most cars you are immediately confronted with cars that feel big, heavy and disconnected - and whata impressed me the most was that the Lancia did not feel that way.

Past: '88 Spider
Present: '69 GTV, '67 GT Jr.
post #20 of 133 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 08:11 PM Thread Starter

well said

Quote:
Originally Posted by rloewy View Post
Congrats on the new car. She is a beaut. I had a chance to sample a 1.2HF in the past and the drive is very exciting. This is possibly the best driving FWD car ever - definitely the best one I ever sampled. The only one that came close is the Peugeot 205 GTI I drove.

What impressed me was how agile the little car is and how willing to rev the engine is. Being the HF - it made a whole lot of noise - so I am not sure it would be a great long distance car - but I would like to own one as a play thing. I am sure the non-HF models are reasonable for everyday driving.

I actually jumped into the car after a drive in my 7 - in most cars you are immediately confronted with cars that feel big, heavy and disconnected - and whata impressed me the most was that the Lancia did not feel that way.
well said I have always have the dip respect for Lancia what they did for racing they were the ferrari of the rally, agains Audi, peugeot. group B. and all this started with the little fulvia. 11 world titles later no one has done this again. when you see the Aurelia B20, Flaminia, Flavia, Aurelia Spider B24. then the small car like Berlina, Appia. Are unforgeteble.
Attached Images

post #21 of 133 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rloewy View Post

I've found the standard (non-HF) Fulvia to be a very good long distance conveyance. We've run ours on 800 mile + events and enjoyed it. The seats are comfortable, the suspension compliant, the handling is light and direct. The noise level in the standard car permits normal volume conversations with your navigator.

And, though I've not driven a Seven, the agility and responsiveness of the Fulvia exceeds anything that I've experienced on four wheels.

It's a usable daily driver as well: I've managed six cases of wine in the trunk with ease; it puts up with Bay Area rush hour crawls without overheating or complaint; the wipers and de-misting are adequate to cope with our winters. And, even driven briskly, it usually manages around 28 mpg.

What I really like about my Fulvia is its ability to transform a non-recreational trip into something sporting and fun.

Regards

Shaun Pond
1967 Lancia Fulvia Coupe Rallye 1.3
1962 Austin Healey 3000
post #22 of 133 (permalink) Old 12-23-2006, 06:13 PM Thread Starter

new pictures receive today

Quote:
One More Addition To The Collection I Have Always Wanted This Car 1972. Real Monte Carlo Version.
I receive this today. can't wait.
Attached Images

post #23 of 133 (permalink) Old 12-24-2006, 02:03 PM Thread Starter

look who is sorounded

Quote:
I receive this today. can't wait.
llok who is soraunded.
Attached Images

post #24 of 133 (permalink) Old 12-30-2006, 05:57 PM
Gold Subscriber

I owned a Fulvia 1.3HF from 1980 to 95.Also a Fulvia alloy-bodied Zagato during the same time frame.These cars handle beautifully without ANY torque steer. Series 1 Fulvias were sold in the Us through 1967.These models had the 1.3 V4 with a 4 speed gearbox. Examples of the standard(non-HF) 1.3 Fulvia coupe appear regularly on ebay at very affordable prices.Also I can vouch that parts are both available and reasonably priced.
The HF was the Fulvia equivalent (and contemporary rival of) the GTA.The HF had a steel body but was lightened by installation of alloy doors,hood and trunk lid,plus light weight seats and elimination of the bumpers.The HF engine had higher compression and hotter cams and was rated at 111hp-more than enuf in a car weighing in at 1815 pounds. Later on the Fulvia coupe got enlarged to 1600cc and came with a 5 speed.
post #25 of 133 (permalink) Old 12-30-2006, 08:19 PM Thread Starter

todays comperason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Tyson View Post
I owned a Fulvia 1.3HF from 1980 to 95.Also a Fulvia alloy-bodied Zagato during the same time frame.These cars handle beautifully without ANY torque steer. Series 1 Fulvias were sold in the Us through 1967.These models had the 1.3 V4 with a 4 speed gearbox. Examples of the standard(non-HF) 1.3 Fulvia coupe appear regularly on ebay at very affordable prices.Also I can vouch that parts are both available and reasonably priced.
The HF was the Fulvia equivalent (and contemporary rival of) the GTA.The HF had a steel body but was lightened by installation of alloy doors,hood and trunk lid,plus light weight seats and elimination of the bumpers.The HF engine had higher compression and hotter cams and was rated at 111hp-more than enuf in a car weighing in at 1815 pounds. Later on the Fulvia coupe got enlarged to 1600cc and came with a 5 speed.
today I had my GTV, 2000 Bertone and my Fanalone compare , boy there are two warriors of different places and the front wheel is better to steer. but the torque of the 2.0 liter. it does come very good on take off. the gears of the fanalone gives a more speed in the turns it also has incredible RPM, if I was to chose one I take both.
Attached Images

post #26 of 133 (permalink) Old 12-30-2006, 08:25 PM Thread Starter

more

Quote:
today I had my GTV, 2000 Bertone and my Fanalone compare , boy there are two warriors of different places and the front wheel is better to steer. but the torque of the 2.0 liter. it does come very good on take off. the gears of the fanalone gives a more speed in the turns it also has incredible RPM, if I was to chose one I take both.
more pictures
Attached Images

post #27 of 133 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 06:05 AM

Beeeeeeautiful!!!!!!!!!!
post #28 of 133 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 07:27 PM

Adan bought another car??? I better get one soon - so hard to keep up with this guy.

Congrats on the Monte Carlo. When does the Flavia Coupe arrive or do you have it already?

Mike

60 Citroen ID - 62 Lancia Appia Vignale Convertibile - 64 Giulia TI - 69 Porsche 911S Targa (Soft Window) - 72 Junior Z 1600
post #29 of 133 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 08:58 PM Thread Starter

guess what

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaum View Post
Adan bought another car??? I better get one soon - so hard to keep up with this guy.

Congrats on the Monte Carlo. When does the Flavia Coupe arrive or do you have it already?

Mike
guess what the Jr. Zagato is finaly done. after a long restoration 4 months ago. in reguards the flavia I was one date late, did not get it, that's why you see the GTV here. But the Montecarlo it would arrive no later 2 months from now. in reguard you said I better get one, well yes do it, is not only me out there.

post #30 of 133 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 09:42 PM

Adan, You are so much fun! It was great to meet you at the Best of Italy and France show.

Tomorrow my maroon 1973 1.3S that was parked next to you at the show will journey away to a new wonderful owner up in Oakland, Chris D.

I am now officially out of the Fulvia biz. But I can live vicariously through your wonderful enthusiasm, so thank you!

EveAnna Manley - Chino, CA. USA
'74 Alfa Spider 2000
'91 Alfa 164L

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode