Past: '88 Spider
Present: '69 GTV, '67 GT Jr.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 269 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 04:11 AM
Gold Subscriber

Send a message via Skype™ to ecohen2
I have a 76 Lancia Scorpion...

Welcome to the odd combo of owning an Alfa and a Lancia..
Attached Images

1986 Bertone
post #48 of 269 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 10:02 AM

had a couple of these things....

this one with alfa wheels
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #49 of 269 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 06:17 PM

Wow-o, I love those Scorpions! How are these cars to own and drive?

I've heard mixed reviews, but I love the concept and the look! They constantly tempt me....so provide me with justification to buy one!

James
1984 GTV6
post #50 of 269 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo Leader View Post
Wow-o, I love those Scorpions! How are these cars to own and drive?

I've heard mixed reviews, but I love the concept and the look! They constantly tempt me....so provide me with justification to buy one!
Those pics aren't justification enough?? Those wheels look great on it.
post #51 of 269 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007, 04:46 AM
Gold Subscriber

ooooh! I want some Alfa wheels for mine! What are those exactly?

1986 Bertone
post #52 of 269 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007, 11:07 AM

echo leader

Like any fiat lancia alfa of the 70's they r woefully underpowered with soft suspension and absolutely dogs to drive. Removing the USA bumpers and struts usually net you around 100lbs weight reduction while drastically lowering the polar moment. C&D once quote the weight @ over 2400lb i weight mine in at 2135 (street car) without really trying. along with the bumpers i took out the pop up head lamps, smog, ac and sound deading. It would be easy getting it under 2000lb for track use.

mine had a 2.0l 42dcnf, 42/82 cames, euro pistons, ansa headers, adjustable pully's and CD ignition.... i would guess around 135-145 crankhp. i g-teched 0-60 [email protected] around 7 sec. stock takes about 12secs. how many cars can you modify that will knock off 5 sec with old school period correct technology?

my first scorp had with same motor without the dcnfs(36dtmr?) and a ported stock exhuast manifold felt much stronger. my hunch is one shouldnt use high duration cams and big ITB carbs without bumping up the compression over 10:1. A common mistake with alfa and fiat owners. you just lose to much low end charge. people cant resisit because the sound and lools of dual webers r irresistable.

I also had koni shocks and various shorter stiffer springs. I took it out to some track events in the SoCal area back in the 90's. I could regularly run down E36 M3,integras, miatas on handling tracks. One event i remember only getting passed by a juiced up MR2 turbo all day. I guessing, becuase the car can corner much harder and have fantastic traction out of the corners, its has the potential to be much faster than 105gtvs with similar mods.

one things for certin is the brakes are awlful. They dont have the thermo capacity for prolong track use and r very front biased. in the rain they are down right dangerous. I took out my boosters, ironcially which are the same as my 69gtv, for better modulation and replace the rear with a bigger 124 calipers. these mods helped only marginally.

scorps-monte are fantastic platforms for tinkerers. kind of wish i still had mine

i'll c if i can scan in pics of my other one

my 2 cents

heres a vid of on an scca scorp breaking the track record of pocano last year

http://www.racerxchronicles.com/Videos.html

ecohen2

wheels r Ronal R1 for alfetta 7x15 98m 15lbs, i believe the is et20. I have a set out on loan so i cant check the et.

Last edited by davbert; 03-02-2007 at 09:49 AM.
post #53 of 269 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind View Post
Those pics aren't justification enough?? Those wheels look great on it.
Between the pics and davbert's description of their potential.....it just might be.

I'd love to find a nice solid one, maybe in the $2-$3k range... I have some research to do! To the interweb!!!

You ready to help me turn one into a well-tuned toy, Mind??

James
1984 GTV6
post #54 of 269 (permalink) Old 03-02-2007, 10:06 AM

james

No, problem, i'll do what i can. I may even have some specialty parts laying around the garage still. there really a lot of scorp guru that are much more qualify then me for advice. most of the hot cars are in the bay area.

you should be able to find a nice one for 3K. just look out for rust and no cracks in the windsheild: they r bonded in for chassis ridgitity and are expensive to place. The interior vinyl will outlast a hostest twinky but the plastic trim pieces gets brittle with age and high doses of UV rays. nice thing about my 69gtv...minimal plastic

montehospital in uk have an pretty impressive catalog of go fast parts. i wish they where around when i started with mine.
post #55 of 269 (permalink) Old 03-02-2007, 10:20 AM
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by davbert View Post
james

I may even have some specialty parts laying around the garage still. .
Scorpion parts? I am interested and I don't even know what they are yet!

Ed

1986 Bertone
post #56 of 269 (permalink) Old 03-02-2007, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davbert View Post
james

No, problem, i'll do what i can. I may even have some specialty parts laying around the garage still. there really a lot of scorp guru that are much more qualify then me for advice. most of the hot cars are in the bay area.

you should be able to find a nice one for 3K. just look out for rust and no cracks in the windsheild: they r bonded in for chassis ridgitity and are expensive to place. The interior vinyl will outlast a hostest twinky but the plastic trim pieces gets brittle with age and high doses of UV rays. nice thing about my 69gtv...minimal plastic

montehospital in uk have an pretty impressive catalog of go fast parts. i wish they where around when i started with mine.
Great info, thanks! And I appreciate you keeping an eye out for me.

Is there a Lancia/Scorp forum in any way like our beloved AlfaBB? I started poking around the web today, and found some nice places (Omicron was interesting), but nothing like the BB...

Maybe there's just a Used Scorpion Buyers FAQ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecohen2 View Post

Ed
You get first dibs...I'm not so addicted that I'm buying parts for cars I don't yet have.

James
1984 GTV6
post #57 of 269 (permalink) Old 03-02-2007, 01:20 PM
Gold Subscriber

Here is a buyers guide..

http://www.lanciamontecarlo.net/Montecarlo/Buying.html

If you have any questions, feel free to ask... They really are pretty quirky...

Also, this site has been a good source of info: http://lancisti.net/forum/index.php?board=26.0

It even has people that might be willing to sell..

Ed

1986 Bertone
post #58 of 269 (permalink) Old 03-02-2007, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecohen2 View Post

Ed
bigger carbs, ported intake mani, monte water pump with the bigger impellers. koni's 3 good one, one needs rebuild ( i have parts by truespports and authorized koni service dealer). 2 sets of stiffer springs. breaded stainless brake lines. interior bits I.P., cluster. beta, grill, alfa autodelta campy wheels that look like the ronals but much wider for the back. i think there 10x15's. bigger beta brakes, delta hp street cams for 124 head. spare lancia 130 head.

I not sure when i'll be able to dig the stuff out. theyer all boxed away in storage. let me know if you r interested in particular. too busy with family, work and other car projects at moment.

cheers

db
post #59 of 269 (permalink) Old 03-03-2007, 04:00 PM

I'm a new member who has just bought Cory Youngberg's ex-Martin Swig Flaminia PF Coupé. A very beautiful black car with red interior, three previous owners and 42k mi. Transaxle and booster just rebuilt. Needless to say, I'm chafing at the bit. It should arrive here in Philadelphia from California in about a month, once it's been through Jaan Hjorth's capable hands. It will be my first Italian car. More nice pictures on his site:
http://www.eddinsmoto.com/
There is also a wonderful Berlina still available.

Greg Moore
1985 Peugeot 505 Wagon (bought new, still immaculate)
1995.5 Audi Urs6 Avant
1965 Honda CB77
Attached Images

Greg
1960 Lancia Flaminia Pininfarina Coupé 2.5
post #60 of 269 (permalink) Old 03-03-2007, 06:17 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to FANALONE
very nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmoorebrothe View Post
I'm a new member who has just bought Cory Youngberg's ex-Martin Swig Flaminia PF Coupé. A very beautiful black car with red interior, three previous owners and 42k mi. Transaxle and booster just rebuilt. Needless to say, I'm chafing at the bit. It should arrive here in Philadelphia from California in about a month, once it's been through Jaan Hjorth's capable hands. It will be my first Italian car. More nice pictures on his site:
http://www.eddinsmoto.com/
There is also a wonderful Berlina still available.

Greg Moore
1985 Peugeot 505 Wagon (bought new, still immaculate)
1995.5 Audi Urs6 Avant
1965 Honda CB77
Congrats very nice car. if you live souther california L.A. you could bring it to the local events like concourse, rallys and many more, then I be not the only one with a Lancia in this events

Lancia Fulvia 1.2HF 1966. Lancia Fulvia coupe 1.2 w/1.6HF 1st 1966. Lancia Fulvia Berlina GTE 1.3 1969. Alfa Romeo GTV 2000 1972. WWW.LALANCIA.COM

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode