Any Lancia owners on the BB? - Page 3 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 269 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 06:42 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero
Great looking Beta,always wanted one,the cool early seats sunroof and colour are great.Have you thought of changeing the bumpers to the smaller euro style they are a lot cleaner.Try googling Rideau lakes rally lancia beta,if i remember correctly, should be some neat pictures of race/rally Beta coupe.Now that you have driven it for a while,how does it compare to a gtv,give us a seat of the pants roadtest report.
I think this question was aimed at both TX907 and I, so here's my answer:

This is always embarassing to say but I've never driven a GTV so I can't compare it to one. However, I imagine it's pretty close, minus the FWD vs. RWD thing.

I really like the way it drives. I gave it the good ol' Italian tune up up Emigration last Saturday, it did great. Fast it ain't but it's not a car you need to go fast in to enjoy. The wheel is small but it's just right (makes the one in my Corolla feel like it's out of a Kenworth). The shifter is kind of sticky at times, maybe it just needs to be adjusted. The gauges are hard to read because the steering wheel blocks out everything on the speedometer from 20 to 80. I'm 5'11" and 150 lbs and the interior is fine for me but for anybody bigger then me, I think it'd start getting to be tight. The backseats are useless but that's a given. The brakes feel good, as does the clutch. I don't know what kind of exhaust it's running but it sounds great!

My biggest complaint is that it's really rough in the cold. It's been getting quite cold here in the mornings and it's always a hassle for the first few miles until it warms up. I can tell you I won't be driving it much this winter.

That's about all I have time for this morning, feel free to ask questions though.

I found some rally pictures, thanks for the heads up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Renault/CitroŽn/Alfa/Fiat/Mercedes/Volkswagen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 269 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 05:34 PM

My mistake,thought tx907 and alfa75 88 were the same car.Thanks for the roadtest report,sounds like a fun ride.Both of your cars look very clean,i really like the look of the coupes.
post #33 of 269 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 11:29 AM

I own a '71 Fulvia 1600 HF that I brought back from Italy about 5 years ago. Being a second series car, it has the 5 speed "dogleg" tranny, which is not nearly as nice as the 4 speed box found in the first series Fulvias. That said, it's a beauty, and a real hoot to drive.

I also owned a '82 Beta Zagato. Funny about that car -- it was beautiful, and I had dreamed about owning one for years. But it gave me more electrical problems that any car I've owned before or since (and I've owned a lot of Italian cars). My brother used to refer to it as "Satan's Beta." Uniquely among the cars I've owned, I was actually happy to see it leave my driveway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 269 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 12:55 PM

Lancia Beta Saloon

Attachment 46951

Photo courtesy of Tom Schmock.

It took me two years of staring at it in my garage until I could appreciate how really (oddly) beautiful this car is. It is probably the best one left in the U.S. though there are at least two more Series One (different rear sail panel) cars around. Anyway, this one was a fetish item from the previous and original owner= full Ansa, hot cams, Alquatti manifold, Dual Webers. Shown here competing in the New Glarus Hillclimb this past year. Not something you see everyday, but unnervingly smooth and powerful for a 1.8 (cruising competently at 85 for the two hour drive to the event and back).

Also have a Series One Fulvia, proof that superior engineering and craftsmanship is not the bastion of German car makers alone.

Last edited by 67alloy; 03-27-2010 at 04:35 PM.
post #35 of 269 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 08:20 PM

Count me in- projectlancia.com

Great cars, all!

You can enjoy pictures of the restoration of a '76 Scorpion SCCA & IMSA race car at projectlancia.com

The goal is to have the car ready for ItalianCarFest in Sept. of 2007 (near Dallas)

-Jerry Lee Phillips

Last edited by ItalianCarFest; 10-10-2006 at 09:59 AM.
post #36 of 269 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 11:39 PM

Had a Delta Integrale but traded it for a race GTV 2000. Great car and very, very quick. Great during the Swedish winter too.

Mats Strandberg

GTV 2000 -77
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<= These are picture links you know...
75 Turbo -87 *sold*
<=
post #37 of 269 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 01:32 PM

I have a '73 Fulvia 1.3S. It's about to get sold...

Vanimal's Lancia Fulvia

Exactly WHAT tires *should* be on this car? (And what size?) Some interesting torque steering happening right now with the ancient "goodyears" that are on there now. The tires that are on there now have always looked half deflated to me.

EveAnna Manley - Chino, CA. USA
'74 Alfa Spider 2000
'91 Alfa 164L
post #38 of 269 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanimal
I have a '73 Fulvia 1.3S. It's about to get sold...

Vanimal's Lancia Fulvia

Exactly WHAT tires *should* be on this car? (And what size?) Some interesting torque steering happening right now with the ancient "goodyears" that are on there now. The tires that are on there now have always looked half deflated to me.
If your Fulvia has 14" rims, it came new with either Michelin ZX or Pirelli Cinturatos in the 145-14 size. 165-14s are probably the closest you will be able to find today, and you'll probably have to search a bit to find those.

A previous owner put Kumho 195/60-14s on my car. They're too wide for the rims, but have worked okay. I'll be looking for something closer to the stock size when the time comes to replace them, though.

Regards
post #39 of 269 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 08:42 AM

Many thanks! The 185/60's just do not look right, indeed. Yes it's 14 wheels.

EveAnna Manley - Chino, CA. USA
'74 Alfa Spider 2000
'91 Alfa 164L

Last edited by Vanimal; 10-20-2006 at 08:46 AM.
post #40 of 269 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 08:02 PM
Gold Subscriber

A friend bought some narrow 14" tires for his Appia, but they had to come from England.

Dave
Drivers: '63 Spider '74 Berlina
Projects: '58 Sprint, '59 Flaminia berlina, '63 Appia Berlina, '63 Flavia coupe, and Bernie the Berlina.
post #41 of 269 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 08:29 AM

I saw a nice original looking Flaminia out on Balboa Island California a few days ago. I saw it a few times being driven around too that morning, but didn't get to talk with the owner. Does anyone know the car?

sorry the picture was taken with my phone.
Attached Images

post #42 of 269 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 03:12 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to FANALONE
yes I do

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnei View Post
I saw a nice original looking Flaminia out on Balboa Island California a few days ago. I saw it a few times being driven around too that morning, but didn't get to talk with the owner. Does anyone know the car?

sorry the picture was taken with my phone.
yes I do his mane is Cory. and he also has another beautiful Appia 3. this particular car when is full restores is a beauty. in the Torino Museum in Italy I saw one. alot of luxury for it'stime.
Attached Images

Lancia Fulvia 1.2HF 1966. Lancia Fulvia coupe 1.2 w/1.6HF 1st 1966. Lancia Fulvia Berlina GTE 1.3 1969. Alfa Romeo GTV 2000 1972. WWW.LALANCIA.COM
post #43 of 269 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 12:07 PM

Anti Football Run

Happy new year to all!

We took our Fulvia to the Anti Football Run in Sausalito (Marin County, just north of San Francisco) yesterday.

The event is based on the premise that not everyone wants to spend New Year's day watching football on the tube.

Very good turnout, including a number of Italian cars. One of the organizers, Martin Swig, drove his recently acquired 1925 Lancia. There were a number of front- and rear-engined Ferraris, a few Alfas (including an SZ which I regrettably did not get a picture of), a Miura, and a very low mileage X1/9.

The weather was mostly good, and the route through the Marin headlands was ideal Lancia country.

I also spotted a very nice dark blue Fulvia Sport (Zagato) driving down Bridgeway in Sausalito at the end of the event.

Our snapshots of the event are at:

www.fulviacam.phanfare.com

Regards

Shaun Pond
1967 Lancia Fulvia Coupe Rallye 1.3
1962 Austin Healey 3000
post #44 of 269 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 04:55 AM

I drive a Thema 16V Turbo 1990 model with 75000km on the clock, still has the plastic on the carpets, then I have a Delta Integrale HF 8V 1989 with 89000km. My father drove a Giulia and after that a Giulia Supper and the last one was a 164 V6. My first car i bought was a 1975 Alfetta with a worked motor.

post #45 of 269 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 09:05 AM

ebay, Lancia Fulvia (not mine don't know the seller).
RHD 1.3 HF in southern CA.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MakeTrack=true

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode