Any Lancia owners on the BB? - Page 18 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #256 of 269 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 07:07 PM
Platinum Subscriber

Okay - the handful of photos I took that were worth sharing have been uploaded to my Flickr page - link below...I don't think there is any Lancia content from the rally though...

Jeff B.

'69 Lancia Fulvia Rallye 1,3 S
gone but not forgotten
'79 Alfetta Sprint Veloce/'77 Alfetta Sedan /'76 Alfetta Sedan/'75 Alfetta Sedan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #257 of 269 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfalfa View Post
Okay - the handful of photos I took that were worth sharing have been uploaded to my Flickr page - link below...I don't think there is any Lancia content from the rally though...
Jeff, you're cheating. You're only posting the in focus, well composed shots. If I did that, I wouldn't have anything online at all.

And don't apologize for the lack of Lancia content. Personally, one of the things I really enjoy at events like the Pedal Pushers is the diversity.

Like an aquamarine Metro parked next to a red Fulvia, for instance.
Attached Images

Shaun Pond
1967 Lancia Fulvia Coupe Rallye 1.3
1962 Austin Healey 3000
post #258 of 269 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 02:03 AM

A shout for the UK Lancia fraternity. Last Friday, Saturday and Sunday the UK Classic Car Show was held at the NEC in Birmingham. Over 1000 cars and 40,000 + visitors. Lancia were one (if not the) best represented marque. Four of the five UK lancia clubs were there (LMC, CLS, Beta Boyz and Montecarlo Consortium) with I think 28 cars in total.

The LMC had a new Delta on the stand (from FIAT) - the first time it has been seen in the UK - which was a big coup, along with a one off integrale (made for a member of the Agnelli family), Don Williamsons' gorgeous 8th Series Lambda Limouisine, Appia Coupe, Fulvia 2C, Kappa Coupe and restored Delta 1300. Various members manned the stand over the weekend ( I was there all Saturday). Being a Fulvia man myself my favourite was this original 1300 Zagato Competitzione (chassis 001909). The drilled shell was something to behold - even the keys are drilled !

More photos can be found here:

2008 Nec ClassicCar Show - a set on Flickr

None of these photos are mine, I forgot my camara so thanks to the respective snappers (Brian Hilton and Tony Harrison) for putting them out to the public.
Attached Images

1969 Lancia Fulvia Fanalone

Last edited by ncundy; 11-19-2008 at 04:43 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #259 of 269 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 06:18 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to FANALONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncundy View Post
A shout for the UK Lancia fraternity. Last Friday, Saturday and Sunday the UK Classic Car Show was held at the NEC in Birmingham. Over 1000 cars and 40,000 + visitors. Lancia were one (if not the) best represented marque. Four of the five UK lancia clubs were there (LMC, CLS, Beta Boyz and Montecarlo Consortium) with I think 28 cars in total.

The LMC had a new Delta on the stand (from FIAT) - the first time it has been seen in the UK - which was a big coup, along with a one off integrale (made for a member of the Agnelli family), Don Williamsons' gorgeous 8th Series Lambda Limouisine, Appia Coupe, Fulvia 2C, Kappa Coupe and restored Delta 1300. Various members manned the stand over the weekend ( I was there all Saturday). Being a Fulvia man myself my favourite was this original 1300 Zagato Competitzione (chassis 001909). The drilled shell was something to behold - even the keys are drilled !

None of these photos are mine, I forgot my camara so thanks to the respective snappers (Brian Hilton and Tony Harrison) for putting them out to the public.
thanks for the pictures, I also have a question no Fanalone's perhaps you should have taken yours Or Martin Cliffe Omicron display any of their cars?

Lancia Fulvia 1.2HF 1966. Lancia Fulvia coupe 1.2 w/1.6HF 1st 1966. Lancia Fulvia Berlina GTE 1.3 1969. Alfa Romeo GTV 2000 1972. WWW.LALANCIA.COM
post #260 of 269 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 06:47 AM

Unfortunately it is not an "open" show. The LMC organising committee decide every year what they would like to show. The trick is to put on an interesting selection without repartition, and there are so many different cars they would like to show but with limited space. Last year amongst others we had a Flaminia SS, Dilambda, S1 Fulvia Coupe, in 2006 my fathers Aurelia was there, a Theta, as S4 stradale, and ex-works 037 for example, so it is always a bit of a juggling act for the team who do the organisation and of course a long queue of members who wish to show their cars.

Having said that I haven't seen a Fanalone there for a long time. Unfortunately it wouldn't have been mine as it is only 75% finished so maybe sometime in the future. Next year is the 30th anniversary of the Delta so I imagine they will feature strongly. I would be happy to wait until 2013 for Fulvia 50 - then we could put on a show

post #261 of 269 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 07:47 AM

Quote:

Neil, thanks for posting this.

The UK Lancia fraternity certainly did the marque proud: great selection and display of cars, period garb (and hair!), and even booth girls. Well done!

And thanks for the key weight reduction tip. I'm going to try that this weekend!

Shaun Pond
1967 Lancia Fulvia Coupe Rallye 1.3
1962 Austin Healey 3000
post #262 of 269 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 08:02 AM

Neil, thanks for the photos. I visited the show for a couple of hours on Friday, after having made appropriate adjustments to the timing of my twice-yearly UK 'family duties' visit. As well as the cars on the Lancia stand, I was interested to see examples of every car my Dad owned when I was growing up: Austin Ruby, Standard 8, Ford Prefect, Morris Oxford, and Fiat 500.

Huge event ... and a different view of 'old car addiction' for someone who now lives in California!

Peter
post #263 of 269 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 09:20 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Alex Csank
Hmmmm...

I loved seeing those great photos! Thank you for posting.

Besides all the gorgeous Lancias, especially that beautiful Fulvia Sport Zagato, it sounds like most other British marques were well-represented.

I would have really enjoyed seeing a late-model Standard 'Vanguard'. Not only did my Dad own one of those, but that is where I was conceived!

Rev high! Alex 'Sandor' Csank
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
514-771-9513 President, Alfa Romeo Club of Canada (ARCC) www.alfaclub.ca
post #264 of 269 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 10:16 PM

Neil,

Thanks for posting these; great Lancia stand--kudos to the LMC UK. And much as I love that Stratos, I'm with you on the Best of Show.

Ed
1970 Lancia Fulvia 1,6 HF
post #265 of 269 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 01:19 AM

The Stratos is a Hawk replica - very well done with I think an Alfa V6 in the back. The mid-engined Beta is a one-off special, again very well done (the owner / builder and also owns a twin engined Alfasud that he drag races !). Whilst there were many cars to look at, along with the Competitzione my favourites were the pair of TZ's and the FIAT racing transporter.

post #266 of 269 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 08:08 AM

Quote:
The Stratos is a Hawk replica - very well done with I think an Alfa V6 in the back. ...
Thanks, I was wondering about that. The rear flares are odd, and some of the mold seams looked strange. But then I thought 'the LMC wouldn't put a replica on the NEC stand, would they'? And I've seen shots of that mid-engine Beta Coupe before; it's always struck me as the answer to a question that no one asked...

Again, though, thanks for sharing the photos.

Ed
post #267 of 269 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 08:17 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Alex Csank
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1,6 HF View Post
Thanks, I was wondering about that. The rear flares are odd, and some of the mold seams looked strange. But then I thought 'the LMC wouldn't put a replica on the NEC stand, would they'? And I've seen shots of that mid-engine Beta Coupe before; it's always struck me as the answer to a question that no one asked...

Again, though, thanks for sharing the photos.
The Hawk replica Stratos is one of the few kit cars I would consider building. The kits is very true to the original and uses many Lancia Beta parts like the original did. You can even use the Ferrari V6 for power if you like, though I think a 3.0L Alfa V6 would be the best choice of powerplant.

Rev high! Alex 'Sandor' Csank
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
514-771-9513 President, Alfa Romeo Club of Canada (ARCC) www.alfaclub.ca
post #268 of 269 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 06:52 PM

Nice article about both cars (Sud and Beta) in latest AutoItalia magazine. Maybe not everyones cup of tea but still nice looking, well built cars ( I always wanted an original version of each). I wish I had the time for such projects on a whim.

87 Milano Platinum
76 Alfetta GT race car
70 Fulvia 1.3 Rally S
68 Fiat 850
post #269 of 269 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Csank View Post
The Hawk replica Stratos is one of the few kit cars I would consider building. The kits is very true to the original and uses many Lancia Beta parts like the original did. You can even use the Ferrari V6 for power if you like, though I think a 3.0L Alfa V6 would be the best choice of powerplant.
Not much Beta on the real Stratos; probably more X1/9 bits (door handles, hatch releases, steering wheel, &c.).

Ed

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode