Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: East Bay, SF Bay Area
this car is a factory put together Abarth 750 Berlina, and still has the original cable driven tach that it came with. The chrome tach surround piece is out being chromed right now, and will be back next week. I can send you some photos of it once I have it back together.
I am working on these cars full time and have a lot of experience doing this type of work. There is a lot of organization of the project that goes on in my head as far as keeping it moving. For example, This week, I sent the owner off to find a bunch of small things I noticed we did not have that were going to hold up the next stage--the throw out bearing holder, a cap for the brake reservoir, a starter, the axle "stones" that go into the tranny, the tranny bracket, the special tapered bolts that go into the shift coupler, etc. He;s been searching through his parts stash, and also lives pretty close to Chris Obert, and we now have found just about everything we need. That's always a problem on these half taken apart project cars, that small things you absolutely need go missing.
My next project is a 1969 pre production Datsun 240Z that is currently having some work done at a friends shop. the thing is totally apart and on a rotisserie. Its super low serial number is actually hand engraved.
That car i am mostly just doing the finish body work and paint on. I will be piece painting it, and the owner is going to deal with assembly.