Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums (https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/)
-   Other Italian Cars (https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/other-italian-cars/)
-   -   Mystery car (https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/other-italian-cars/26577-mystery-car.html)

AlfaRonny 06-18-2006 02:22 PM

Mystery car

4 Attachment(s)
Mystery car ?? One for the experts.
I have the answer, because I saw the car. When it drove by, I thought of something else, but I was wrong. Which car is this?
(I changed the ame of the pictures, couldn't make it to easy...)

bianchi1 06-18-2006 02:40 PM

thats easy..

it's a ferrari. i am at work right now, but when i get home i will give you the model number.

johnei 06-18-2006 03:45 PM

Looks like it has a Iso Grifo badge (and wheels) and I bet it is the work of Bizzarrini - sort of like the breadvan 250 Ferrari. Or its a copy.

dretceterini 06-18-2006 08:16 PM

It's a fake of the Ferrari breadvan, and a poor one at that!

italcarguy 06-18-2006 08:52 PM

What a waste of an Iso Grifo.

gtv2000 06-19-2006 07:00 AM

I can't help noting it's registered in Belgium.

AlfaRonny 06-23-2006 09:53 AM

2 Attachment(s)
It's a Iso Rivolta. That's all I know. Been searching the web, following links on Iso, Bizzarrini, Drogo etc, but can't find anything about this car. Maybe someone has some more info?

Alex 06-25-2006 10:57 PM

Why not post this on the Yahoo Iso-Bizzarrini Group?

AlfaRonny 06-26-2006 12:02 AM

I'm not a member of the Yahoo group, but feel free to post it there, Alex. Hopefully they can come up with an answer

AlfaRonny 06-27-2006 07:30 AM

I've sent the pictures to the Iso-millennium site and they returned me this e-mail today:

Hallo AlfaRonny, I have showed the pictures to my Iso Millennium Committe friends and we believe this is an "unofficial" replica of the Ferrari BreadVan built by Giotto Bizzarrini on a GTO chassis. It can be a recent model, built by an extravagant coach-builder... thank you for the pictures and best regards!

Alessandrio Brioschi
Iso Millennium Committee

So no definite identification of the mystery car.
Maybe someone will react later ???

gtv2000 06-27-2006 10:45 AM

Try searching the Bizzarini yahoo group for breadvan. There are infos on both the Ferrari and a misterious ISO-engined breadvan supposedly found in the south of France.

isorivolta 06-30-2006 02:27 AM

Breadvan

Well, it is not built on a GTO chassis for sure. It has the Corvette engine and my guess is it is built on a Rivolta GT chassis (perhaps Lele, same chassis). When it was built is not known, yet. Bizzarrini doens't seem to have anything to do with it either. One other thing, you'd expect an older ISO badge on a car like this if it was built in the early sixties.
Fot the car's history Bizzarrini's involvement would be interesting. For its value perhaps as well. For now it seems there are some very creative people using old Iso's to built their own dreamcars. We'll see where this leads to. Italy is full of hidden treasures. New and old.

Are there pictures of the other ISO at that meeting too Alfaronny? Where there more Iso's too besides that one? And where were these photos taken?

Nice pics by the way! Tanks for posting.

Jack Kadeha 06-30-2006 03:42 AM

The photos were take at the Spa Italia event at Spa Francorchamps early June.
Unbelievable ugly styled car not worth the "Iso" nor "Breadvan" name.

Ciao,
Jack

isorivolta 06-30-2006 10:30 AM

not a breadvan(can)

This is the real response to the question send to the ISO Committee:

I have ridden your e-mail and I belive there's a misunderstanding.
I agree perfectly the words of IMC member Alessandro Brioschi who
explain that this car is not built by Bizzarrini and don't have
connection with ISO history. He correctly writes to kind Mr AlfaRonny
that the car is probably a replica of the original car who all we know,
the original Ferrari Bread Van, built in the sixties by Bizzarrini. Alessandro
in his email DON'T says nothing about the origin of the model in the
pictures who may be naturally built on an ISO chassis.

Is someone trying to fool us into thinking there is a link between this car and Mr. Bizzarrini????

Alex 07-01-2006 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isorivolta
Is someone trying to fool us into thinking there is a link between this car and Mr. Bizzarrini????

As we sometimes say over here, no names, no pack drill ;)