Mystery car - Page 9 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 146 (permalink) Old 07-26-2006, 05:10 PM

Most posters seem to have a green dot??

Confused?

The meek shall inherit the rear view mirror.

Alfas owned/own!
81 GTV-6
83 GTV-6
86 GTV-6
87 Milano Gold
88 Milano Verde
91 164S
77 Alfetta sedan
79 Alfetta GTV(smooshed and ground up)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 146 (permalink) Old 07-26-2006, 05:23 PM

i believe it is other people 'ranking' the poster. green is good and default...red is everyone thinks your an ahole.

i sure feel sorry for the person that started this thread

No more Alfa ..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #123 of 146 (permalink) Old 07-26-2006, 06:52 PM

Thanks so much for the info. I understand now

Sorry,I couldn't resist! Har Har

Paul

The meek shall inherit the rear view mirror.

Alfas owned/own!
81 GTV-6
83 GTV-6
86 GTV-6
87 Milano Gold
88 Milano Verde
91 164S
77 Alfetta sedan
79 Alfetta GTV(smooshed and ground up)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #124 of 146 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 10:48 AM

Hi Guys,

I'm a newbe on here, saw this thread and registered especially to see the pictures.
I saw the sam car yesterday in the UK, and was wondering if someone could tell me exactly what it is. I originally guessed at a breadvan, but can see the differences. Some additional info would be great

Matt

Name:  DSC_0380.JPG
Views: 545
Size:  107.1 KB

Name:  DSC_0382.JPG
Views: 524
Size:  117.2 KB
post #125 of 146 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olczyk
The judge agree with me, then I believe you was wrong and I was right !
Is it possible to understand this or you also badmouth the justice of your country ?

Real justice ANYWHERE in the world? Surely you must be dreaming!
post #126 of 146 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 02:25 PM

Mr O is the UK taking part in a historic tour, must say from the images above the car looks even worse than befor. That backend....... surely not a true Bizzarini/Drogo job. Hate to be suspicous but registering/finding the BB just for a thread on the Breadvan, which by the way this should NEVER be linked with or is someone trying to create a link in a similar manner to that suggested for the Asardo?
post #127 of 146 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllthingsZagato
Mr O is the UK taking part in a historic tour, must say from the images above the car looks even worse than befor. That backend....... surely not a true Bizzarini/Drogo job. Hate to be suspicous but registering/finding the BB just for a thread on the Breadvan, which by the way this should NEVER be linked with or is someone trying to create a link in a similar manner to that suggested for the Asardo?

Surely you know that isn't the breadvan....it's the more effite and elite "Crumpetsvan" !
post #128 of 146 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllthingsZagato
well thanks for the great welcome! I was just interested that you guys might have some more information on the car, as I'd never seen it before, this was one of the sites that came up when I googled it. I only registered because on your site you can't see the attached images unless you're a registered user. So what exactly if you don't mind me asking is suspicous? So if you'd seen the car and wanted to know exactly what it was you wouldn't have looked any deeper? I like unusual cars, thats all
post #129 of 146 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt172
well thanks for the great welcome! I was just interested that you guys might have some more information on the car, as I'd never seen it before, this was one of the sites that came up when I googled it. I only registered because on your site you can't see the attached images unless you're a registered user. So what exactly if you don't mind me asking is suspicous? So if you'd seen the car and wanted to know exactly what it was you wouldn't have looked any deeper? I like unusual cars, thats all

All I am saying is it ISN'T the real Breadvan. Having been seen in the UK, I decided to call it the Crumpetsvan...
post #130 of 146 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dretceterini
All I am saying is it ISN'T the real Breadvan. Having been seen in the UK, I decided to call it the Crumpetsvan...
sorry, been a hard day, no offence meant just wasn't sure what AllthingsZagato meant in his post
We saw the car at Belvoir castle, along with a couple of others, Healy 3000 and a Aston martin DB3S
post #131 of 146 (permalink) Old 09-09-2006, 12:08 AM

Hello Matt, check out the thread about the Asardo in the 'limited production 1960-77' but make sure you are stocked up on food drink before you start.......
post #132 of 146 (permalink) Old 12-13-2006, 10:07 PM

The Mystery Breadvan

The mystery BREADVAN is not such a mystery to me. It is almost ludicrous for anyone, and I do mean ANYONE to connect this recreation of an original design and for that matter the original car to the REAL "FERRARI BREADVAN". I have carefully SCRUTINIZED all the photos that are available on the web and find that the car is a feeble attempted to make reference to the original car. The demensions from what I can see are off by a mile, as are many parts and shapes. So you may ask, how does this newby to this site have any idea as to what he is talking about? And secondly, how does this guy know anything about the REAL FERRARI BREADVAN? First let me tell you, there is not much that I don't know about the real car. I first bought 1962 Ferrari 250GT2819 "BREADVAN" in December 1967. Brought it home in California on the back of a car trailer because it was puking oil out of the back faster then you could put it in the front. I owned the car for many years and became familiar with every square inch of it, down to the bobbie pins found in the back (thats another story, and a good one I might add). The adventures good and bad owning this exciting car would fill a book. Sooooooo; I'm not putting the FAKE!!! mystery car down in any way, not by any stretch. The car that has reared its head of late, and this is just my personal opinion, is just a recreation and nothing more. Imitation is in its own right is a form of complimenting the original. Just don't try to fool the people about what it really is. Thanks for your time, Matthew Stewart Ettinger
post #133 of 146 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 01:34 AM

Fake or Fake, that's is a big issue.
There is 2 or 3 Breadvans around, all from Drage, but all on diff chassis. So I expect that this is a genuine, not the Ferrari, but one of the other chassis.
post #134 of 146 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 02:22 PM

Semantics or semantics, that's another issue. There are alot of ROLEX watches around, some from Rolex and some from the guy on the corner. Theres the real HARLEY EARL OLDSMOBILE made by General Motors that was destroyed, and the one that some guy on the corner put together and it sold for millions. I ask the question, which one is real? You decide. Just because it looks like a Duck and walks like a Duck, I'm still waiting for the quack. If in fact it was really built at Pier Drogo's Carrozzeria at the same time as 2819, and there is paper work substantiating it's construction, and Count Volpi along with Bizzarrini gave their blessing, then I will sing another tune. If the reality is that it was just a resurrected design put on some other chassis then call it what it really is, a reproduction. And not really a down to the nuts and bolts one. Do I hear the QUACK?????????
post #135 of 146 (permalink) Old 12-15-2006, 02:56 AM

Iso Rivolta Breadvan

4 speed, Iso Competition BreadVan ( Like the Ferrari GTO Breadvan built at Drogo but designed by Giotto Bizzarrini ) Car is restored with the famous V8 Chevrolet 450 HP. Alloy Body

Is that a FAKE???

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode