Mystery car - Page 7 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 146 (permalink) Old 07-12-2006, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by isofidia
Some people should not be allowed to drive Italian cars. Would you write this if we would all know your name and adress? I notice that those giving comments like yours are all using an alias.

I have no problem with anyone knowing my address. Olczyk knows it, and that in my opinion the he is nothing more than an obnoxious, self-absorbed a-hole.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 146 (permalink) Old 07-12-2006, 08:38 PM
Senior TEXAS member

Must be something in the water in Belgium.
Remind me not to drink any if I ever visit there.

Get out there and DRIVE !

Bill ("Plays well with others")
1978 Spider Veloce
post #93 of 146 (permalink) Old 07-12-2006, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John M
Marvin:

We don't know who you are and you are new here....so with that who are you to lecture anyone on this board? I would suggest that you let Phillipe speak for himself and that you should play nice. We all like to cut up and have fun. So take comments from others with that in mind. Note the uses of smiles in the text of comments.

In regards to Phillipe and his conduct, he has made his bed by his actions. No need for you to waste your time in defending him or any one else. Only Phillipe can make amends for his actions and dis-respectfulness on this board. I would suggest you do a complete review of Phillipe's posts from the beginning and come to your own conclusion about the animosity of this board towards Phillipe. I am of the opinion that its justified.

Best Regards,
John M
Yes, read my first posts and you will find out that I was attack and that I defend myself. The animosity came because people didn t like that I ve sue Schaller and won. But think that if Schaller didn t start to insult me, I will never sue him and the judge will never condamn him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #94 of 146 (permalink) Old 07-12-2006, 11:56 PM Thread Starter

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill
Must be something in the water in Belgium.
Remind me not to drink any if I ever visit there.
You can always try this...
Don't know if it will guarantee better posts, but at least it tastes better...
Attached Images

post #95 of 146 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olczyk
Yes, read my first posts and you will find out that I was attack and that I defend myself. The animosity came because people didn t like that I ve sue Schaller and won. But think that if Schaller didn t start to insult me, I will never sue him and the judge will never condamn him.
Insult you? All I ever stated was my personal opinions, and you insulted ME! By the way, the matter is FAR from over!
post #96 of 146 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 08:44 AM

My mother told me to never argue with an idiot.

If you win, so what, you beat an idiot.

If you lose.....

Mo in NJ
Only argues with his BW (She never listens to my Ma)
post #97 of 146 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarvi
My mother told me to never argue with an idiot.

If you win, so what, you beat an idiot.

If you lose.....

Mo in NJ
Only argues with his BW (She never listens to my Ma)

My mother told me that anyone that thinks that their opinion is any more than that is mentally ill.
post #98 of 146 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 12:47 PM

So you all think it is normal to write stuff like some of you do?

I'm not defending Phil Olzcyk. Why should I. And yes, I know about all the other threads etc. I have been reading them. Not that I understand why this all got so out of control.

I'm also a member of the ISO forum. Because there are not so many Iso's most of us owners know each other. We've met face to face or have spoken over the phone, emailcontact etc.
Perhaps that's the reason why we don't / can't lower ourselves to this level I see on this forum. You don't insult someone you know, at least not that easy.
Even if you dislike this person.

But you go on fighting your wars.

Regards from a sunny Holland, now I'm getting myself a cold beer and put my feet in the pool. Bye.......

Marvin

Alfa 166 and a bunch of old cars........
post #99 of 146 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 04:31 PM

Quote:
I'm also a member of the ISO forum. Because there are not so many Iso's most of us owners know each other. We've met face to face or have spoken over the phone, emailcontact etc.
Perhaps that's the reason why we don't / can't lower ourselves to this level I see on this forum.
Well this is from a discussion in the ISO forum, regarding the same car.

----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2006 4:21 PM
Subject: RE: [SPAM]Re: [SPAM]Re: [isobizzarrini] Iso Bread Van???

Jack,
I think it would have been more interesting if it had a Bizzarrini 5300 front end terminated to a bread van backside? We could then call it the Bizz-van. Seems like a waste of metal bending talent. Why not just make a Nembo copy then we would all have something to debate………what’s next? AMX????
Mike

J&M Koobs de Hartog <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi Mike,

We always will have discussions on cars like this. Problem is that there are people who exactly know what it really is and where it comes from don't want to tell and make a mystery out of it.
I don't have any problem with any repro, look alike or fake as long as we don't try to fabricate any story attached to the car.

As you know already about a year ago Jaqmin - Noel Berger - PO started to ask for info on this car "somewhere seen near Marseille". I am almost sure this was a set-up in their/his marketing game on this car.

In this case the Drogo-finesse the original Ferrari Bread Van had is missing. Probably due to the fact that the car was made by an unknown "carrozzeria" in Livorno (unreliable source). If made in Livorno I think I know who did the job but till now I am unsure about that.

The Nembo copy is a good idea !!
But more interesting would be to know who in the US commissioned the original Nembo and where did it go?

Ciao,
Jack

To: [email protected]
Sent: Thursday, July 13, 2006 6:00 AM
Subject: Re: [isobizzarrini] Re: Iso Bread Van???

Jack,
your comments are insulting.....because you don t known the car means that he don t exist ?

Your head is too big and I have a new from you, you don t known everythings, never own a Bizz or a Iso. Then
don t try to look to clever before this go out of control. And stop to be jalous !

Re: Iso Bread Van???

Last time I visited Jack he had an old Bizzarrini in his garage.

Marvin

J&M Koobs de Hartog <[email protected]> wrote:
Phil,
Hoh, hoh, hoh, don’t get angry. I don’t want to insult any body. Contrary.
For years I was a marketing manager of profession and of course I used lots of techniques to get my products positioned on the market. This technique too.
There is nothing wrong with that. These are legal marketing instruments, marketing games, used thousand times a day by as many companies.
So if you felt insulted by that remark of mine, please accept my apologizes.
Ciao,
Jack

Re: [isobizzarrini] Re: Iso Bread Van???

To sell somethings, you need to own it which is not the case.

Did you ever saw the car ? I don t think so, then it s better that you keep your opinion out of internet

Do you see a common thread here?

P.s. ISO´s are lovely cars.

Jani

Last edited by Finlandese; 07-13-2006 at 04:35 PM.
post #100 of 146 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 05:09 PM
PSk

Send a message via AIM to PSk Send a message via Yahoo to PSk
When I meet new people, I listen more than I talk and quickly make an opinion on whether they are worth listening to, etc. ... I do the same on these sort of sites. I only have one person on this site on my ignore list ... it won't take a genius to work out who that is!

It takes all sorts, but you can choose who you want to play with in this life ... use that choice, don't waste your life. Come on guys please use the ignore feature so we all stay at the right level and maintain a quality site.

Pete

'71 1750 Series 2 GTV:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
156 Series 1 v6 ... and remember it's all just opinions
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PSk; 07-13-2006 at 05:12 PM.
post #101 of 146 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 11:51 PM

I clearly understand that most of the people here are not interested in history, but gossips.

But same question again and again
HOW MANY PEOPLE HERE CLEARLY SAW THE CAR AND TOUCH IT ?
post #102 of 146 (permalink) Old 07-14-2006, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfaRonny
You can always try this...
Don't know if it will guarantee better posts, but at least it tastes better...
And here some Dutch water;

http://www.alfa-bier.nl/:)
I actualy tastes as bad as some Alfa's drive*

*We once had a 33 with an impossible gearbox, and my current 166 has a Sporttronic which is a joke too and an engine with zero power under 4000 revs, but it is the most beautiful saloon on this planet so I can live with it. Not sure what to think about the new 166 3.2...... I've been told this is an Opel engine???? Wrong thread perhaps but at least about cars.

(And I did react the way I did because I don't like to receive hatemail in my personal emailadress, from a hotmail adress...... Never had this experience before)

Last edited by isofidia; 07-14-2006 at 03:27 AM.
post #103 of 146 (permalink) Old 07-14-2006, 07:01 PM

Can anyone understand a word that the one guy is writing??
I'm wondering if it's Pig Latin.
Or some sort of secret code.
Maybe it's pirate speak Y'ARRG MATIE!!
Paul

The meek shall inherit the rear view mirror.

Alfas owned/own!
81 GTV-6
83 GTV-6
86 GTV-6
87 Milano Gold
88 Milano Verde
91 164S
77 Alfetta sedan
79 Alfetta GTV(smooshed and ground up)
post #104 of 146 (permalink) Old 07-15-2006, 05:49 AM

I dont think one needs to OWN a car, or even to have seen it in the flesh to see what it is, or what it is trying to be.

Many of us absorb the knowledge we have and use to discuss in this forum from books and journals written by knowledgable individuals (er, where is this leading..?) So, what worries me, is that someone out there who IS actually writing some of the books, is implying to us that we all need to either own or converse directly with the owners of these cars to know anything about them?!

What the hell is going on? Doesn't that alone undermine the purpose of having gone to the effort of writing a book..?

I've never owned a Bizzarini, an ISO, a Ferrari, Maserati or any other hyper-exotic, but like many of you, I am qualified to discuss them. Not as an authority, but in general conversation like we do here, in my short time thus far. I think anyone short of an open mind and too full of their own opinions is probably in the wrong place.

Most of the cars we talk about on this BB are surrounded by the mystique assciated by being simply Italian cars, this is half the beauty - is it not?

viva Italian cars. They're the best, dont complicate it beyond what it is already complicated!
post #105 of 146 (permalink) Old 07-15-2006, 11:21 AM

Knowledge

Greetings,
Well said Ben, I could not agree more. Even if you own an exotic,that does not mean that you know that much about them. There are many "cheque book" owners that know the cars only in theory.
My old Maserati never ceases to amaze me.....when you get "down and dirty" and see the real car and the construction methods used, then you can begin to understand the soul of the car and that of the builders. (talk about hand built) Regards Ian.

Last edited by VeloceOne; 07-15-2006 at 06:43 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode