Mystery car - Page 5 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 146 (permalink) Old 07-08-2006, 08:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by isofidia
Jack will not be pleased to read this.

Was your last remark meant for me Phil? About the photo show I mean. I don't know what you mean by that.

It s the true, no more, no less.
Jack is not a author, never publish a book.
It was my partner because the idea come from him, but as I didn t want him for the TZ book, he get upset.
Jack have his qualities but in this case, if he want to believe that he wrote the book, ok for me, I don t care but let s see the second edition and you will see.
Writing a book is a long work, and a full job dedication, I recognise that the first edition was good but not perfect as we were missing all the archives from Bizzarrini, also Jack job was to correct the english writing who at the end was not done correctly.

My last remark was about the photo that I show with a front engine car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 146 (permalink) Old 07-08-2006, 09:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finlandese
Marvin,

Very few people are pleased to read anything Mr. Olzcyk posts here..
Sir, then why you post ?
If you are not happy, nobody force you to reply Sir
post #63 of 146 (permalink) Old 07-08-2006, 03:59 PM

Please don't start a fight now. Someone told me to read some other topics where things got out of hand and why start this here again??

One thing I know is that I don't want to get in the middle in any fight over something (old Italian sportscars) I consider a hobby.

About the book. When I got the first copy of the book I remember asking Jack Koobs de Hartog why he changed it so much because I liked the manuscript as it was. I guess he'll give his answer one of these days because I saw he is a member of this forum too. It is a good thing the book got publised and I hope the next one will be available soon.

And this car on the photo. It looks a bit like the Picchio with a Bizzarrini bonnet and Ferrari rims.... Just guessing. I'm sure you know what it is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 146 (permalink) Old 07-08-2006, 06:23 PM

PFFEEEWWWW!!!!

Just in the nick of time, i thought i was gonna miss out on another hijacking of a perfectly good thread.

Ok, back to your regularly scheduled program.
Attached Images

post #65 of 146 (permalink) Old 07-09-2006, 01:31 AM

You guys are right, just couldnīt help myself. I shouldīve pmīd Marvin my point. Delete, delete..

Jani
post #66 of 146 (permalink) Old 07-09-2006, 12:37 PM Thread Starter

I don't want to disturb your dispute, but I would still like to know more about this car. Found another picture on www.supercars.net of this probably unique car. Don't know if the picture was taken for the car, or maybe the photographer wanted a picture of me taking a pic ???
If someone knows anything more about this car, please let us all know instead of changing this thread into another joke.
Attached Images

post #67 of 146 (permalink) Old 07-10-2006, 04:36 AM

Talking Bizzarrini Promise

Dear Friends,

For some of you it might be interesting to know that the photos below show the Bizzarrini Promise.

Barchetta PT97A Promise.
Commissioned by an old acquaintance, Count Giovanni Volpi di Misurata from the Ferrari/ATS/Serenissima time, Bizzarrini, in co-operation with CNR (Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche) build 'The Promise' in 1997. Count Volpi told me that this is a by a Ferrari 348 (later an Alfa Romeo) powered engine research platform, in which it is proven the promises for the future had to be found in the use of light weight materials, such as armoured carbon in combination with the modern engine- and (4wheel) drive management technics.

When we realise that for the testing platform of the Promise, financed by Count Volpi, only 12 HP is needed to maintain a speed of 150 Kmh, highly powered engines are not the big issue anymore.
The state of affairs in today's engine- and (four wheel) drive management can achieve a much higher yield of the energy used. Not only the energy needed for the use of the car but also from the energy needed for the making of the car. Also the use of light materials, for instance the very strong armed carbon fibre, gives an enormous advantage in the environment balance. Carbon only weighs 1 kg/m2 in comparison with steel, 15! The Promise has a laminated carbon chassis that weighs 15 kg. and also the provisional bodywork does not weigh anything more. Just imagine! Chassis and body together only weigh 30 kg.

It is the big car industry that seems to slow down this development. There is a killing competition in the market of super cars which actually doesnot contribute to the development of the car so loved by us.
Okay, if we buy ourselves a Rolls Royce we know that we buy hundreds of thousands euro worth of comfort and status. A 3 tons weighing living room on wheels.
But on the other hand, if for the same amount of money we buy f.i. a Ferrari, McLaren, Pagani or Mercedes sportscar, than we are forced to think that we buy a piece of car technics which is cutting edges.
Nothing is less true. It is an elaborating on old principles.

According to Bizzarrini a car which is cutting edges, with the same achievements, if we drop the 0 to 100 kmh principle, can be made for a selling price of approximately 40.000 euro, is much more interesting and does not endanger the environment that much.
We have to emphasize that we than are talking automotive technical developments which are really cutting edges.

The Promise project has been offered to many big car-industries. Everyone thinks it is 'very interesting', but only because the Italian research institute CNR is involved and their demands for the future for the car industry will point in that direction that there comes an awareness that one has to start thinking that way. Nowadays one carefully watches over the shoulder of Bizzarrini.

The consequence of all this is that some marketing items of the various superbrands are build on quicksand in adopting this new vision by the customer.
High power, useless. Many cylinders, useless. Great weight and size, many people think it is the same as security, useless.
It is clear that this development doesnot play in the hand of the steel- and oilindustry and lots of opposition comes from that direction.
But slowly but surely (political-)times are changing.

Just my cent of sombody who knows

Ciao,
Jack
Attached Images

post #68 of 146 (permalink) Old 07-10-2006, 06:26 AM
Banned

Good answer, but only a small problem, after talking with **** Volpi, this one deny to ever been involve in this project !
And nobody known where is the car today, not even Bizzarrini
post #69 of 146 (permalink) Old 07-10-2006, 07:18 AM

Of course a good answer
And ....... I know where the car is. Count Volpi told me.
But I won't tell you where

Ciao,
Jack
post #70 of 146 (permalink) Old 07-10-2006, 08:09 AM
Banned

I like your humour Jack,but Count Volpi say no to me ?
post #71 of 146 (permalink) Old 07-10-2006, 09:29 AM

It is obvious that people choose what they say to whom

Ciao,
Jack
post #72 of 146 (permalink) Old 07-10-2006, 09:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Kadeha

Ciao,
Jack

Now now....Olczyk has officially proclaimed himself to be God earlier in the thread ....so he must know more than you
post #73 of 146 (permalink) Old 07-10-2006, 11:52 AM
Banned

Volpi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Kadeha

Ciao,
Jack
Here the email from Volpi
Now, you can claim to have talked with Enzo Ferrari also, but claiming a story, don t means that the story is true.
I like facts, not gossips

Originally Posted by Olczyk
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDM
I forwarded your request to GV.
Gary

Can you please ask Count Volpi where is the car today ? Barchetta with a 348 engine

Thank You

Giotto told me that he send the car to Switzerland ?
Regards
Thank You[/quote]

Count Volpi has no information on the car.
Gary
post #74 of 146 (permalink) Old 07-10-2006, 11:55 AM
Banned

Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by dretceterini
Now now....Olczyk has officially proclaimed himself to be God earlier in the thread ....so he must know more than you
Schaller, why you come again here, you ad nothings on this subject.
I known somethings as all the Alfa community, a judge from Los Angeles have taken the decision to fine you 300 000 $ for your gossips.
post #75 of 146 (permalink) Old 07-10-2006, 12:32 PM

May be the difference is that on this subject Count Volpi called me directly, not via a middleman called Gary, november 9th 2000 wile writing my Bizzarrini book.
During that conversation Count Volpi also told me that the Ferrari 348 engine was replaced by an Alfa one. A difference of 146 kgs on a total weight of 650.
That are facts if you want so
In my opinion the Count is a wise man and knows exactly what he says and does.

Ciao,
Jack

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode