Mystery car - Page 4 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 146 (permalink) Old 07-05-2006, 08:55 AM

Rule number one = ask the owner
Who ask the owner ? NOBODY , then with imagination, you can tell many stories but ask first the guy who drove it and own it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 146 (permalink) Old 07-05-2006, 10:10 AM

I am starting to enjoy reading about the older an more obscure Italian cars.

However, once both of these chaps make a post in contribution to any of these threads, we suffer:

Thread Degeneration

Can we perhaps have a gentlemen's agreement amongst you that you will not respond to each other's posts, only other peoples' posts? You both have useful information. Sometimes you are forthcoming about said information. It would be great if you could stop this bad-mannered habit of thread hijacking.

'85 GTV6
post #48 of 146 (permalink) Old 07-05-2006, 04:45 PM
PSk

Send a message via AIM to PSk Send a message via Yahoo to PSk
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllthingsZagato
Re the breadvan Ferrari, Drogo's shop was the constructor but had access to and co-operation from the ATS engineers, Bizzarrini amongst them
Agree, but my point was the body was designed by Bizzarrini, not Drogo.

Thus IMO acknowledgement should go to the designer not the constructor. The first owner of the car and person who instigated the modifications, Count Volpi very clearly states the car was the effort of Bizzarrini design wise.

Anyway ... mute point I guess. I just don't agree with the car being called the 'Drogo breadvan'.
Pete

'71 1750 Series 2 GTV:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
156 Series 1 v6 ... and remember it's all just opinions
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #49 of 146 (permalink) Old 07-05-2006, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveH
Thread Degeneration

Can we perhaps have a gentlemen's agreement amongst you that you will not respond to each other's posts, only other peoples' posts? You both have useful information. Sometimes you are forthcoming about said information. It would be great if you could stop this bad-mannered habit of thread hijacking.
My comment to Olczyk in another thread:
Yes, you are right. You know everything. You must be God.

His Response:
Finally, you agree with me..Thank You

How can anyone possably have a gentlemen's agreement with someone who actually thinks they are God???
post #50 of 146 (permalink) Old 07-05-2006, 06:04 PM
PSk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dretceterini
... Ignoring ...
What's the car in your avatar?

Pete

'71 1750 Series 2 GTV:
post #51 of 146 (permalink) Old 07-06-2006, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSk
Agree, but my point was the body was designed by Bizzarrini, not Drogo.

Thus IMO acknowledgement should go to the designer not the constructor. The first owner of the car and person who instigated the modifications, Count Volpi very clearly states the car was the effort of Bizzarrini design wise.

Anyway ... mute point I guess. I just don't agree with the car being called the 'Drogo breadvan'.
Pete
As you known, I wrote the Bizzarrini book, and I finish now the second edition of the official Bizzarrini book. I m very good friend with Giotto and I visit him many times.
The Breadvan was imagined by Giotto, and he told me that the Ferrari GTO evolution was going like this because the better aerodynamic.
THen, as Giotto didn t have a body shop, the car was built at Drogo.
Remember, as this time in Italy, everybody was working together and they was all friends.
Now, many projects made or imagined by Giotto have never been seen simply, because most of them are not show.
Who ever see this car below ?

Don t start to say that it s fake a a replica, because you don t known this car !

Can anyone tell me which engine the car use and when it was built ?
Attached Images

post #52 of 146 (permalink) Old 07-06-2006, 01:35 AM

In the "60, they all eat in the same restaurant and was taking the coffee all together, it was a real family where they was proud to show what they have realised. Everybody cooperate with everybody.
Italy is still the best place today on the planet for exotic cars.
post #53 of 146 (permalink) Old 07-06-2006, 01:37 AM

post #54 of 146 (permalink) Old 07-06-2006, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSk
What's the car in your avatar?

Pete

Fiat 8V Sestriere Rally 1959
post #55 of 146 (permalink) Old 07-06-2006, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olczyk
In the "60, they all eat in the same restaurant and was taking the coffee all together, it was a real family where they was proud to show what they have realised. Everybody cooperate with everybody.
Italy is still the best place today on the planet for exotic cars.
Hi Phil, they still do, at least last time I was there. I did notice Italians have a very selective memory, for very good reasons sometimes. I guess many strange things have happened during the sixties and early seventies. It sometimes takes more than one bottle of Ghianti to break the ice. But when they talk you better listen.

One more thing. I hope you don't mind me correcting you but Jack Koobs the Hartog is the original writer of the first Bizzarrini book (I have a copy of the original manuscript). I thought you were the one who made it possible for him to have it published and that he wrote it?

How is work progressing on the second book? You say it is ready, so when can we buy it?

Regards,

Marvin
post #56 of 146 (permalink) Old 07-06-2006, 10:11 AM

Quote:
How can anyone possably have a gentlemen's agreement with someone who actually thinks they are God???
This is a rather unique arrangement: only 1 of you has to abide by it for it to work.

'85 GTV6
post #57 of 146 (permalink) Old 07-06-2006, 04:39 PM
PSk

Quote:
Fiat 8V Sestriere Rally 1959
Thanks ... exciting car the Fiat 8V!

Pete

'71 1750 Series 2 GTV:
post #58 of 146 (permalink) Old 07-07-2006, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by isofidia
Hi Phil, they still do, at least last time I was there. I did notice Italians have a very selective memory, for very good reasons sometimes. I guess many strange things have happened during the sixties and early seventies. It sometimes takes more than one bottle of Ghianti to break the ice. But when they talk you better listen.

One more thing. I hope you don't mind me correcting you but Jack Koobs the Hartog is the original writer of the first Bizzarrini book (I have a copy of the original manuscript). I thought you were the one who made it possible for him to have it published and that he wrote it?

How is work progressing on the second book? You say it is ready, so when can we buy it?

Regards,

Marvin
Hum, if it s true that Jack was at the beginning of the project, it is false to say that he wrote this book.
1 reason = in his project, he had only photos that he stole from internet with 72 dpi = impossible to print
2 reason = his project was nothings more than text taken also from other people on internet.

Anyway, the official Bizzarrini book is finish and will be available in 2007
post #59 of 146 (permalink) Old 07-07-2006, 01:35 PM

Where is your comments about the photo show ???????????????????
post #60 of 146 (permalink) Old 07-08-2006, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olczyk
Hum, if it s true that Jack was at the beginning of the project, it is false to say that he wrote this book.
1 reason = in his project, he had only photos that he stole from internet with 72 dpi = impossible to print
2 reason = his project was nothings more than text taken also from other people on internet.

Anyway, the official Bizzarrini book is finish and will be available in 2007
Jack will not be pleased to read this.

Was your last remark meant for me Phil? About the photo show I mean. I don't know what you mean by that.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode