If not Alfa than what?????? - Page 3 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-02-2003, 07:37 PM

GTVMAN, do you enjoy conflict? it seems you get into quite a few arguments from what I can tell. All I know (which is very little) is that there are some exceptional FWD cars that have been made and are being made. GTVMAN, since when do you race your chop-top GTV in any "prominent" international racing competition? To be blunt, the Alfas we own are not meant for today's international races anyways, so why quibble over FWD vs. RWD? We drive Alfas and other cars like them for their style, handling, etc. I feel like a broken record, but it seems that this point is not being made apparent. To all of you, why dont we all calm down by going for a drive>? haha

Josh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-02-2003, 07:38 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Alex Csank
Josh, that's a great idea!

Rev high! Alex 'Sandor' Csank
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
514-771-9513 President, Alfa Romeo Club of Canada (ARCC) www.alfaclub.ca
post #33 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-02-2003, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Rocketjosh
To all of you, why dont we all calm down by going for a drive>? haha

Josh
I can't calm down by going for a drive - my Alfa is in the hospital getting some work done to the suspension and tranny. And I hadn't realized how bad my GTI was being FWD, so I can't drive that either anymore

GTVMAN - how old are you by the way?

Nick
1967 Duetto 1600
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-02-2003, 09:56 PM

I am 19, and don't give me any speeches about age buster I agree, the reason I love my car so much isn't because of the drivetrain, it is because of the exceptional handling, and the main reason is really because it is one of the most beutiful cars ever made in my opinion...

Daniel Katz
'91 Lotus Elan M100 Turbo
post #35 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-03-2003, 12:20 AM

Gee, did I really start all this? Funny thing is I tried to get the thread back on topic, but managed to drift if off on the FWD vs RWD direction. Sorry.

Quote:
GTVMAN: I am 19
Anyone surprised? No offense, but you really need to check your facts before lashing out.
FWD is superior to RWD in many aspects; safety, economy and performance in some circumstances. Like Alex mentioned; Alfa won the ETCC this year in a FWD 156. The reason I wrote "sadly enough", concerning FWD in the Thema - or 164 for that matter, is that I find RWD so much more fun and rewarding to drive. I live in a country where the weather sucks, and roads are wet and slippery much of the time - making FWD cars the "sensible" choice. Of course I appreciate the FWD of my 164 under those conditions, but it doesnt change the fact, that I still miss the Maserati 424v I once had! (Impossible to get up the slightest hill in the wet, but immense fun in the dry)

Jørgen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1969 1300GT Junior
1971 2000 Spider (racecar!)
1964 Vespa Gran Sport
post #36 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-03-2003, 02:29 AM

Well, actually I think the RWD cars in the ETCC weigh more to even out the field...
They also have the stupid iea that the car that wins get to carry around extra weight in the following races, real intelligent...

Mats Strandberg

GTV 2000 -77
<= These are picture links you know...
75 Turbo -87 *sold*
<=
post #37 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-03-2003, 02:34 AM

Quote:
They also have the stupid iea that the car that wins get to carry around extra weight in the following races, real intelligent...
That actually IS very intelligent. It ensures that noone gets far ahead of the competition, and keeps the races close and exciting. This is done to avoid a situation like Formula1 where the results are predictable.

Jørgen

1969 1300GT Junior
1964 Vespa Gran Sport
post #38 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-03-2003, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

if someone drives a fwd alfa good for them, at the time alfa only produces fwd and they will certainly start making awd and rwd to be more competitive in the higher ranks of the automotive world so they can compete with an M3, S4, AMG etc......till then god bless all alfas!!!

gtvman, this a friendly forum to discuss about alfas not debate how ur gtv is better than someones 164 cuz its fwd

Current: 89' Milano Gold(sold)
Next: 164 S

Be warned though, Alfas can have a strange effect on owners; ‘Alfaholic’ a recognised condition among car enthusiasts
post #39 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-03-2003, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

if someone drives a fwd alfa good for them, at the time alfa only produces fwd and they will certainly start making awd and rwd to be more competitive in the higher ranks of the automotive world so they can compete with an M3, S4, AMG etc......till then god bless all alfas!!!

gtvman, this a friendly forum to discuss about alfas not debate how ur gtv is better than someones 164 cuz its fwd

Be warned though, Alfas can have a strange effect on owners; ‘Alfaholic’ a recognised condition among car enthusiasts
post #40 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-03-2003, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

post #41 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-03-2003, 10:24 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Alex Csank
Dave,

How come your posts replicate themselves? Are they having sex?

Rev high! Alex 'Sandor' Csank
514-771-9513 President, Alfa Romeo Club of Canada (ARCC) www.alfaclub.ca
post #42 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-03-2003, 10:37 AM

Instead of an Alfa Romeo , how about an RX-7??????
Has anyone driven a wankel engined car??
Attached Images

1750 GT Veloce 1a serie
post #43 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-03-2003, 12:44 PM Thread Starter

or this italian beast, V8 biturbo with 335hp capable of bringing u and ur 4 passenger to a speed of 275kmh
Attached Images

post #44 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-03-2003, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TAKIS
Instead of an Alfa Romeo , how about an RX-7??????
Has anyone driven a wankel engined car??
I've been eyeing the new Mazda RX-8 (their new rotary engined car). Looks really good - they've done a good job with the hidden rear doors, etc. and the new rotary engine is meant to be fantastic.

I sat in one this weekend (at the New England car show) and was impressed. Haven't driven one, although would like to - zoom, zoom.

Nick
1967 Duetto 1600
post #45 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-03-2003, 01:54 PM

Quote:
this italian beast
Aaaaaaaaaaah! I didnt mention it, because its out of my budget, but I have to confess that the Quattroporte is my favourite saloon car of all times. I had a Maserati 424v once, and the Quattroporte is very similar in engine type and interior design. It is SO cool! It has the meanest rear end - the only thing that comes close is the 166. Man, I want one of these some day!

My saloon car wishlist looks something like:

1. Maserati Quattroporte.
2. Ferrari 412 (how much of a saloon is that?!)
3. Alfa 166 3.0V6
4. Lancia Thema 8.32
5. Alfa 164 Q4 (4WD)
6. Alfa 164 3.0V6 - my current - so, I'm working my way up the list!

Jørgen

1969 1300GT Junior
1964 Vespa Gran Sport

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode